In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2020 at 3:01:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Saudi Arabia to end floggings!

I still would not suggest ever visiting.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 3:05:03 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Gandler
She is just a nut, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind.
Translation: "I don't like her, therefore I'm gonna call her names now." 🙄

BTW how come you only speak out against protesters that you don't like? [Of course, we all know the answer to that.............] 🙄

Isn't it amazing that libbies laud protesters when they agree with them yet they want protesters arrested when they don't agree with them?? That's pretty much the definition of fascism........

Where were you and all the other libbies when Black Lives Matter scheduled a "die in" on property that wasn't theirs without permission?? They didn't get arrested yet your libbie blinders won't allow you to accept that the woman was unfairly arrested unlike BLM who wasn't arrested at all.

April 24th, 2020 at 3:16:38 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/coronavirus-navy-recommends-reinstating-uss-theodore-roosevelt-captain-crozier.html

"WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy’s top officials recommended Friday that the captain relieved of duty after sounding the alarm of a growing coronavirus outbreak aboard an aircraft carrier should be reinstated, The New York Times reports. "

I know earlier somebody bashed me for saying the investigation will take its course (after a Sherriff illegally defied a stay-at-home order) . Well, it turns out the investigation turned out in favor of the Captain.

This goes to show that the proper channels is the place to protest actions you view as wrong, but ultimately orders have to be followed by officials.
April 24th, 2020 at 3:19:21 PM permalink
Shrek
the proper channels is the place to protest actions you view as wrong, but ultimately orders have to be followed by officials.

Bernie Sanders didn't follow the "proper channels" and got arrested because he was somewhere where he shouldn't be.
So you support his arrest here??????????????????????????

April 24th, 2020 at 3:28:17 PM permalink
Gandler
For those who still insist Ms. Brady was not trespassing, here is a primary source:

https://apps.adacounty.id.gov/sheriff/reports/#

BRADY, SARAMERIDIAN, ID
Booking Date: Tue 4/21
Time: 5:02 PM

Agency Severity Charge Statute Type
Meridian City Police Department M 1ST OFFENSE TRESPASS - FAILURE TO DEPART I18-7008(3)(a)(i)(2) Criminal Charge
April 24th, 2020 at 3:36:31 PM permalink
Shrek
For those who still insist Ms. Brady was not trespassing

So are you saying that it was correct for police to arrest Martin Luther King????
Because he trespassed too.

Quote:
"In 1964, civil rights demonstrators jumped into a segregated pool at the hotel because the manager refused to let Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his guests enter the Monson Restaurant."

"Many of the demonstrators were arrested for trespassing and disorderly conduct"

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2014/06/17/50-years-later-monson-motor-lodge-incident/

It's amazing what libbies will say about protesters who they disagree with. 🙄
April 24th, 2020 at 3:54:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Not another flu? Maybe. But it is not what it has been made out to be. What we have spend and the job losses when taken to a per death rate are beyond unacceptable, they are criminal. It appears at worst it will kill 3Xs what the flu usually does. And I completely believe they are over counting. Attributing it to the cause of death when it is not a primary cause.

Well duhhhhh It will only kill 3x what the flu usually does BECAUSE of the draconian measures taken. Of course we will never know if it would have killed 5x, 10x, 50x a normal flu season had we done nothing special.

I am not arguing that per life saved it is worth the cost. That is very complex to decide. I've said that we need to not open up until the regular medical infrastructure can handle the dead and dying.
To me, until the Javits Center is no longer a hospital, until the tents in Central Park are gone, until the boat isn't needed, it just isn't time yet.....in NYC.

i am not against Alaska and Montana just using some form of social distancing while essentially opening up. As long as the Alaskans and Montanans realize more of them will die than would have if they didn't open up.

As far as overcounting, that is also complicated. Trust me, if you are the hospital CEO, you don't want anyone to know you have a COVID patient there, let alone dead from COVID. But, if you think you will get some Federal handout per death, well it was COVID then.

I think it was here I saw a picture of a dead man splattered on the ground with an unopened parachute.... a nurse puts a swab in his mouth and says he died from COVID....
April 24th, 2020 at 8:20:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
And it is different. It was not at night. It was not a safety issue. It was enforcement of police state order.
Pretty much all law enforcement is. I understand NYC has been obsessively enforcing jaywalking and littering laws for years.
April 24th, 2020 at 8:20:44 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
And it is different. It was not at night. It was not a safety issue. It was enforcement of police state order.
Pretty much all law enforcement is. I understand NYC has been obsessively enforcing jaywalking and littering laws for years.
April 24th, 2020 at 8:33:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Fleastiff

I wish that were true in more cities. I hate when people dump trash in the street. And Police seem to give leniency to homeless in this regard, sadly this causes homeless encampments to become literal dumps. And, nothing is done.

Littering is a safety issue. It is environmental safety, general cleanliness, and overall health of a city. If police actually wrote a ticket every time somebody dropped a cig on the street or tossed a beer can in the gutter, the City would be flooded with revenue, and the City would be better off for it.

I am aware as to the homeless issue that police don't write tickets simply because it is too much work (no ID, no way to track if they pay or show up to court), but this goes back to why we need a national bio-metric database.