In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 26th, 2020 at 11:57:58 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Socially America is on the decline. Has been for 2 generations now. Collapse is coming. Some places, like much of CA, has already seen social collapse.

Huh? Democrat pols kiss their ring.

Yet again you are not getting it. Abortion is the EFFECT, not the CAUSE.

I don't know what you mean by social collapse, seems like a subjective term.

I simply don't agree with abortion being an effect of social decline.

America has made tremendous social progress since the 60s, civil rights movements, gay rights....

As for politicians support, I assume you mean medical organizations like planned parenthood? There is no mainstream politician that supports abortion praising.
April 26th, 2020 at 12:05:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I don't know what you mean by social collapse, seems like a subjective term.

I simply don't agree with abortion being an effect of social decline.

Social decline. Think the excesses of the Roman Empire that led to its fall. A society that lives for the moment only. Is so tied up in consumerism and decadence that it does not look to the future. And in places like CA, a huge underclass that can barely survive.

Quote:
America has made tremendous social progress since the 60s, civil rights movements, gay rights....

And since we have seen an increase in homelessness, destruction of the nuclear family, and a huge drug culture.

Quote:
As for politicians support, I assume you mean medical organizations like planned parenthood? There is no mainstream politician that supports abortion praising.

I mean look at all the Democrats that fight for "abortion until the moment of birth." Ones that support laws denying care for a baby that survives abortion. Support for infanticide (a/k/a "partial birth abortion." Ones that support public funding of abortion. You need not look far, just look at most any elected Democrat. Be a Democratic politician and say you do not support abortion. Your career will be over.
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2020 at 12:10:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
McConnell using the "B" word (bankruptcy) with regards to states will come back to haunt him and the rest of the Republican party.
I understand his desire not to add a few more TRILLION dollars to the Federal debt, but the need to fund the states is equal to the need to fund individuals, certain industries, and small businesses.

Now, it certainly is possible to say..... "Governor Cuomo, once you stop paying college tuition for illegal aliens, granting driver's licenses for them, providing free abortions for all, etc...., then after you show us those savings, we will be glad to help with coronavirus specific costs."

But a blanket 'let them go bankrupt' fails miserably on main street.
April 26th, 2020 at 3:56:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Social decline. Think the excesses of the Roman Empire that led to its fall. A society that lives for the moment only. Is so tied up in consumerism and decadence that it does not look to the future. And in places like CA, a huge underclass that can barely survive.

And since we have seen an increase in homelessness, destruction of the nuclear family, and a huge drug culture.

I mean look at all the Democrats that fight for "abortion until the moment of birth." Ones that support laws denying care for a baby that survives abortion. Support for infanticide (a/k/a "partial birth abortion." Ones that support public funding of abortion. You need not look far, just look at most any elected Democrat. Be a Democratic politician and say you do not support abortion. Your career will be over.

That is not a mainstream democrat position. If you cite a bill with serious support that has been proposed we could have that conversation. But, you are just pushing an extreme narrative.

Homelessness is caused by the release of mental hospitals, high housing prices, and drugs. There are certainly "working homeless" or simply cannot afford somewhere to live where they are located. But, most long term homelessness involves mental illness and drugs.

I would not say there is a drug culture, but drug use is a problem. (That includes alcohol use, which is an even bigger problem)....

Destruction of the nuclear family is a problem. Divorce is easier and less stigmatized than ever which is one reason. Another, is pre-martial children.... There is no easy fix for this. Unless you also support banning divorce (as the bible guides?) (which if your abortion objection is bionically based you should to be philosophically consistent )....

America is not on the path to failure. It continues to grow in strength. America will continue to be a World Power for many generations (probably long after humans leave earth). It will probably go into history as being the most influential country of all time.
April 26th, 2020 at 4:49:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That is not a mainstream democrat position. If you cite a bill with serious support that has been proposed we could have that conversation. But, you are just pushing an extreme narrative.

Loving abortion is required to be a pol in the Democrat Party today.

Quote:
Homelessness is caused by the release of mental hospitals, high housing prices, and drugs. There are certainly "working homeless" or simply cannot afford somewhere to live where they are located. But, most long term homelessness involves mental illness and drugs.

I would not say there is a drug culture, but drug use is a problem. (That includes alcohol use, which is an even bigger problem)....

Destruction of the nuclear family is a problem. Divorce is easier and less stigmatized than ever which is one reason. Another, is pre-martial children.... There is no easy fix for this. Unless you also support banning divorce (as the bible guides?) (which if your abortion objection is bionically based you should to be philosophically consistent )....

There is a drug culture. Alcohol has nothing to do with it. Along with out of wedlock births, drugs have destroyed the Black community. Now they are tearing apart lower class whites. Drugs drive other crime. Drugs make it impossible to get and keep a decent job. Time will tell what legalizing pot does to things. I do not see it improving the situation.

Whatever the cause, homelessness is making places unlivable. But the worst part is in the hardest hit areas, government and lots of the population is coming down on the side of the homeless. This drives out good people. It makes good areas slums that nobody wants to be in.

Divorce is not what is killing the nuclear family today, out of wedlock births are. Again the Black community got destroyed by this a generation ago. Now Whites are catching up. This will cause a White underclass that has incarceration rates similar to Blacks today. It will cause the same poverty. For a generation White single mothers will live off the wealth of their parents, something Black single mothers could not do in the late 60s. It will be lifetime poverty as more and more guys realize they need to have a "no single mothers" dating policy. The dangers of dating them are too great.

Quote:
America is not on the path to failure. It continues to grow in strength. America will continue to be a World Power for many generations (probably long after humans leave earth). It will probably go into history as being the most influential country of all time.

The USA is past its peak on the power scale. Demographic decline has started. I can seriously see it breaking into 3 countries. It will not make its 300th birthday.
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2020 at 4:54:03 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

That is not true. If they loved it like I do they would force it upon people that shouldn't have kids.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 26th, 2020 at 5:18:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
That is exactly right. And they use anything to justify it. Remember when I explained science says life begins at conception and all of the sudden they were anti-science? I have said is before and I will say it again, the higher the abortion rate the more in decline a society is. And people celebrating abortion are mentally ill.

Quote: DRich
That is not true. If they loved it like I do they would force it upon people that shouldn't have kids.

*Emphasis added to Duffman’s (laughable) post
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 26th, 2020 at 5:27:35 PM permalink
Gandler

There is a drug culture. Alcohol has nothing to do with it. Along with out of wedlock births, drugs have destroyed the Black community. Now they are tearing apart lower class whites. Drugs drive other crime. Drugs make it impossible to get and keep a decent job. Time will tell what legalizing pot does to things. I do not see it improving the situation.

Whatever the cause, homelessness is making places unlivable. But the worst part is in the hardest hit areas, government and lots of the population is coming down on the side of the homeless. This drives out good people. It makes good areas slums that nobody wants to be in.

Divorce is not what is killing the nuclear family today, out of wedlock births are. Again the Black community got destroyed by this a generation ago. Now Whites are catching up. This will cause a White underclass that has incarceration rates similar to Blacks today. It will cause the same poverty. For a generation White single mothers will live off the wealth of their parents, something Black single mothers could not do in the late 60s. It will be lifetime poverty as more and more guys realize they need to have a "no single mothers" dating policy. The dangers of dating them are too great.

The USA is past its peak on the power scale. Demographic decline has started. I can seriously see it breaking into 3 countries. It will not make its 300th birthday.

USA is not past its peak, it will continue to expand in power.

300th birthday? lol, that is probably the most absurd part of that post.

As for your social points. Most marriages end in divorce (50 some percent) so yes, that is a big contributor.

America has a far more alcohol problem than a drug problem, this is also an observable fact.
April 26th, 2020 at 6:00:17 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

America has a far more alcohol problem than a drug problem, this is also an observable fact.

The US has been relatively steady at about 8 litres of alcohol per person per year since 1850 (exclude prohibition years). If it is a serious problem it has been for 170 years nothing new is going on.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 27th, 2020 at 8:50:20 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman

The US has been relatively steady at about 8 litres of alcohol per person per year since 1850 (exclude prohibition years). If it is a serious problem it has been for 170 years nothing new is going on.

That is not the right stat to look at.

There are about 22 million Americans with substance abuse problems. About 15 million of them are alcoholics (the other 6ish million are spread amount various drugs).....

Also, far more people are arrested for driving drunk than driving under the influence of any other drug....

Alcohol cause far more deaths (both by overdose, and by actions taken while drunk leading to death) than any illegal drug (by a large margin).

There is no comparison between alcohol and illegal drugs as far as which has the highest rate of abuse.

Now, this could be due, not just to alcohols addicting nature, but also the prevalence of which it is available. If you could buy cocaine as easily as alcohol would those stats change? Maybe, but maybe not by as much as you think, alcohol has a large segment of control as far as being socially normal (even people with alcohol issues are not as stigmatized as people with illegal drug issues)... If cocaine and heroin were legal, I don't think people would rush out to try it, like people do alcohol when they turn 21....