In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 25th, 2020 at 9:43:20 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/208/meridian-mom-sara-brady-apologizes-for-arrest-at-kleiner-park-idaho-coronavirus/277-66336ba5-efcd-4881-896f-9ff610ffd6b2

Brady apologizes for her actions, backs down and insists that she was not part of the protest (even though she was the only one refusing to leave in the video) and being a member of the groups.....

Also, it is worth noting that she has made requests for police patrols outside of her house because of people protesting in front of her house (after supporting people protesting the Officers house), oh the irony. She does not like protesters outside her house, but supports (well now she backed down) protesters outside the Officers house, how rich.

She was taken to the police statement to make a public apology on her errors. Her trial is still pending.

Again for the record the charges are trespassing (not for violating the stay at home order).

This is a major victory for progress.

-Edit: She is also playing the mental health card. Which may be true based on her membership of certain groups.......
April 25th, 2020 at 10:03:40 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
It is not a police state. If it was everyone at the house would have been arrested.

She was arrested for being where she legally could not be, she knew in advance. She ignored orders and warnings to leave. The park was closed to the public, she was there illegally and was arrested.

She went there to make a statement. She had to go out of her way to get arrested. She was not snatched off the street randomly. This story continues to be taken out of context.

For the record She planned her arrest. She wanted to be arrested in front of her children. Her intent was to get arrested while using her children as a shield.
People still do not seem to understand that this was a planned event. This was not some random aloof mother snatched up at a park.

Planned or not does not matter. It is a protest against the current police state the USA has become under the china virus scare.

It is not a proper protest because she used her children to shield her. And, she was somewhere where she was prohibited to be.

If she was on a public right of way (like the nutbags outside the Offcer's home) it would be a legitimate protest. But, she broke into somewhere where she was not allowed to be, and used her children as a shield. It was not a legitimate protest. And, before you say right to peacefully assemble, that does not give you a right to enter restricted property. Breaking and entering already breaches the threshold of "peaceful" ..... Also, I am shocked that more people are not outraged at her use of children as a shield even if you agree with her point of view......

There was no "breaking and entering." You are not talking like a silly. Let me explain it to you directly. You may enjoy sitting home under house arrest watching your rights get taken away all under the guise of the china virus. But lots of people have had enough of this. There is no reason to close a playground in an area that is not a hot area like NYC. She was there alone. This is what a police state does. You are backing the police state.

Now you are saying what a "proper protest" is? Let me guess, it would be a proper protest if they were demanding UBI?

Here is a perfect example from one group today. I will post the full instructions in their current edit so you can judge for yourself:

"Come join a parade of protesters so that we together can tell Congress that they must stand with the people and include substantial, monthly payments in the next stimulus package. We get to make a large public impact, protesting in the streets while keeping ourselves and others safe by practicing social distancing. During the Car Parade, people will document their experiences and share on social media so we can be reminded of our collective support for making Congress prioritize our families and our communities.

Here's how you participate in the #DriveforUBI Car Parade:

Sign up to let us know you are participating. Don’t see an event in your town? Become a host to set one up. There's no work as a host, just choose the busiest or most significant street in your town, choose the start and end points if its too long, and you’re done. Then everyone knows were to go!

Send the link to the event to your friends and family tell them to join a parade near them, or host one, if needed.

Decorate your car so people know what the parade is all about: Here’s a link to how to create natural “paint” for your car windows so you can write messages. and here’s a link to a sign you can print to put in your windows. And here’s another sign.

Gather your household, grab your masks!

Grab your keys and grab some snacks! and get to the main street for your city's event by 1pm PST / 4pm EST.

Keep driving back and forth, up and down your main street for 2 hours.

Every 15 mins slow your car to 5 mph and play one of the following songs (example at 1:00pm, 1:15pm, 1:30pm and 1:45pm). (Please download songs ahead of time if needed.) 1. The Times they are A-Changin: Bob Dylan. 2. What’s Going On: Marvin Gaye 3. I Will Survive: Gloria Gaybor (or Cake!)

Have a passenger take photos or videos as you drive in the parade and post to social media with the hashtag: #DriveforUBI "

These are the full instructions as of this morning. As you can see everything is carefully worded to be within legal parameters. And, to promote social distancing and mask wearing.

We don't dox people and stalk them and block their driveway..... We don't tell people to bring children to use as shields..... We don't make things personal..... We don't occupy Federal Property with an armed militia (like Bundy did who was the mind behind the doxxing and Officer's house protest)....

There is no equivalence.

It is simply a peaceful means of getting attention to the issue that more stimulus payments are needed while practicing social distancing and obeying local laws.

And, yes I am aware this says protest, not campaign, its to protest the current writing of the second stimulus bill.... This is not a long term campaign for UBI, but a short term action for a better stimulus....

Also, the alternate event for those who legally or safety cannot drive right now is to paint the windows of their house (their own property, not vandalize the property of others).
April 25th, 2020 at 11:39:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
That is "broken window" policing, and it is what turned NYC from a hell hole sewer to a place people want to live. .

I love the stories about NYC in the late 19th
century. It was the Wild West. Every cop
in the city was on the take, they became
cops to shake people down. All you
needed was $1000 (a huge amount,
equal to $25K today) and you were
a cop and set for life. You could be
an immigrant that spoke little English,
if you had the money, you were a cop.

In those days being outside at night
was asking to be killed. Roving gangs
of immigrants would beat you, steal
all your clothes and possessions,
and leave you dead or dying in an
ally. And the cops did nothing, they
were only there to collect shakedown
money from small business's.

Teddy Roosevelt was the first NYC
police commissioner and he got rid
of all that. He invented a police
system that to this day is used round
the world. He would often patrol
the city as a regular cop and and bust
other cops shaking people down.
TR had brass balls, he was fearless.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2020 at 12:22:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I love the stories about NYC in the late 19th
century. It was the Wild West. Every cop
in the city was on the take, they became
cops to shake people down. All you
needed was $1000 (a huge amount,
equal to $25K today) and you were
a cop and set for life. You could be
an immigrant that spoke little English,
if you had the money, you were a cop.

In those days being outside at night
was asking to be killed. Roving gangs
of immigrants would beat you, steal
all your clothes and possessions,
and leave you dead or dying in an
ally. And the cops did nothing, they
were only there to collect shakedown
money from small business's.

Bob, I think you are confused. That was the 1970s!
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2020 at 1:06:13 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Military Bases are not a place of free expression.
Neither are NFL stadiums although you libbies seem to think it is. 🙄

We don't dox people
This is hilarious. That's exactly what the gays did to people who voted for Prop 8 in California in 2008. 🙄

BTW you never did answer my question about Martin Luther King. The racists got him arrested for trespassing too.
I'm on Dr. King's side. Whose side are YOU on????????
April 25th, 2020 at 2:09:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
BTW you never did answer my question about Martin Luther King. The racists got him arrested for trespassing too.
I'm on Dr. King's side. Whose side are YOU on????????

No surprise there. Who could forget MLK’s famous speech where he called for the genocide of those he disagreed with?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 25th, 2020 at 3:18:18 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I love the stories about NYC in the late 19th century
when journalism integrity did not exist.
April 25th, 2020 at 3:30:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

Just like today.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2020 at 5:07:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff

They aren't 'stories', NYC was
actually that bad. The cops were
the Mafia of the day. Ever hear
of Tammany Hall?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2020 at 7:41:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: ams288
No surprise there. Who could forget MLK’s famous speech where he called for the genocide of those he disagreed with?

I made it a rule not to acknowledge people who advocate genocide.

But, calling her MLK is silly, for one she already back downed at the slightest resistance and is now parading around on an apology tour through the City. She is brave online, but backs down when actually confronted with force. If she really was the White Knight of freedom that AZ and others claim, she would have allowed herself to be taken by force, and certainly would not be giving an apology tour.... She is a coward who when faced with criminal charges, police stationed near her house, and protests at her house decided she cannot take the heat she was putting on Officers.

The good news is (besides being right as usual in these issues) it will send a message to others that try to defy saftey regulations when they see their hero giving the speeches that she has been giving....

Secondly, MLK marched to spread equality. She was spreading disease in an area that already has a huge problem with COVID-19 deaths. All citizens are banned from the playground, not just one race, I can't beleive this even has to be explained....

I am also willing to predict she will plead guilty to the charges. People will mock me for saying that (just like they said she never trespassed), but the trial will pass and they will move onto some other hero in Bundy's movement so what is the point.....