In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 19th, 2021 at 4:00:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
I think it is shameful that half the population of the US spent 4 years attacking him on such a personal level. Not attacking his policies, but personal attacks, this is not the way a respectful and functional democracy should operate.

Well, it worked, didn’t it? We helped make him a one-term loser. A sad footnote in history.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 19th, 2021 at 4:24:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
I think it is shameful that half the population of the US spent 4 years attacking him on such a personal level. Not attacking his policies, but personal attacks, this is not the way a respectful and functional democracy should operate.

I am very respectful, and go out of my way to refer to him as President Trump (I believe in proper titles).

But, there is ample ammo for personal attacks. I despised him long before he had any political aspirations (back when he would probably still call himself a Democrat). He is just a sleezy person. I never understood why so many people were so obsessed with him as a "businessman". Nothing he did was impressive.... And, there is endless scandals that should disqualify anyone from taking him seriously. Given how much money he started life with, and how much money he lost, he is literally one of the most unimpressive people ever (if all you care about is money).... And, that is setting aside the endless personal scandals (and no they are not proportionate with most "billionaires" as some here insist, of which he probably is actually not based on leaked tax returns.... ). I mean there is almost nothing in his personal life that you can't attack (he is almost a textbook sleezeball, cheating on record multiple times, hiring prostitutes on record multiple times, having an unfathomable amount of sexual assault allegations, lying constantly, and never admitting so even when pointed out a basic fact....) I don't think a computer code could come up with a worse person on a personal level.

I guarantee if he ran as a Democrat on platforms that he used to hold, the same people on here praising him would be lambasting him (rightfully) for how bad of a "businessman" he was.... Its only because he managed to position himself to become the Republican Party that people feel the need to defend him (which at this point is even more silly, but its a free country).
(Imagine if President Obama had a history of cheating, divorce, children by former wives, and prostitutes , do you think we would ever hear the end of it? Heck, almost everyone here on the right is still obsessed about President Obama's birth certificate..... -something also compounded by President Trump which he still will not acknowledge- it would be sad if it was not the actual reality).

I find it more shameful that anyone defends Trump's personal life....
January 19th, 2021 at 6:48:58 PM permalink
ams288

Bye bitch!
January 20th, 2021 at 3:13:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

(Imagine if President Obama had a history of cheating, divorce, children by former wives, and prostitutes , do you think we would ever hear the end of it?

Something is wrong with having children by your wife?

Obama bragged about shoving cocaine up his nose. Obama was totally unaccomplished when he ran for POTUS.

Fact is if Trump were a Democrat you would love him.

Want proof? NO WARS UNDER TRUMP! Yet the anti-war left praises the Obamabomber and hates Trump.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2021 at 5:13:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Want proof? NO WARS UNDER TRUMP! Yet the anti-war left praises the Obamabomber and hates Trump.

The military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned us against sixty years ago, is back in control.

"We must not fail to comprehend its grave implications we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence…The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

That record veto proof $740 billion defense bill Congress recently passed with bi-partisan support, blocked Trump from withdrawing 4,500 troops from Afghanistan, and 12,500 troops from Germany.

Biggest defense budget ever and they lost the Capitol building in less than a minute.

Must be reassuring to Germany. And the Taliban.
January 20th, 2021 at 6:00:30 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Something is wrong with having children by your wife?

Obama bragged about shoving cocaine up his nose. Obama was totally unaccomplished when he ran for POTUS.

Fact is if Trump were a Democrat you would love him.

This is how far you have fallen. You are upset about pure honesty about past mistakes. He also has admitted to eating dog while oversees, I am sure you are outraged about that as well....

The difference is President Trump would never admit such mistakes....

Also, President Trump used to be a Democrat, and I hated him since a kid.... He is just a sleeveball....

I don't vote for people purely because of party, for example in 2016 Clinton did not get my vote in the election, because I don't like her. This is a decision in hindsight that I deeply regret, because as horrible as she is, she would have been 1000x better than President Trump.

Also, withdrawing from positions oversees is a bad thing. President Obama was a genius for expanding the drone programs and oversees presence. President Obama was quite possibly the best President we have had both as a person and on policy (and historical rankings seem to indicate this). Historical ranking will not be kind to President Trump, we will know more when he is truly out of office, but I am beyond confident he will average far lower than Obama (probably bottom quarter..... I would actually day bottom 3....)
January 20th, 2021 at 8:08:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am happy Trump is out of the office. Although I am generally apolitical, I did agree with a lot of Trumps politics but I am happy to not be represented by a social moron any longer.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 20th, 2021 at 8:24:30 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: DRich
I am happy Trump is out of the office. Although I am generally apolitical, I did agree with a lot of Trumps politics but I am happy to not be represented by a social moron any longer.

That’s why he lost (and why the down-ballot GOP candidates performed so much better than him). Many people agreed with his politics, just couldn’t handle the constant idiocy any longer so they split their tickets.
January 20th, 2021 at 8:24:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

Finally an adult in the White House that will not manage the country via twitter
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 20th, 2021 at 8:36:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
HUGE CROWDS FOR BIDEN!

The President is a fink.