In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 9th, 2021 at 6:58:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I have flown many small planes and have only been in a helicopter once. I do not like helicopters. About 10 years ago I was offered the opportunity to get my helicopter license for free and not have to pay for the fuel. I turned down the opportunity and would be happy to never be in a helicopter again.

It's kind of a flying rock. Even if you can survive the crash, you still have the whirling blade and possibly fire. But some people seem attracted towards being pilots.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2021 at 7:27:13 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
It's kind of a flying rock. Even if you can survive the crash, you still have the whirling blade and possibly fire. But some people seem attracted towards being pilots.

I am definitely attracted to being a pilot, just not for helicopters. I fantasize about being on a commercial flight where the pilots become incapacitated and I step in and land the plane.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 9th, 2021 at 8:51:54 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe people just did not want to watch a white QB during black history month?

Yeah...maybe.
February 10th, 2021 at 2:05:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
“A wall is an immorality. It’s not who we are as a nation.” - Pelosi

This is Pelosi’s new, miles long, likely permanent, thirteen foot high fence, around all of Capitol Hill and the surrounding area, topped with razor wire, and protected by hundreds of National Guard troops, military vehicles and Police.

February 10th, 2021 at 2:45:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Talked to a guy once he wanted to do helicopters because he said he wanted to be able to land anywhere if there was an issue. Not sure if you should even try to be a pilot with that attitude but his money for training.

I used to hear commercials for helicopter school on the radio saying about all the demand for helicopter pilots. Really, pretty much any commercial pilot I have known did it via military not paying their own way.
The President is a fink.
February 10th, 2021 at 3:58:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
February 10th, 2021 at 10:07:55 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Bruce Springsteen arrested for DWI in New Jersey

I wonder if he was driving a Jeep? LOL
Let's go Brandon
February 10th, 2021 at 10:10:57 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tanko
“A wall is an immorality. It’s not who we are as a nation.” - Pelosi

This is Pelosi’s new, miles long, likely permanent, thirteen foot high fence, around all of Capitol Hill and the surrounding area, topped with razor wire, and protected by hundreds of National Guard troops, military vehicles and Police.

Yep, some fences are more equal than others. Fences for me and not for thee.
Let's go Brandon
February 10th, 2021 at 2:06:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Mark Cuban caves to woke movement, then caves to popular opinion.

Beijing Biden of course praised him according to the article.
The President is a fink.
February 11th, 2021 at 7:51:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Some parts of NYC subway system have worse air pollution than the worse days in Beijing. Apparently all subway systems in the US generate some unsafe level of air pollutants.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?