In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 9th, 2021 at 4:07:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I was rooting for Brady
Tampa fan

How about that Qanon shaman.
Demanding organic food while in the pokey and getting it. Talk about white privilege. Everybody knows prison food sucks. Can you imagine a Black defendant demanding organic food.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 9th, 2021 at 4:49:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I was rooting for Brady
Tampa fan

How about that Qanon shaman.
Demanding organic food while in the pokey and getting it. Talk about white privilege. Everybody knows prison food sucks. Can you imagine a Black defendant demanding organic food.

Complicated decision for prison officials. Apparently the guy was willing to starve himself to death. Prison officials do not want a suicide on their hands, even if by starvation. Their choice... acquiesce to his demands or let him die? If they let him die is it state assisted suicide?
February 9th, 2021 at 4:55:22 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
Complicated decision for prison officials. Apparently the guy was willing to starve himself to death. Prison officials do not want a suicide on their hands, even if by starvation. Their choice... acquiesce to his demands or let him die? If they let him die is it state assisted suicide?

Let him starve and let's see how far he gets
No way he ends up with a body like Ghandi or has the will like the great Ghandi.
Call his bluff
White privilege
Can you imagine a Black defendant demanding organic food by threatening to starve. The prison would call the bluff just as they should call the buff of the organic clown. What's next. Demand outdoor sunshine so the Shaman can work on his tan.
It's not complicated
You treat all prisoners the same
No white privilege.
I would hate prison food. That's why I never attacked the Capitol. I dont want to end up in the Pokey
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 9th, 2021 at 5:09:46 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Let him starve and let's see how far he gets
No way he ends up with a body like Ghandi or has the will like the great Ghandi.
Call his bluff
White privilege
Can you imagine a Black defendant demanding organic food by threatening to starve. The prison would call the bluff just as they should call the buff of the organic clown. What's next. Demand outdoor sunshine so the Shaman can work on his tan.
It's not complicated
You treat all prisoners the same
No white privilege.
I would hate prison food. That's why I never attacked the Capitol. I dont want to end up in the Pokey

Frankly, you and I don’t know how prison officials traditionally handle jerks like him. More so than ‘white privilege’, this is more likely ‘famous guy privilege’. It’s easy for you or me to say ‘call his bluff’. If he ends up dead, remember, not even convicted of a crime, it could be a career ending event for the decision maker. I wouldn’t lose sleep if the guy starved himself to death.
February 9th, 2021 at 5:21:56 AM permalink
terapined
Frankly, you and I don’t know how prison officials traditionally handle jerks like him. More so than ‘white privilege’, this is more likely ‘famous guy privilege’. It’s easy for you or me to say ‘call his bluff’. If he ends up dead, remember, not even convicted of a crime, it could be a career ending event for the decision maker. I wouldn’t lose sleep if the guy starved himself to death.

No way he starves himself to death
He's a chump throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child refusing to eat.
I play poker and he's got bluff written all over his hand.
Prison officials deal with this crap everyday in every single prison on the planet.
Every single prison on the planet serves crappy food. Just about every new prisoner to any prison on the planet will look at that crappy food and say I can't eat that. Happens a million times a day all over the planet in every prison on the planet. Eventually the prisoner eats the crappy food. Happens 100% of the time in every prison on the planet.
February 9th, 2021 at 5:58:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Doesn’t seem that complicated to me. Let him eat what every other prisoner is eating. Otherwise, he can starve. Bye Felicia.

It was never that complicated when that AZ sheriff that Donny pardoned was starving his prisoners...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 9th, 2021 at 6:08:38 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Doesn’t seem that complicated to me. Let him eat what every other prisoner is eating. Otherwise, he can starve. Bye Felicia.

It was never that complicated when that AZ sheriff than Donny pardoned was starving his prisoners...

I agree that the best result would be him starving to death. But just as they wouldn’t let him hang himself, it IS complicated when he is committing suicide and they can prevent it by throwing him a free range chicken. I have some memories of us force feeding some terrorists who were on a hunger strike.
February 9th, 2021 at 6:11:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I agree that the best result would be him starving to death. But just as they wouldn’t let him hang himself, it IS complicated when he is committing suicide and they can prevent it by throwing him a free range chicken. I have some memories of us force feeding some terrorists who were on a hunger strike.

The thing to check is do black muslim inmates get a special diet? They probably do, so the precedent is set in that way. I am sure there are muslim compliant meals at least in the federal system.
The President is a fink.
February 9th, 2021 at 6:14:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
The thing to check is do black muslim inmates get a special diet? They probably do, so the precedent is set in that way. I am sure there are muslim compliant meals at least in the federal system.

Why specify black Muslims? lol

Why not just Muslims?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 9th, 2021 at 7:10:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I woild probably like prison food. I imagine Salisbury steak everyday.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.