In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 12th, 2015 at 9:08:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
is this an application/variation of the 'hexagon makes for closest packed structure" ? I think so.

Might be. Fox has the story if you want the details. That sounds familiar
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2015 at 10:55:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
This was not worth another airline thread in and of itself, but has anyone seen the latest crazy seating concept?

You wouldn't even be safely out of the line of fire from someone's bad breath.

I'm assuming they didn't come up with that one from taking polls of passengers.

edit to "wouldn't"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 12th, 2015 at 12:34:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

I'd rather they just give me a knockout shot and let me ride in baggage.

My son works for AA and he's already saying
it would be a great job if it weren't for the
passengers. He flew cargo planes in the AF.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 12th, 2015 at 5:07:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
He flew cargo planes in the AF.
Now he flies self-loading freight.

I can just see that ads on tv... everyone seated there looking comfortable. Men with nice young attractive women around them women with handsome men who keep their hands and legs to themselves. No one who is over weight, no one with screaming kids. No one with personal hygiene problems. No retards talking about Oprah or People magazine.
July 12th, 2015 at 5:43:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Guess I will have to take the train.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 12th, 2015 at 6:43:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Is that India or egypt during Hagh or what?
July 12th, 2015 at 6:54:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
Is that India or egypt during Hagh or what?

On their way to a big sale at Wal-Mart in Phoenix.

(border security joke)
July 14th, 2015 at 2:18:08 PM permalink
rxwine
I was just thinking today, had they sent a look-a-like up through the tunnel to imitate "El Chapo" dude, his escape might have gone unnoticed for days, or longer.

The guy could move around, pretend he was under the weather, staying in his bunk mostly. These guys are isolated pretty much anyway.

Also, I was wondering if they had hostages down there digging that tunnel 24/7. It would be awful, but it doesn't seem that unlikely. And they would likely be killed when it was finished.
July 14th, 2015 at 10:47:00 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
A Republican U.S. Congressman from Florida is suggesting (out loud) that perhaps Donald Trump is intentionally acting ridiculous because Trump is secretly trying to help the Democrats win in 2016.

"I think there's a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate," Curbelo said. "Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons' foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton's Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious."

I'm not buying this particular conspiracy theory. But Curbelo has a point: it's hard to dismiss Trump's donations to Hillary Clinton's campaigns in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2007. Hilary was indeed seated in the front row at Donald's 3rd wedding. Trump gave $100,000 to Bill Clinton's charity. And his $25,000 donation to the Dems in 2006 was especially helpful to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that year.

Incidentally, Fox News gave Trump more airtime in June than any other GOP candidate. Which would make Fox either a victim of the fraud or an accomplice.
July 14th, 2015 at 11:15:42 PM permalink
rxwine
All those dates are prior to Obama, which means to me there is something about the Clinton brand he liked. I don't know if that means loyalty to any Democratic argument -- but he may have an inside with the Clintons.

I can actually see Obama never really warming up to Trump, and Trump not feeling he was as close to power with Obama.

Trump seems to take a lot personally, and is just as easily vindictive if he feels slighted.

But I can't say, I fully understand him either.