In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 21st, 2021 at 6:18:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Those people coming here in search of better lives are one reason my property values and rents both increased 36% between 2013 and 2016. If you think the costs of real estate and rents are high now, just wait.

Most of those two million new homes Biden wants to build with taxpayer money, are going to be purchased by the same big money interests that donated $3 billion to influence Washington in the last election.

“One acquisition manager told me that one of the many hedge funds he is working with is buying 500,000 residential homes,”

They are stealing the American Dream and turning the U.S. into a nation of renters, and Washington is helping them do it.

Washington is also allowing visa workers to take two-thirds of the new tech jobs each year.

Rents are so high, young couples will never be able to save for a home and build equity for retirement.

On top of that, the U.S. dollar it at a record low with regard to purchasing power. Every dollar they create out of thin air, to pay for things they can't afford, decreases the value of every pre-existing dollar.

More and more wealth is being concentrated in the hands of a few.

Blackrock (BLK), the world’s largest money management firm, with $ 9 trillion under management, and two former execs in Biden’s cabinet, reported a 49% increase in first quarter profits, thanks to low interest rates and stimulus spending.

Their real estate fund BIREX has a good YTD return.

Too funny. Biden has been President like 5 min and Trumpers are declaring the end of the USA due to immigration
Get real.
Yawn
Stock market is doing great
Almost all my investments up and up substantially
Life is good
The economy is strong
I've been making more then I am spending
Doesn't get better then that
Heading to southern Utah
I'm definitely renting an ATV
Expensive but you only live once. The strong US economy is paying for it :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2021 at 8:29:58 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman
You didn't have to hear about Trump everyday when he was president. Blame the MSM and their agenda not him.

I didn't say that I blame him for having to hear about him every day. Whomever is to blame doesn't change the fact.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 21st, 2021 at 8:32:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Low bar? It took the entire media and a china virus to take him down. No POTUS of our time had to fight such a biased media. I just heard it, his first 100 days alone was 89% negative coverage! Biden is at like 60% positive.

No matter what he said he was going to be a target to take down. At least he fought back.

The virus should have helped him. 9/11 helped W..
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 21st, 2021 at 8:33:30 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Alpha male worked for him to the bitter end, he never lost his supporters like Bush43 did. I really do not get the hate for alpha males. Better than girly-man Obama was.

He also didn't win reelection like Bush43 did. Also, Obama would easily kick Trump's ass.
April 21st, 2021 at 9:01:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
The virus should have helped him. 9/11 helped W..

Not really a valid comparison.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 9:07:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Not really a valid comparison.

How not? Bush used 9/11 to unite the country...I guess not so much in a common goal as the majority of Americans did not actually fight in the War on Terror...but to unite the country, in any event.

Trump could have done the same thing by taking the virus seriously from the get go. We've been over this. He was gambling on it not being that serious, then he continued to shove more chips in the pot with a losing hand.

He didn't lose because the Democrats didn't vote for him...he lost because he couldn't gain as much support as those who rallied against him and because the Independents didn't vote for him.
April 21st, 2021 at 9:52:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
How not? Bush used 9/11 to unite the country...I guess not so much in a common goal as the majority of Americans did not actually fight in the War on Terror...but to unite the country, in any event.

Trump could have done the same thing by taking the virus seriously from the get go. We've been over this. He was gambling on it not being that serious, then he continued to shove more chips in the pot with a losing hand.

He didn't lose because the Democrats didn't vote for him...he lost because he couldn't gain as much support as those who rallied against him and because the Independents didn't vote for him.

Trump DID take it seriously. Stopping travel, shutdown to "flatten the curve" for what was supposed to be a few weeks now about 405 days and counting, and a crash vaccine program. He got manufacturing companies to build thousands of ventalators. Moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures.

Honestly there was not much more that could be done. And that is the thing. Too many people in the USA just thing that government will "do something." Most of the time what can be done is very limited. It does not help that we have a Democrat Party that wants to politicize any disaster of any type for political gain. Instead of getting behind Trump and helping they decided to go on a political attack.

It also shows just how pathetically weak too many Americans are. 500,000 deaths? A bit over 1/10 of 1%! And 90%+ of those were just complications of something people already had! Compare this to nations that have had actual pandemics like AIDS in Africa. They must be laughing at us.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 11:10:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Trump DID take it seriously. Stopping travel, shutdown to "flatten the curve" for what was supposed to be a few weeks now about 405 days and counting, and a crash vaccine program. He got manufacturing companies to build thousands of ventalators. Moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures.

Honestly there was not much more that could be done. And that is the thing. Too many people in the USA just thing that government will "do something." Most of the time what can be done is very limited. It does not help that we have a Democrat Party that wants to politicize any disaster of any type for political gain. Instead of getting behind Trump and helping they decided to go on a political attack.

It also shows just how pathetically weak too many Americans are. 500,000 deaths? A bit over 1/10 of 1%! And 90%+ of those were just complications of something people already had! Compare this to nations that have had actual pandemics like AIDS in Africa. They must be laughing at us.

I just meant in terms of what he said. The overall Governmental response (in terms of actions) was within reason. I'd have preferred guidelines to mandates, but that aside, they did what they could do. That mostly had to do with the states, anyway.
April 21st, 2021 at 12:12:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I just meant in terms of what he said. The overall Governmental response (in terms of actions) was within reason. I'd have preferred guidelines to mandates, but that aside, they did what they could do. That mostly had to do with the states, anyway.

Really often you can do nothing or next to nothing. But we so many people are so arrogant they think anything can be defeated by willpower. Even the sun changing the climate, well we can just do it. I find a correlation that the more someone is an atheist the more they think that we can just do something.

In the end it is what it is.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 12:21:14 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
I find a correlation that the more someone is an atheist the more they think that we can just do something.

I find a correlation that the more somebody is deeply religious the bigger idiot they are. "Hey, drink this kool aid!"

Doing "something" is a helluva lot better than thinking everything that happens is part of a plan so we should just do nothing. "It's God's plan"...tell that to the family of 4 killed by the drunk driver on Christmas Eve. Or the people inside the FedEx facility last week. Or the people in the grocery store in Colorado.

Or the 567k Americans that have died in the pandemic.