In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 20th, 2021 at 7:27:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/health/alcohol-brain-health-intl-scli-wellness/index.html

Drinking any amount of alcohol causes damage to the brain, study finds

Wow
Thank goodness I dont drink
Hmm
Conservatives tend to drink rather then smoke MJ
Telling

Depending on the state, Conservatives tend to do the thing that is legal as opposed to the thing that is not legal.

Telling?

Cheap shot. Way to bridge that political divide.

You should redirect unnecessary shots at a target that really deserves it, like the concept of religion, in general.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 20th, 2021 at 7:34:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Also, it occurs to me that there is nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing...that can be accomplished because of religion that cannot be done without.

Stupid, illogical and pointless...on its best day. At its worst, destructive.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 20th, 2021 at 7:52:02 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/health/alcohol-brain-health-intl-scli-wellness/index.html

Drinking any amount of alcohol causes damage to the brain, study finds

Wow
Thank goodness I dont drink
Hmm
Conservatives tend to drink rather then smoke MJ
Telling

Smoking anything harms the lungs, is that what you will die from, probably not. Many studies have also shown that people who drink moderately live longer. We have such a f......ed up world now everybody needs something to handle the stress.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 22nd, 2021 at 7:47:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Bald Eagles have quadrupled in numbers since they went off the endangered list.

Quote:
the spike in numbers has prompted joy among animal-lovers—and anxiety among others. Owners of small pets have outfitted little dogs and cats in spiked collars and armor-like vests to keep them from becoming bird food.

“Eagles are strong enough to carry a 12-pound salmon, so a four-pound dog is nothing,” says Mark Robokoff, owner of AK Bark pet shop in Anchorage. His shop sells CoyoteVest, a protective jacket covered in Kevlar and spikes, intended to protect small pets from coyotes. Mr. Robokoff immediately recognized its potential in a state with an estimated 30,000 bald eagles. The vest is topped with bright red nylon whiskers that he says scare off the birds from above.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2021 at 12:13:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
What is it with these anti gunner politico's? https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/05/20/mayor-illegal-guns-off-streets-police-found-one-her-home-n45478
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 22nd, 2021 at 12:30:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Yawn
so what. Really only proves that one person is a hypocrite. Nothing to do with the movement. No trend.
I'm anti gun
I can assure you I have never owned a gun in my life
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2021 at 1:26:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Yawn
so what. Really only proves that one person is a hypocrite. Nothing to do with the movement. No trend.
I'm anti gun
Aren't you supposed to be out riding your bike?
May 22nd, 2021 at 1:46:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Yawn
I'm anti gun
I have almost always had guns. And I was an asshole kid with a BB gun, so I'm a pretty good shot also.

But, things are changing here for me. I gave my last rifle away about a week ago [assault style] mostly because I wouldn't be shooting it anymore, but still, I don't have a rifle at all. First time in nearly 60 years. I do however have more than one pistol.

Last night, we watched the second comedy special we have seen by Jim Jeffries, an Australian. His humor can be raw, but in this second special we've now seen "Bare", he does his bit on gun control. His bit on gun control has been the strongest argument I've ever seen for getting guns away from people. I like education through humor. His bit made me think,,,,,differently. Maybe just because it's time, idk. Maybe because of all the stupid mass killings, still idk.

He does a good bit on it, in about the middle of the act. You have to get past some pretty raw sex jokes first, or speed through it if offended. He talks about how many mass killings there now aren't, since Oz took guns away.
May 22nd, 2021 at 2:36:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Aren't you supposed to be out riding your bike?

Too windy
Wind. Wind Wind. So much wind. Uggh. Its absurd. Wind all week. Today is the worst. Severe wind advisory 35 to 45mph with 65mph gusts. Driving to Flagstaff yesterday was risky. Tractor trailers having a hard time staying in their lane. Many pulled over. Of course others pushing through. Yikes. The wind is so bad, the USA flag came down at the campground today. Too windy to hike. I dont even want to get on the highway, pretty risky and it's no fun hiking in extreme wind. Who wants to eat dust while hiking. Would have hiked more at Petrified Forest but just too windy. Flagstaff was mid sixties high yesterday but I was cold due to all the wind. Did the Lowell Observatory tour. I was freezing but at least I got to see Mars and Mercury. Gotta be careful opening my truck door, afraid wind may take it off its hinges. Just doing laundry in the campground machines today as I sit in my rocking camper due to all this ridiculous wind.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2021 at 4:13:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Too windy
Wind. Wind Wind. So much wind. Uggh. Its absurd. Wind all week. Today is the worst. Severe wind advisory 35 to 45mph with 65mph gusts. Driving to Flagstaff yesterday was risky. Tractor trailers having a hard time staying in their lane. Many pulled over. Of course others pushing through. Yikes. The wind is so bad, the USA flag came down at the campground today. Too windy to hike. I dont even want to get on the highway, pretty risky and it's no fun hiking in extreme wind. Who wants to eat dust while hiking. Would have hiked more at Petrified Forest but just too windy. Flagstaff was mid sixties high yesterday but I was cold due to all the wind. Did the Lowell Observatory tour. I was freezing but at least I got to see Mars and Mercury. Gotta be careful opening my truck door, afraid wind may take it off its hinges. Just doing laundry in the campground machines today as I sit in my rocking camper due to all this ridiculous wind.
Blowing here the last week. But it also brought today and yesterday down in the 70's. It's super nice on the patio, but you have to hang onto the crosswords with two hands or they blow away. Starting tomorrow, the typical 90's plus will be back, ack ack ack. I hate the heat.

Back there at Petrified forest is where I got the picture I use for my avatar at wov. It's a beauty, and old indian with a sore back. It's precious. I've had other friends search for it at the "newspaper rock" site.

Just at the north side of Flagstaff are beautiful ruins at Wupatki monument. They are awesome, and close to where you are. And there is some ruins right in town, just off of the hwy a few hundred feet up in the trees. Shouldn't be blowing there much at all? Look at the Elden Pueblo archaeological site, those aren't nearly as nice as Wupatki, but the wind might not be howling?