In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 22nd, 2021 at 4:18:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's been extra windy in Florida for about the last week. Maybe Earth is going wobbly.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2021 at 4:43:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Blowing here the last week. But it also brought today and yesterday down in the 70's. It's super nice on the patio, but you have to hang onto the crosswords with two hands or they blow away. Starting tomorrow, the typical 90's plus will be back, ack ack ack. I hate the heat.

Back there at Petrified forest is where I got the picture I use for my avatar at wov. It's a beauty, and old indian with a sore back. It's precious. I've had other friends search for it at the "newspaper rock" site.

Just at the north side of Flagstaff are beautiful ruins at Wupatki monument. They are awesome, and close to where you are. And there is some ruins right in town, just off of the hwy a few hundred feet up in the trees. Shouldn't be blowing there much at all? Look at the Elden Pueblo archaeological site, those aren't nearly as nice as Wupatki, but the wind might not be howling?

Here is a place you probably never checked out
Who knows, maybe you have :-)
A real hidden gem
Private property
Art Rock Ranch outside Winslow.
5K acres, 80 head of cattle
Little rain in years, have to buy hay.
He's found complete ancient pots
He let students do a dig, they found ancient walls and pots with viable seeds
Granddaughter gave me a tour, followed her pickup.
Property includes a canyon with steep walls but their part of the canyon has rare access to the bottom that is spring fed year around water
People been going down there the last 7 thousand years. Incredible.
Petroglyphs everywhere
The famous birthing petroglyph
You can see them up close
Pics coming in my thread
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2021 at 4:48:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Here is a place you probably never checked out
Who knows, maybe you have :-)
A real hidden gem
Private property
Art Rock Ranch outside Winslow.
5K acres, 80 head of cattle
Little rain in years, have to buy hay.
He's found complete ancient pots
He let students do a dig, they found ancient walls and pots with viable seeds
Granddaughter gave me a tour, followed her pickup.
Property includes a canyon with steep walls but their part of the canyon has rare access to the bottom that is spring fed year around water
People been going down there the last 7 thousand years. Incredible.
Petroglyphs everywhere
The famous birthing petroglyph
You can see them up close
Pics coming in my thread
Wow, no, I never had the pleasure. Amazing from the sound of it.

added: Had to look up "birthing rock" to me, it's heartbreaking the vandalism to these ancient artifacts. https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2021/04/28/prehistoric-petroglyph/

They stand there for a thousand years and no one has to deface them, but now....cretins indeed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 24th, 2021 at 4:43:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Comes close to deserving a new thread, but Governor Wittmer caught violating the social distancing rules that SHE won’t rescind! She of course apologized, but then explained that since all the people were vaccinated she hadn’t thought that the rules applied to her, even though they did! So do you think she is
A. Stupid.
or
B. Like every other political hack who believes the rules don’t apply to them?

I’m going B.
May 24th, 2021 at 5:19:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Comes close to deserving a new thread, but Governor Wittmer caught violating the social distancing rules that SHE won’t rescind! She of course apologized, but then explained that since all the people were vaccinated she hadn’t thought that the rules applied to her, even though they did! So do you think she is
A. Stupid.
or

I’m going B.

I will never understand why you righties are so obsessed with her.

And she’s going to win re-election here next year. So you’re just wasting your breath.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2021 at 6:54:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I will never understand why you righties are so obsessed with her.

And she’s going to win re-election here next year. So you’re just wasting your breath.

I would expect her to win re-election 60-40 or so. She is a powerful national figure now. On the Dems list for 2024 if Biden decides against re-upping. I can assure you, I am not obsessed with her at all. Probably hadn't thought about her in weeks, if not months. Just the news article caught my attention. Maybe I'm missing someone, but wouldn't you say the three most prominent Democrat Governors are Newsom, Cuomo, and Wittmer? No surprise at that fine, upstanding trio!
May 25th, 2021 at 7:12:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I would expect her to win re-election 60-40 or so. She is a powerful national figure now. On the Dems list for 2024 if Biden decides against re-upping. I can assure you, I am not obsessed with her at all. Probably hadn't thought about her in weeks, if not months. Just the news article caught my attention. Maybe I'm missing someone, but wouldn't you say the three most prominent Democrat Governors are Newsom, Cuomo, and Wittmer? No surprise at that fine, upstanding trio!

Who would you say the most prominent GOP governors are? Abbott in TX? The ever-expanding Ron DeSantis* of FL?

*I could make tons of posts about all the corrupt/unconstitutional things DeSantis does. But, just like Whitmer, he’s gonna win reelection next year. It’d be a waste of my energy to focus on him (besides an occasional joke about his constant weight gain ever since 2018).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2021 at 11:26:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Who would you say the most prominent GOP governors are? Abbott in TX? The ever-expanding Ron DeSantis* of FL?

*I could make tons of posts about all the corrupt/unconstitutional things DeSantis does. But, just like Whitmer, he’s gonna win reelection next year. It’d be a waste of my energy to focus on him (besides an occasional joke about his constant weight gain ever since 2018).

What a clown
He just signed an Unconstitutional bill
If I decide to run for local office in FL
The Wizard cannot nuke or suspend me
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2021 at 12:19:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
A. Stupid.
or

I’m going B.

Just the latest example of liberals having rules for you that do not apply to themselves. Same as they say you do not "need a gun" while they are protected by armed security.
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2021 at 1:35:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined

What a clown
He just signed an Unconstitutional bill
If I decide to run for local office in FL
The Wizard cannot nuke or suspend me
ROTFL

The way to handle it was to prove and declare Facebook a monopoly and split them. Not this.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?