In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 29th, 2021 at 11:31:49 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
You guys can't hate all you want on FL & TX, your drivel is meaningless.
The Census Results are the facts.
People are leaving CA, IL, MI, OH, NY, PA & WV (5 Blue States/1 Purple State/1 Red State)
And they are showing up in TX (big time), CO, FL, MT, NC & OR (4 Red States/2 Blue States)
If the reason was weather, people would continue to move to CA as they have done for years. But not anymore. ​
The reason is exactly politics/government and how that is played out via state tax legislation & living conditions.
The migration away from poorly run blue states to lower taxed, conservative governed red states is happening in real time.
The Woke Left is going to find out while they are very loud, they represent a small minority of Americans.
With the Orange Man no longer on the ticket & The House Plant & The Hoe's incompetence on full display
It's going to get very interesting in 2022 & 2024.
Breyer better step down like yesterday.
Once the Senate flips, Good Ole Joe is going to have a hard time getting a SCOTUS Nominee thru Cocaine Mitch's Senate.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
June 29th, 2021 at 12:06:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Sorry to toss rocks at your greenhouse, JCW09, but Oregon and Washington, two of the most liberal states in the union, both are experiencing population growth.

How does this fit into your theory / claim of republican states being the most attractive?

Oh, so far as Texas: lots of new arrivals are brown, same as California, and that is what's fueling white flight from California.

When Tx is mostly brown too, will the whites stick around?

Survey says ...
June 29th, 2021 at 12:10:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
You guys can't hate all you want on FL & TX, your drivel is meaningless.

Why can’t we? Both seem to be run by incompetent fools. TX can’t keep the lights on. FL can’t keep its buildings from collapsing in the middle of the night.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2021 at 12:40:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Why can’t we? Both seem to be run by incompetent fools. TX can’t keep the lights on. FL can’t keep its buildings from collapsing in the middle of the night.

What about New York? They couldn't even keep those twin towers standing.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2021 at 12:44:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Blame the Saudis for that one.
June 29th, 2021 at 12:46:39 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: missedhervee
Blame the Saudis for that one.

No, I blame the New Yorkers for not maintaining it in the vertical orientation.
June 29th, 2021 at 1:05:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee

The temperature is increasing now at a much faster rate than it has over the past thousand or so years, and the level of change is both unprecedented and scary, given the short and long term implications.

But hey, hide your head in the sand ... at least til the rising sea level / water table chokes the breath out of you.

Nonsense! We do not have records back past the mid-1800s and that is just for developed nations that kept good records. You would not even be thinking about the "rate of change" if not for listening to the climate hustlers. Historically warmer is better, why should we even be worried about better weather?

Turn off the flipping news channels and live a normal life for crying out loud! The world has been going to end in 20 years for 30 years now. Florida and NYC were supposed to be under water by now. Why do you listen to the climate pimps who have been wrong over and over and over?
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2021 at 1:08:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
What about New York? They couldn't even keep those twin towers standing.

I wouldn’t want to live in NYC, FL, or TX.

I don’t care what their census numbers look like. Who decides where to live based on the latest census count?! 😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2021 at 1:09:29 PM permalink
DRich
If anyone can show me data over the last 4 billions years that this is more than just variance I would appreciate it.

Just show me in 100 year increments what the weather has been the last 4 billion years.
June 29th, 2021 at 1:14:16 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: ams288
I wouldn’t want to live in NYC, FL, or TX.

I don’t care what their census numbers look like. Who decides where to live based on the latest census count?! 😂

I definitely use populations size as one of the factors when deciding where to live. I would prefer an area of less than a million people with a major airport within 50 miles.