In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 18th, 2021 at 3:56:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: gamerfreak
I can’t figure out why this is getting so much coverage, particularly on Fox News.

Surely several woman a year are murdered by their fiancé, no?

I see people posting about it on Facebook a ton. I haven’t paid any attention.

I figure I’ll wait for the inevitable Netflix documentary in a few years.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 19th, 2021 at 1:11:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Oh my God, he's a babbling moron. Congratulations Beijing Joe voters

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2021 at 9:22:12 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Typical Trump supporters seen at the "Justice for J6" rally this weekend in D.C. LOL LOL

The rally attendees were outnumbered by both law enforcement personnel and journalists.

The looney left media is upset that the few attendees were peaceful and did not cause trouble.

The only "arrest"

It Was a Setup: More Press, Police and “Undercover” Agents in Ray-Bans than Protesters at J-6 Rally in Washington DC

Let's go Brandon
September 19th, 2021 at 11:12:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: gamerfreak
I can’t figure out why this is getting so much coverage, particularly on Fox News.

Surely several woman a year are murdered by their fiancé, no?

Its not just Fox
The story went viral
It happens. Laci Peterson comes to mind.
They found her body
What are the odds the fiance who has now gone missing, commits suicide, he's obviously suspect number 1
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 20th, 2021 at 2:22:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: fleaswatter

The looney left media is upset that the few attendees were peaceful and did not cause trouble.

Like when the media was all worried about Tea Party rallies. Not only were they peaceful, they almost always left the places as clean as when they found it.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2021 at 5:14:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Good lord. How much time a day do you righties spend obsessing about the media?

And I saw no coverage of this pitiful excuse for a rally, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that no one in the media was “upset” that it was peaceful.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 20th, 2021 at 9:56:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Good lord. How much time a day do you righties spend obsessing about the media?

And I saw no coverage of this pitiful excuse for a rally, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that no one in the media was “upset” that it was peaceful.

There was a rally?
I didn't even hear about it
I'm still seeing help wanted signs everywhere
I thought conservatives ended that problem by stopping unemployment benefits
Weird
1k bonus
Businesses getting desperate
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 20th, 2021 at 10:09:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Typical Trump supporters seen at the "Justice for J6" rally this weekend in D.C. LOL LOL

That was great. Trump was saying this was a FBI set up long before it happened. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 20th, 2021 at 10:57:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
There was a rally?
I didn't even hear about it
I'm still seeing help wanted signs everywhere
I thought conservatives ended that problem by stopping unemployment benefits
Weird
1k bonus
Businesses getting desperate

It was only the ‘bonus’ federal unemployment benefits that have ended. And some states are giving more to make up for that (hearsay, I’ll accept a fact check).
September 20th, 2021 at 11:50:06 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
It was only the ‘bonus’ federal unemployment benefits that have ended. And some states are giving more to make up for that (hearsay, I’ll accept a fact check).

Honest question:

Is there any correlation with labor shortages and the rate of UI benefits of States? As you mention States have a widely varied maximum (even Pre-COVID ranging from 300-600), and some States now have state level bonuses.

If the base rate and the binary of being a weekly UI bonus or not (regardless of amount just if there is one or not), has no effect on the labor shortage in comparison to other states, that would debunk the people who say UI is what is causing labor shortage.

My guess is people are less willing to risk their life putting up with low wages and poor conditions. I would bet work from home jobs have zero issue hiring people. Notice how it's all retail, food, service, local government (police, fire, city workers, etc...), shipping industries that are having the largest issue?

Places that allow work from home seem to be having no major issues.... That is just my thought, if somebody could disprove this it would be interesting.