In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 24th, 2021 at 12:41:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I have been hearing lefties call for slavery reparations for 35 years now. It ebbs and flows but do not think they do not support it.

Of course I they support it, they're the ones that came up with the idea. Get rid of that white privilege guilt by making us pay for something that ended over a hundred and fifty years ago. It would be a mess, it wouldn't work, it will be of fraud, and most black people here now aren't descended from American slavery anyway. Many many of them are descendants of people who came here from the islands where they were slaves of the British and the Dutch originally.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 24th, 2021 at 12:50:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Uh oh.

New Mexico criminal attorney Erlinda Johnson, a former state and federal prosecutor said Alec Baldwin could face possible criminal liability for involuntary manslaughter.

“All the state needs to demonstrate is that he was engaged in a lawful, but dangerous act and did not act with due caution,” she said. “That’s what the state has to prove for involuntary manslaughter, which is a fourth-degree felony with a maximum penalty of up to 18 months in prison.”

Baldwin did not follow a single rule for how to handle
a loaded or unloaded handgun. You never ever point
it at anybody you don't intend to shoot at. It was a
reckless act that he needs to pay for. Couldn't happen
to a nicer guy. He's one of those big mouth Lefty jerks
who will scream in your face if you're doing something
he doesn't like. The stuff he was caught saying to his
twelve-year-old daughter about 10 years ago was
obscene. He should have been punished for child abuse.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 24th, 2021 at 1:03:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
No, its about writing history honestly and not celebrating people who tried to split the nation.

There is zero reason to celebrate the confederacy.

The only appropriate places for confederate monuments is museums and confederate cemeteries. We can't have them in public parks, streets, etc...

I have a slightly different take.

I think a community has just as much right to take a monument down as the community that put it up. Even something that’s considered to be extremely valuable or important. IN FACT, valuable historical pieces have been moved in the past to PRESERVE them not destroy them.

History didn’t change because of it, and doesn’t here either. History changes when people start telling it different. Or destroying it completely from existence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2021 at 1:08:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Uh oh.

New Mexico criminal attorney Erlinda Johnson, a former state and federal prosecutor said Alec Baldwin could face possible criminal liability for involuntary manslaughter.

“All the state needs to demonstrate is that he was engaged in a lawful, but dangerous act and did not act with due caution,” she said. “That’s what the state has to prove for involuntary manslaughter, which is a fourth-degree felony with a maximum penalty of up to 18 months in prison.”

Does anyone actually believe Alec Baldwin will spend one day behind bars because of this accident?

Or is this just rightie fantasizing because he was mean to Donny on TV for four years?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2021 at 1:29:21 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Does anyone actually believe Alec Baldwin will spend one day behind bars because of this accident?

Or is this just rightie fantasizing because he was mean to Donny on TV for four years?

Not a chance he will go to jail. Lefties can do anything they want with impunity. Only Righties can do wrong right now.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 24th, 2021 at 2:10:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
I ignore the far left like I ignore Alex Jones
If you want to listen to the far left and Alex Jones, go for it.
I'm all in on free speech
but
Doesn't mean I am going to listen to clowns

The idea of reparations has gotten national news coverage. Just saying.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 24th, 2021 at 2:11:45 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I have been hearing lefties call for slavery reparations for 35 years now. It ebbs and flows but do not think they do not support it.

I think more than zero of them support it. I also think more will claim to support it than actually do.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 24th, 2021 at 2:47:21 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Not a chance he will go to jail. Lefties can do anything they want impunity. Only Righties can do wrong right now.

As it should be.

Not really. Just responding to a dumb post with a dumb comment.
October 24th, 2021 at 2:48:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: kenarman
Not a chance he will go to jail. .

It would be enough just to see the arrogant jackass on trial. You know he's not going to feel like any of this was his fault. People like him never take blame for anything. From every Hollywood movie expert I've listened to the person in charge of armaments is responsible for the gun being loaded with blanks. But it is 100% the responsibilities of the actors handling the gun to never point it at anyone because a blank can cause serious damage. As in the case of Bruce Lee's son. Before a gun is fired on a set they always have a safety meeting where the gun is loaded in front of everybody was blanks. None of this happened and ironically just a few hours before a bunch of the crew had walked off the set because of poor safety regulations. This is all going to play heavily against Baldwin.

Benny Benny altercations with the police even got arrested in 2013 for telling the police to f off when they stopped him for going the wrong way down a one-way street. He screamed anti-gay slurs at somebody in the street it was caught on tape. He spent the next two months apologizing for that. Not surprising that he's anti-gay, and pretends not to be. Here is the jerk and in action:

October 24th, 2021 at 3:20:08 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
It would be enough just to see the arrogant jackass on trial.

Alec Baldwin will not be put on trial for this.