In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 22nd, 2022 at 5:51:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Thank you. I am not saying the Democrat Party has to agree with Sinema, but to censure her allows all of AZ’s posts the last few pages to be proven true. Act like adults and present your opinions to the Democrat voters in Arizona, and try and convince them that they should nominate a different candidate.

As to the many chastising AZ about the similar tactics used by the Republican Party against any anti-Trumpet, the analogy is valid. But removing someone from power because you don’t like their positions is kind of like what you are supposed to do! If the Democrats remove Sinema or Manchin from
a committee, that is within their rights. They are just too chicken to do so. If by some chance the Dems now had a 53-47 edge, they’d have kicked both of them to the curb.

You seem to think rules that exist shouldn't be used if it hasn't gone to the people first. Well, until it's designed that way, it's not the way it is.
I don't necessarily like it either, but that's what's been wrought.

You also said the same thing about Democrats with a barely there majority not supposed to pass a big bill like BBB. That's also allowed. Until that's changed it's perfectly valid.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2022 at 9:27:46 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
You seem to think rules that exist shouldn't be used if it hasn't gone to the people first. Well, until it's designed that way, it's not the way it is.
I don't necessarily like it either, but that's what's been wrought.

You also said the same thing about Democrats with a barely there majority not supposed to pass a big bill like BBB. That's also allowed. Until that's changed it's perfectly valid.

If they could pass that bill under the rules that exist they would have passed that bill a long time ago. I just think they are idiots to pass the big bill in the House until they knew it would pass in the Senate. They should have passed NO bill until they knew what would pass in the Senate. To not have any potential outliers (Manchin and Sinema) on board BEFORE it is passed in the House is the height of stupidity. Of course the Arizona Democrat Party could censure Sinema because they did censure her. If they think 1. She will now do what the Arizona Democrat wants her to do, or 2. The Arizona population is now more likely to vote for a primary challenger because Sinema was censured by party bosses, then they are even more stupid than I imagined.
January 23rd, 2022 at 5:09:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

As to the many chastising AZ about the similar tactics used by the Republican Party against any anti-Trumpet, the analogy is valid. But removing someone from power because you don’t like their positions is kind of like what you are supposed to do! If the Democrats remove Sinema or Manchin from
a committee, that is within their rights. They are just too chicken to do so. If by some chance the Dems now had a 53-47 edge, they’d have kicked both of them to the curb.

Not only that, but the Tea Party was the PEOPLE, not the PARTY itself. Thus I do not even find it valid to be honest. I just find some liberals here upset that I am pointing out how the Democrat Party treats its own elected members. Obey or else should be their motto.
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2022 at 5:27:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Not only that, but the Tea Party was the PEOPLE, not the PARTY itself. Thus I do not even find it valid to be honest. I just find some liberals here upset that I am pointing out how the Democrat Party treats its own elected members. Obey or else should be their motto.

Just like your party.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:37:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Democrats demand their members march in rank and file like the Prussian army. Get out of order and you will be dealt with. Same as if a Democrat refuses to say they love abortion.

Is it a surprise to you that they did this? Not the timing or exact measure, but to make her basically persona non grata in the party?

Says a Trump supporter!!!???!!!!????

You can't even be serious right now.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:40:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
If they could pass that bill under the rules that exist they would have passed that bill a long time ago. I just think they are idiots to pass the big bill in the House until they knew it would pass in the Senate. They should have passed NO bill until they knew what would pass in the Senate. To not have any potential outliers (Manchin and Sinema) on board BEFORE it is passed in the House is the height of stupidity. Of course the Arizona Democrat Party could censure Sinema because they did censure her. If they think 1. She will now do what the Arizona Democrat wants her to do, or 2. The Arizona population is now more likely to vote for a primary challenger because Sinema was censured by party bosses, then they are even more stupid than I imagined.

I think they passed the bill in the House first to put extra pressure on Manchin, who they knew would be a problem for them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 23rd, 2022 at 6:41:46 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The Arizona Democrat Party has censured Sinema! Her censurable offense? Voting to maintain the Senate filibuster! You can’t make this up! How long will it take the idiot Dems to realize that bullying Sinema (and Manchin) won’t work, and is a bad look for the Democrat party as a whole? Censured for voting like the MAJORITY of US Senators did!

I don’t care that they did that. It just shows that the whole party has turned more progressive and reckless in nature.

70%-80% of people want voter ID. These bills are not in touch with where the citizens stand on issues.

It certainly was not worth blowing up the Senate over.

Perhaps they should work on making sure all States run by Democrats allow the same opportunity to vote that many Republican ones provide before trying to take over elections at the Federal level.

That would not be the big win they are looking for and they would have to work in those states on it, but it is actually something a lot of people would support.
January 23rd, 2022 at 8:03:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
Says a Trump supporter!!!???!!!!????

You can't even be serious right now.

What does being a Trump supporter have to do with anything? How are Trump supporters different from Obama supporters?
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2022 at 8:04:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
I think they passed the bill in the House first to put extra pressure on Manchin, who they knew would be a problem for them.

It is common for this kind of thing to pass the House first. The House has different procedural rules and tends to be more partisan no matter which party is in charge.
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2022 at 10:48:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
What does being a Trump supporter have to do with anything? How are Trump supporters different from Obama supporters?

They're not; that's my point.

More to the point, the Democratic Party is no different than the Trump Establishment/Republican Party.