In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 26th, 2022 at 12:28:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Quote: fleaswatter
Justice Breyer is retiring.

I guess he “sees the writing on the wall”.

Apparently the Biden administration released the news before the Justice wanted it done and Breyer is not happy about it.

They don't have respect for anyone; it is usually left to the Justice to release the notification.

Biden only cares about himself, what Breyer wants does not matter to him.
The President is a fink.
January 26th, 2022 at 12:43:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Biden only cares about himself, what Breyer wants does not matter to him.

Should a sitting POTUS care about the wants of SCOTUS justices?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 26th, 2022 at 3:45:13 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Joe Rogan wins!

Spotify is removing Neil Young from the platform following his ultimatum.

Rogan with his 12 million monthly listeners, has a $100 million exclusive contract with the platform.

Young never stood a chance.
January 26th, 2022 at 4:29:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I randomly turned on the local news, and ABC had a story about our Gov. Ducey in Yuma, making statements about the surge of migrants. So I googled ABC, and there is no shortage of articles, or millions of illegal border crossers.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/significant-surge-crossings-us-mexico-border-76239171

I wonder where all these people are going to live here? There are often articles about our shortage of low cost housing for home grown Americans. These people are bound to take up the least expensive housing in every area, aren't they?

Why are we spending billions on Ukraine border, when we could be making America great again?

edit: And then coincidentally I clicked on RT news, and they were reporting about the admin making a deal to put all these immigrants to work to fight against inflation. The chamber of commerce is trying to increase the amount of cheaper labor coming in, to take these jobs that Americans don't want.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 26th, 2022 at 4:57:10 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: petroglyph
I wonder where all these people are going to live here?

To late now. Arizonans should have thought about that before they voted for Biden. He kept his promise. They got what they voted for. Now they're footing the bill.
January 26th, 2022 at 6:05:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
They'll do like all immigrants to this fair land have done before: work the jobs nobody else wants, save, then maybe set up their own business.

California used to belong to Mexico anyway, so why fight the inevitable?
January 26th, 2022 at 9:15:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Tanko
To late now. Arizonans should have thought about that before they voted for Biden. He kept his promise. They got what they voted for. Now they're footing the bill.
Did they vote for this guy? All one could see throughout the land were Trump flags and posters.

Anyone I knew was still pissed off about Pat Tillman.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 27th, 2022 at 6:50:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Joe Rogan wins!

Spotify is removing Neil Young from the platform following his ultimatum.

Rogan with his 12 million monthly listeners, has a $100 million exclusive contract with the platform.

Young never stood a chance.

Yup
Spotify is gonna let Joe Rogan kill more people with his vaccine BS
Joe should get an honary Herman Cain award
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 27th, 2022 at 7:37:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Did they vote for this guy? All one could see throughout the land were Trump flags and posters.

Anyone I knew was still pissed off about Pat Tillman.

Ah, but did you see said signs in the neighborhoods of illegal aliens and in cemeteries?
The President is a fink.
January 27th, 2022 at 8:27:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
For those of you who do not notice some small trends notice this. We are starting to hear about how Biden has a history of losing his temper at the news media and belittling them.

Now, for those of you who did not like Trump defending himself how do you feel that Biden acts like this? Wasn't he supposed to "act mature" or something?

I have seen 3 or so stories on this today, never saw said stories before. Something is up. Limbaugh used to point this stuff out.

As far as Biden making a mistake because of his temper…. I’d say he is above average as far as his self restraint. There are many better than him, and even more worse. He manned up and apologized which to me mitigates the negative aspect of the ‘moron’ comment. The ability to admit an error is an important personality trait. Only one of the last two Presidents have that trait.

None of the above is to imply that Biden’s first year wasn’t an abject failure.