In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 22nd, 2022 at 8:12:00 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I've known one cop in my life
Grew up with him. 4 houses away from me.
Dumbest kid in the neighborhood
Got picked on a bit
Became a Howard County police officer in MD
Committed 1st degree murder
I still discuss this case with old neighborhood friends. Some are afraid to discuss this on a public forum.
Shocking but what can you do when an officer commits 1st degree murder and the police department lets him get away with it.
This was not a heat of the moment decision. It was cold blooded 1st degree murder. The worst kind of murder. Planned.
They refused to investigate
Got away with it and retired
Scary
Victor Reimer
I hope I never run into him the rest of my life.
If I was not so hard to find, I wouldn't discuss this case

So from your sample of 1 you are able to extrapolate that most cops are dumb. Math wasn't your best subject in school I assume.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 22nd, 2022 at 8:20:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So from your sample of 1 you are able to extrapolate that most cops are dumb. Math wasn't your best subject in school I assume.

No
But
It's shocking that the police dept let him get away with it
They refused to investigate
The lead investigator was Victor's friend and he closed the case immediately with no investigation calling it a suicide.
Bear in mind my father committed suicide and it was an open and shut case but the same police dept did their due diligence and investigated.
I heard many cops in the dept hated Victor
He's a murderer
He finished his career with the Rockville police dept
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 22nd, 2022 at 8:39:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
"Losing Jon: A Teen's Tragic Death, a Police Cover-Up, a Community's Fight ... - David Parrish - Google Books" https://books.google.com/books/about/Losing_Jon.html?id=Ol6gDwAAQBAJ&source=kp_book_description
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 22nd, 2022 at 8:49:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman

That’s….. not a math problem.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 22nd, 2022 at 10:51:22 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
He is not talking about your "success." He is pointing out that you support the same kind of policies of communist states towards their people to keep them in line as Canada is using.

The use of "legal" force to quell improperly exercised dissent and keep the economy chugging along is the right and obligation of a gov't.

I condemned BLM / antifa for their shenanigans the same as i condemn the Canucks.
February 22nd, 2022 at 3:02:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
The use of "legal" force to quell improperly exercised dissent and keep the economy chugging along is the right and obligation of a gov't.

I condemned BLM / antifa for their shenanigans the same as i condemn the Canucks.

I will second it, you would have loved East Germany.
The President is a fink.
February 22nd, 2022 at 3:16:39 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Come on man, you have posted that BLM should be arrested for blocking public roads (I agree), and supported legislation in some States that allows drivers (any random individual, not an agent of the government) to drive through (IE essentially deadly force) to anyone blocking the road for a political protest without a permit.

But, now suddenly that there is a protest that you support, you think any force used to clear the roads is unjustified? Do you see the philosophical inconsistency? Or do you just not care?

However, in Canada, its even worse than BLM because they are blocking bridges that allow trade between U.S. and Canada, this is massively more damaging to society and the economy than blocking some random highway downtown.... BLM was a nuisance for local businesses, this is a danger to the global economy.... Like there is no comparison. Agreeing with somebody's views is one things, agreeing with a method of spreading their views is totally different, and it seems you only care about the method when you care about the views...

By the way, the "force" the Canadians are using the clear the roads is laughably low. In America (in many States anyway) such bridges would be bombarded with CS grenades and armored trucks would roll through.... In Canada they are slowly guiding the "protesters" away and hoping that they can find a tow company willing to show up.... Like I can't even see videos of them using batons or chemical spray on the protester..... The point is, its pretty mild, like too mild for how big of a threat they are to stability.... They seem to be more concerned about their perception than clearing the protest which is the completely wrong attitude.... In one article, the RCMP was bragging about "posting firm Tweets directed at the protesters", its almost satire how mild they are being.... There is zero cause to complain.
February 22nd, 2022 at 3:20:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Come on man, you have posted that BLM should be arrested for blocking public roads (I agree), and supported legislation in some States that allows drivers (any random individual, not an agent of the government) to drive through (IE essentially deadly force) to anyone blocking the road for a political protest without a permit.

We are not talking about towing trucks. We are talking about asset seizures because someone supports a cause the government does not like. That is just plain tyranny.
The President is a fink.
February 22nd, 2022 at 4:14:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
We are not talking about towing trucks. We are talking about asset seizures because someone supports a cause the government does not like. That is just plain tyranny.

Towing a truck and seizing it for a reasonable period of time is not tyranny (especially in Canada where they are seemingly giving endless warnings to move before even considering calling for a tow).

As for the seizure of financial assets, we don't know enough about it, we keep hearing third hand accounts that are pegged up by people with a political interest.

BLM is currently being investigated for their financial management (as they should be, long overdue IMO), and some accounts are being frozen (and some may be seized or at least have fines levied against them). My guess is you support this:
https://nypost.com/2022/02/02/black-lives-matter-warned-by-california-ag-over-finances/

Though it is not clear who is to blame (individual donors are not being targeted, but rather the organization and organizers). Again, I am pretty consistent in saying, I don't support actions against small level individual donors in either circumstance, but larger donors and companies that support them is a different story...
February 22nd, 2022 at 4:25:41 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

You guys seem to confuse "freedom" with "irresponsibility."

Given that your guide is a fat, selfish, felonious clown this is not surprising at all.