In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 5th, 2022 at 9:00:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
People seem to be agreeing this is the best tornado footage ever taken. At least for clarity. Happened a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdFh8nYMgM

At times it sits and tears up one spot, then judging from the approx size of housing it must be moving at 60 or 70mph and then stops again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 6th, 2022 at 1:32:09 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: missedhervee
The only time to pay attention to your portfolio, assuming it is sound, is when it is time to cash out, otherwise you'll be like a dog chasing its tail.

A lot of investors thought they had 'sound' portfolios in 2008.

Defensive investments can provide stability. Looming recession, move something to high dividend paying utilities and stocks that held much of their value during the great recession. Inflationary energy policy, high dividend energy stocks like XOM, COP and Shel are a good bet. +25% YTD. War in Ukraine, US and UK providing weapons, move something into good dividend paying defense stocks like LMT and BAE. +25% and +41% YTD. High inflation, and dollar rising against foreign currencies, put something in commodities. They are traded in dollars. PDBC +38% YTD. No additional investments. More stability while the markets are down double digits.
May 6th, 2022 at 5:09:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
People seem to be agreeing this is the best tornado footage ever taken. At least for clarity. Happened a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdFh8nYMgM

At times it sits and tears up one spot, then judging from the approx size of housing it must be moving at 60 or 70mph and then stops again.

I don't know why people get so worked up by a little wind.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 6th, 2022 at 7:16:26 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Gee, the glass is always half empty for you

I keep filling my glass up and then the lefties and .gov keep taking half of it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 6th, 2022 at 7:52:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I don't know why people get so worked up by a little wind.

When I was a kid living in S. Florida, I pretty much thought the way to see a tornado up close was to live in a trailer park.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 6th, 2022 at 8:06:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
I keep filling my glass up and then the lefties and .gov keep taking half of it.

You need to get your mind right and realize they are leaving you half.
The President is a fink.
May 6th, 2022 at 8:09:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Canada must really be a crappy place to live.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 6th, 2022 at 8:25:14 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Canada must really be a crappy place to live.

The neighbours are terrible.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 6th, 2022 at 9:10:02 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The neighbours are terrible.

Move to the USA; then you can rag about Canada and continuously render your opinion on political issues that involve a country you do not live in, just as you, a Canuck, do now by expressing your irrelevant and unneeded opinion on all things American.

In other words, police your own bag yard, not mine.
May 6th, 2022 at 2:49:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see today that Captain Poopypants forgot the name of his own granddaughter? This is so common for people with senility that I believe it's on some of the tests they give you, name your grandchildren. They also frequently get their children and their grandchildren's names confused. Biden gets names confused all the time. How anybody can look at Biden and not see senility, they would have to be in total denial.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.