In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 27th, 2022 at 6:28:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What NYC really needs is the cops wasting time processing Rudy's back slap "assault". <----mocking.
'
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2022 at 7:36:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
The charges were reduced this morning. He will likely get some form of probation.

His fabulous career sas a thirty-nine year old stock boy, is over.

He will be lucky to get another job.

Having to answer 'yes' to 'have you ever been arrested?', when applying for a job or a bank loan, is going to make his life more difficult from now on.

That is simply false. Employers cannot ask if you have every been arrested. They can only ask about convictions.

(The exception is for government jobs that require some sort of security clearance where pretty much everything you have ever done in your life is on the table).

As for bank loans I am not sure, I don't recall a criminal check for anything (I am sure it varies by bank etc....). But, even if they do, I would guess it would only show convictions. I would be very surprised if they can ask about arrests that do not result in convictions.

Granted he does have the "Google Problem" meaning if an employer or anyone googles his name it will come up..... But, this is not relevant in the context of a formal criminal review.

In any case it sounds like he is going to fight this all the way, and not take a deal, so it will be a while before it results in any kind of conviction (if it does at all).
June 28th, 2022 at 3:16:11 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
They don't ask directly whether you have ever been arrested or convicted. Instead, they ask job applicants for their written permission to allow them do do a background check.

Some employers do continuous background screening.

Banks, can flat-out ask whether you have ever been arrested.

'When banks ask loan applicants about their arrest record'
June 28th, 2022 at 3:18:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
They don't ask directly whether you have ever been arrested or convicted. Instead, they ask job applicants for their written permission to allow them do do a background check.

Some employers do continuous background screening.

Banks, can flat-out ask whether you have ever been arrested.

'When banks ask loan applicants about their arrest record'

I have never had an employer, including banks, ask if I had been arrested. They ask if you have been convicted.
The President is a fink.
June 28th, 2022 at 3:32:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Years ago, employers did ask about arrests and convictions.

Today, as I indicated, they ask for permission to do a background check, which will tell them everything they need to know about the applicant.
June 28th, 2022 at 7:31:34 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Years ago, employers did ask about arrests and convictions.

Today, as I indicated, they ask for permission to do a background check, which will tell them everything they need to know about the applicant.

I haven’t applied for a job since they quit asking “if you’ve been convicted.” Got a DUI when I was 20 so had to answer yes, then put what was convicted for .NEVER had any trouble getting employment because of it. Most of these jobs were in ‘07-‘14 so not exactly a booming economy.

It is certainly going to have no effect on getting low level employment like a grocery store, it’s only going to matter for competitive jobs. Crap jobs are a dime a dozen and virtually anyone can get them at any time. No one wants them.
June 28th, 2022 at 1:18:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rquiredusername
I haven’t applied for a job since they quit asking “if you’ve been convicted.” Got a DUI when I was 20 so had to answer yes, then put what was convicted for .NEVER had any trouble getting employment because of it. Most of these jobs were in ‘07-‘14 so not exactly a booming economy.

It is certainly going to have no effect on getting low level employment like a grocery store, it’s only going to matter for competitive jobs. Crap jobs are a dime a dozen and virtually anyone can get them at any time. No one wants them.

I had a DUI 37 years ago and it came up in multiple job screenings. It never prevented me from getting a job but I was required to speak publicly about it in front of multiple public forums including attorneys.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2022 at 4:26:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
After all that hullabaloo surrounding his father’s vicious near-death assault, Andrew Giuliani has lost his primary to be the GOP NY gov nominee.

This family just can’t catch a break. 😢
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2022 at 11:46:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
July 1st, 2022 at 5:33:46 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Nice elbow by Pelosi.

Lots of class.