In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 2nd, 2022 at 1:16:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
The President needs to signal that they will make their money back.

That is not really it. The real thing is as soon as they try to build they get sued and blocked by the environutz. I remember they wanted to build one in AZ, way away from everything. They still got sued, one of the plaintiffs said to build it in Mexico.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2022 at 1:23:17 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
That is not really it. The real thing is as soon as they try to build they get sued and blocked by the environutz. I remember they wanted to build one in AZ, way away from everything. They still got sued, one of the plaintiffs said to build it in Mexico.

There is that, too, but why would anyone spend the time and money to build something that they know the President is trying to destroy before you even break even? That would be stupid. Only a fool would think they should not worry about The President’s actions to date.
July 2nd, 2022 at 1:28:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
There is that, too, but why would anyone spend the time and money to build something that they know the President is trying to destroy before you even break even? That would be stupid. Only a fool would think they should not worry about The President’s actions to date.

I have been saying the same since people try to absolve Biden for gas prices. I am just talking in general terms for normal times.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2022 at 2:14:13 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
I have been saying the same since people try to absolve Biden for gas prices. I am just talking in general terms for normal times.

If it was normal times and we needed a refinery or three to build gas and diesel production until we can get more electric vehicles that are non-polluting (you have to consider the disposal of batteries and such), politicians would help cut red tape and have a shot at getting it done. This foolish old man wants to make the poor and middle class pay for a transition we are not ready to make yet. His minions just clap along as he destroys the economy.

…and he is mad because some Dems are speaking out against him running again.
July 2nd, 2022 at 4:37:58 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Net profit margins for the oil refinery industry are very low. There is no incentive to own one, let alone build a new one.

https://csimarket.com/Industry/industry_Profitability_Ratios.php?ind=606

'Oil Refineries Industry's Net Margin sequentially deteriorated to 1.97 % due to increase in total costs and despite Revenue increase of 15.95 %.'

'Oil Refineries Industry's Net Margin in 1 Q 2022 was higher than Industry average.'

'On the trailing twelve months basis Net margin in 1 Q 2022 grew to 4.34 %.'
July 2nd, 2022 at 7:55:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Bitcoin miners in New York state faced a regulatory blow today as the state denied air permits for a gas-fired power plant used to mine Bitcoin. It’s the latest step that New York has taken to crack down on crypto mining as it tries to meet its goals on climate change.

Bitcoin industry that’s boomed in New York ever since China kicked out miners last year.

I forgot all about China shutting down operations. If even China won't let them operate, what's the real future?

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 4th, 2022 at 7:47:07 AM permalink
rxwine
No offense to veterans, but July 4th is not the same as Veterans' Day or Memorial Day, Fox News commentator. Particularly, if you're going to rant about something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 4th, 2022 at 9:15:56 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
No offense to veterans, but July 4th is not the same as Veterans' Day or Memorial Day,

It most certainly is, at least indirectly.

Without the fighting spirit of patriots as made evident in our two wars against the British we'd still drive on the left side of the road.
July 4th, 2022 at 9:40:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
It most certainly is, at least indirectly.

Without the fighting spirit of patriots as made evident in our two wars against the British we'd still drive on the left side of the road.

I consider the primary purpose of Independence Day to celebrate everyone who participated in the effort and day of declaring independence. Signers of Declaration of Independence, women who helped the effort, etc. There’s days for veteran and and the dead who did actual fighting.
July 4th, 2022 at 9:49:04 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I consider the primary purpose of Independence Day to celebrate everyone who participated in the effort and day of declaring independence. Signers of Declaration of Independence, women who helped the effort, etc. There’s days for veteran and and the dead who did actual fighting.

L