In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 27th, 2022 at 4:48:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
I didn't opine on whether it was assault. Learn to read.

If he was assaulted then by definition he was the victim. Learn to think.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 27th, 2022 at 4:53:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman

Okay Mr. Independent thinker, what punishment do you think would be appropriate for the “assault?”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 27th, 2022 at 4:59:29 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Rudy clearly has zero respect for wasting public resources or tax dollars. What a tool.
June 27th, 2022 at 5:00:15 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Earlier I thought it was an assault, but I was applying the civil definition I am more familiar with: I was wrong.

In NY, there are three degrees of criminal assault; the "least" is a gross misdemeanor, third degree assault.

It DOES require that the contact injure the victim.

What "injuries" can be shown from the light back slap?
June 27th, 2022 at 5:05:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Okay Mr. Independent thinker, what punishment do you think would be appropriate for the “assault?”

If there was nothing previous that hasn't been mentioned and no verbal slurs then I think nothing should happen. If it was anybody but an old Republican white man then there would be libby protests outside the store until the worker was fired because it would be framed as a bigoted action.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 27th, 2022 at 5:24:36 PM permalink
ams288
If there was nothing previous that hasn't been mentioned and no verbal slurs then I think nothing should happen. If it was anybody but an old Republican white man then there would be libby protests outside the store until the worker was fired because it would be framed as a bigoted action.

lol

Such a fair and balanced assessment! /s
June 27th, 2022 at 5:46:13 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The charges were reduced this morning. He will likely get some form of probation.

His fabulous career sas a thirty-nine year old stock boy, is over.

He will be lucky to get another job.

Having to answer 'yes' to 'have you ever been arrested?', when applying for a job or a bank loan, is going to make his life more difficult from now on.
June 27th, 2022 at 5:59:02 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Tanko
The charges were reduced this morning. He will likely get some form of probation.

Having to answer 'yes' to 'have you ever been arrested?', when applying for a job or a bank loan, is going to make his life more difficult from now on.

Pretty sure “assaulting” Rudy Giuliani gets you an automatic pay increase and promotion in most blue states.
June 27th, 2022 at 6:05:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Quote: Tanko

Pretty sure “assaulting” Rudy Giuliani gets you an automatic pay increase and promotion in most blue states.

Unless the guy has had some other issues, he'll probably get several job offers if he does get fired.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2022 at 6:20:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Here is what you said, "How hard he was hit has very little to do with the legal definition of 'battery assault'. Do your research."

I said he was hit so hard he probably farted. I did make fun of him for a rather pathetic case of victimhood, but I didn't actually deny it. Which is why I put the air quotes around the "victim"

LEARN TO READ.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?