In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 19th, 2022 at 1:06:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
LOL

Far from the center of my life.

More of a threat to my established way of life with his fomenting rebellion, stealing secret documents, and basically threatening civil war if he's indicted.

Sure sounds like someone who wants to be crowned king, or maybe emperor: he rejects the need for voting and following election results, believing that he and only he deserves to lead this country.

What a narcissistic jerk.

Threat to your way of life? How? Most libertarian POTUS of our lifetime, something you claim to want.

But a threat? How?

See what I mean? Your life revolves around him. A few documents that you would probably have little idea what they were if you saw them.

You are infatuated with the man.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2022 at 1:11:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
I would sooner have a Monarchy rather than the US system. Your population still wants royalty, so you worship sports and Hollywood figures and follow their every move.

Worshipping sports and Hollywood figures
Thats conservatives
Remember when Doc learned in Back to the Future that the actor Reagan became President, he didn't believe it at first. Very funny moment in the movie.
As to worshipping sports, still conservatives. Herschel Walker, the dumbest man in sports.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 19th, 2022 at 1:42:21 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I would sooner have a Monarchy rather than the US system. Your population still wants royalty, so you worship sports and Hollywood figures and follow their every move.

You foreigners just don't get it.

We rebelled because we didn't want a king: you Canucks still like to be led around by the nose.
September 19th, 2022 at 4:10:17 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Worshipping sports and Hollywood figures
Thats conservatives
Remember when Doc learned in Back to the Future that the actor Reagan became President, he didn't believe it at first. Very funny moment in the movie.
As to worshipping sports, still conservatives. Herschel Walker, the dumbest man in sports.

Yes, LA is such an enclave of conservatism.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 19th, 2022 at 4:15:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I would stipulate that people admire actors and athletes as a distraction to not have to think about politics.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 19th, 2022 at 4:30:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I would stipulate that people admire actors and athletes as a distraction to not have to think about politics.

Its the anthropological need to have someone to look up to. Obama's fans treated him like an emperor. The Kardashians have lots of goofballs looking up to them. Athletes can kill dogs for amusement and be welcomed back.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2022 at 9:02:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
The Kardashians have lots of goofballs looking up to them. Athletes can kill dogs for amusement and be welcomed back.

All the more reason that it would be truly right and just for an alien species, upon discovering earth and what we've done to it, to then seek to destroy humanity and let the healing of this planet begin.

We had it in the palm of our hand and we blew it.
September 20th, 2022 at 1:56:40 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
MY GOD THESE PPL ARE SICK MAN!! THEY ARE KILLERS!! SICK!!!!!
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE MY BROTHAS!!! DEMOCATS WILL TRY TO KILL YOU!! JUST LIKE THESE SCUMBAGS!!!!!

Democrat official arrested for murder of Las Vegas reporter
An assassin jumped onstage and attempted to stab the Republican candidate for Governor of New York, Lee Zeldin
Driver admitted to intentionally killing Republican teen

ONE DAY I SAW ON FACBOOK THERE WAS A POS SCUMBAG WHO SAID HE DANCE IN THE STEETS IF REPUBLICANS DIED!!! SCUMBAG WASN'T EVEN BANNED!!! ANYONE WHO SAY THEY DANCE IN THE STREETS IF SOMEONE DIED IS A SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!
September 20th, 2022 at 1:59:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: YeahBaby
ONE DAY I SAW ON FACBOOK THERE WAS A POS SCUMBAG WHO SAID HE DANCE IN THE STEETS IF REPUBLICANS DIED!!! SCUMBAG WASN'T EVEN BANNED!!! ANYONE WHO SAY THEY DANCE IN THE STREETS IF SOMEONE DIED IS A SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!

I will dance in the streets when Donny dies.

There will be parties across the country. Probably across the world.

Many children will be conceived that night.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 20th, 2022 at 2:14:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I will dance in the streets when Donny dies.

There will be parties across the country. Probably across the world.

Many children will be conceived that night.

Dead and Company covering the classic Dancing in the Streets

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"