In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 22nd, 2022 at 5:42:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Attempt at being philosophical?

Of course we can do something about it.

Bubbles, Inflation, Recessions, and Depressions are all man-made. Whether government policy and spending, or Central Bank policy, they are all man-made.

You can defend yourself against natural disasters like hurricanes and pending volcanic eruptions, and you can defend yourself against government created economic disasters.

Depends on if it is a major eruption. Mt St. Helens was actually a tiny eruption by comparison. And it blew its top off.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2022 at 7:00:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Donny went on Hannity’s show last night to discuss his legal troubles.

It did not go well for him.

https://twitter.com/bgrueskin/status/1572769756515532803?s=46&t=3ayEPaYM7Xp6V-IVh_EJfw

"There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it, If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”

Talk about crazy. No doubt Trumpers will agree. Even crazier. Talk about a fantasy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2022 at 8:26:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined
"There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it, If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”

Talk about crazy. No doubt Trumper will agree. Even crazier. Talk about a fantasy

Biden should just say he classified all presidential documents in his head as soon as he took over. If asked for proof, say like Donny he doesn’t need any.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2022 at 8:40:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Biden should just say he classified all presidential documents in his head as soon as he took over. If asked for proof, say like Donny he doesn’t need any.

Better yet, quit his Trump witch hunt and try actually running the country.

I swear the Trump haters are at the point of being mentally ill.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2022 at 9:09:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

He seems to be doing a good job running the country. Approval numbers keep rising (you righties have been so obsessed with his approval numbers up until recently!)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2022 at 9:25:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman

I swear the Trump haters are at the point of being mentally ill.

Easiest side gig in the world is watching Trump self-destruct on his own. Probably provides Biden with constant entertainment,
September 22nd, 2022 at 10:11:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Easiest side gig in the world is watching Trump self-destruct on his own. Probably provides Biden with constant entertainment,

Anyone who watched his Hannity interview last night and thought, “yeah, this guy should be president again!” has severe mental illness.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2022 at 3:04:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Reparations will never ever pass

I hope Biden agrees to commit the money we are holding from Russia to Ukraine for reparations.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 23rd, 2022 at 7:06:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
September 25th, 2022 at 5:02:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It's shocking how some conservatives are trying to change history. Slavery was a big part of this country and we need to be open and honest about it like Charleston SC where I visited the historical slave market.
DeSantis is just completely full of lying BS when it comes to history.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/desantis-slavery-american-revolution-florida-schools-rcna49157
"DeSantis flunks American history test with nonsensical slavery rant
While denouncing The New York Times' "1619 Project," Florida's right-wing governor claimed no one questioned slavery before the American Revolution."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"