In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 29th, 2022 at 11:17:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
You are way better off. Only total losers spend their lives following people they hate on Twitter.
I think so. I get a taste of that here, you may have an idea how quickly I zoom through many, many threads here.

I don't get this one. I am easily thrown for a loop by people who do things provocative, and I don't see it. Shapiro, no dummy, seems to think this was such. Did she play the Black National Anthem on it or something?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 29th, 2022 at 11:35:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
I think so. I get a taste of that here, you may have an idea how quickly I zoom through many, many threads here.

I can believe it. I don't get it. It is a weird thing with online. Back in college 30 years ago when forums were a sort of new thing we would have the occasional person who got booted and then kept following things. How empty is your life if you keep up to date on a forum you got banned from?

I do not follow anyone on Twitter. I can see where it has utility. My old business it would have been great for brokers to tweet a position and the followers who were all Landmen could keep up to date. Faster for all. But most of what it is about is people whining about this or that and others following it. Some black celeb getting mad because a white politician ordered a vanilla ice cream cone not a chocolate one.

I think my favorite was some airhead tweeted that a baseball park was racist because it has a "KKK Sign." The twit did not know that she was looking at the strikeout board!

As a Trump supporter I still did not follow him, I have other things in my life than Trump. I cannot imagine wasting life on following people I dislike. But some types like to do it.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2022 at 12:28:42 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
I think my favorite was some airhead tweeted that a baseball park was racist because it has a "KKK Sign." The twit did not know that she was looking at the strikeout board!.

'Racist Highways' and 'Racist Architecture'.

'Biden admin targets roads built under racist policies'

'Racist Interstates?'

'Is America’s Civic Architecture Inherently Racist?'

'And although Denver has a “growing middle class of minorities,” including “plenty of blacks and Latinos” who can afford to go there, Mr. Rinaldi goes a bit further to speculate that the station’s architectural renovation repels this demographic.'

'The building’s “symmetry, arched windows, and ornate cornice and stacked stone walls” evoke European colonial empires fueled by slave labor.'
September 30th, 2022 at 3:17:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: ams288
Racist idiots losing their minds over Lizzo playing James Madison’s crystal flute.

Can’t make this stuff up…
took me a long time to decipher what the problem was. The woman is into 'twerking' evidently. I had thought this was always done with a partner, but I guess it doesn't have to be. When I gathered that she twerked with the flute, I had an image that the flute was substituting for a partner in some manner. This video shows she was just holding the flute while shaking her ass [what we would call it back in the day].

I'm going to give her a pass. Talk about much ado about nothing!

September 30th, 2022 at 7:03:10 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebnKqQdeJCk

Try this video she is in her underwear and playing her video.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 30th, 2022 at 7:58:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: kenarman
Try this video she is in her underwear and playing her video.
Meh.

Hey, I am no fan of the lady, nor would I ever want to become one, just seems like a big nothing. I think you could be critical of the Library of Congress people, but on the other hand why get worked up about it?
September 30th, 2022 at 8:18:39 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Meh.
Hey, I am no fan of the lady, nor would I ever want to become one, just seems like a big nothing. I think you could be critical of the Library of Congress people, but on the other hand why get worked up about it?

I couldn't give a s..t it is her life but I'm happy that is not my wife's look.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 30th, 2022 at 8:36:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Meh.

Because bitching about a big black woman is red meat for Ben Shapiro’s racist base?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 30th, 2022 at 11:45:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Shock Jock syndrome, and they need material

you might be able to make a case the conservatives are worse with the syndrome, not sure, but it's not just one-sided
September 30th, 2022 at 1:36:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Shock Jock syndrome, and they need material

you might be able to make a case the conservatives are worse with the syndrome, not sure, but it's not just one-sided

Nothing changes
Fatty Arbuckle was totally innocent
But that didn't sell newspapers
The media vilified him and the media made millions
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"