In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 30th, 2022 at 4:18:04 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Newsome signed a bill to make California a sanctuary state for “gender affirming surgery” and hormone treatment for minors without consent of parents. Bill spearheaded by rep. Wiener. You really can’t make it up.
September 30th, 2022 at 4:24:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
Newsome signed a bill to make California a sanctuary state for “gender affirming surgery” and hormone treatment for minors without consent of parents. Bill spearheaded by rep. Wiener. You really can’t make it up.

I think you are making it up
No child is doing this against parents wishes
It's absurd
It's about giving families a choice to make their kids happy
It's about freedom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 30th, 2022 at 4:51:30 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
summary and text:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB107

I see nothing in it that allows surgery on a minor without parental consent.

Rather it simply says folks from red neck Trumpie states can come to liberal California for gender reassignment surgery and not have to worry about it, in particular not be subject to enforcement in California of civil or criminal egal action originating in their home state.

If Johnny becomes Jane and the idiots in his home state find out they cannot compel anyone in California to cooperate in their pusuit of punitive civil or criminal actions.

Makes sense to me.
September 30th, 2022 at 5:03:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny is now threatening the life of Mitch McConnell.

“Who could have seen this coming?!” - Fox News, immediately after some deranged Trumpster murders Mitch.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 30th, 2022 at 7:45:19 PM permalink
missedhervee
Trump: such a class act.

NOT.
October 1st, 2022 at 2:20:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Donny is now threatening the life of Mitch McConnell.

“Who could have seen this coming?!” - Fox News, immediately after some deranged Trumpster murders Mitch.

Wow. This is the problem with Trump! He can start with a sound policy objective, that is being against the Democrat fueled multi trillion dollar spending plans, and specifically the GND, but his tweet just shows how unhinged he is! That tweet is a clear death threat to the Senate Minority Leader. And of course it includes the repugnant comment about MM's wife.
October 1st, 2022 at 2:42:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Isn't this the same place that banned gay conversion therapy for minors?
The President is a fink.
October 1st, 2022 at 8:00:14 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: missedhervee
summary and text:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB107

I see nothing in it that allows surgery on a minor without parental consent.

Rather it simply says folks from red neck Trumpie states can come to liberal California for gender reassignment surgery and not have to worry about it, in particular not be subject to enforcement in California of civil or criminal egal action originating in their home state.

If Johnny becomes Jane and the idiots in his home state find out they cannot compel anyone in California to cooperate in their pusuit of punitive civil or criminal actions.

Makes sense to me.

Meh perhaps I read with as without when skimming the first time. In any case you’re not libertarian you just tell people you’re libertarian because you think it makes you edgy and cool.
October 1st, 2022 at 10:54:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Libertarian is cool, eh? I’m far from a libertarian because I believe the state has more reasons to interfere than most, yet, I believe if two consenting adults want to fight to the death on their own property, fine with me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 1st, 2022 at 10:56:21 AM permalink
missedhervee
In any case you’re not libertarian you just tell people you’re libertarian because you think it makes you edgy and cool.

Nope, I tell people I'm Libertarian because it makes me look thinner: easier than wearing black all the time.

Actually the reason I say it is because that is how I always vote, whenever there is that option.

Other than voting, my views and opinions are too complex to neatly fit inside one label, but that one is the closest fit.