In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 15th, 2022 at 6:28:31 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
This FTX thing is going to get very interesting to see what sort of information comes out if they’re able to claw back these politicians and non profits. Bought both sides of the aisle.
November 16th, 2022 at 2:38:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO
That article is from a week ago….
but the charts get updated. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

however, no update lately ...

CNN.com displays an image right at the top that shows Reps at 217... they need 218. However they are indicating a considerable area of uncertainty without comment

at this point maybe nobody is updating their charts.

PS there's this, undated. I guess I'll go along with the idea Republicans have almost for sure prevailed

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/house?election-data-id=2022-HG&election-painting-mode=projection&filter-key-races=false&filter-flipped=false
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 16th, 2022 at 6:41:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Pike county massacre trial
Bombshell
George Wagner the IV is testifying in his own defense and has opted in to being recorded and broadcast
Fascinating development
The evidence against him is beyond overwhelming.
His own mother and brother have already testified against him but did not opt in to being recorded or broadcast.
I guess this is a hail Mary live on TV for all to watch and judge themselves
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2022 at 2:48:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Predicting 6 feet of snow in Buffalo. What is that, 20 foot snow drifts?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2022 at 4:21:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Anyone still following the Elon Twitter saga?

Looks like roughly 75% of the remaining workforce decided to leave today after he sent out an ultimatum email last night telling them they’d have to be “hardcore” and work longer hours or quit.

Elon has been revealed to be an incompetent leader, for those who didn’t already know.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 17th, 2022 at 4:32:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Looks like roughly 75% of the remaining workforce decided to leave today after he sent out an ultimatum email last night telling them they’d have to be “hardcore” and work longer hours or quit.

Elon has been revealed to be an incompetent leader, for those who didn’t already know.

He needs to part with many millions and hire a competent CEO to properly restructure the company.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2022 at 5:12:55 PM permalink
rquiredusername
He’s appearing to be burning it to the ground sure. On the other hand there’s also no large tech company that hasn’t been at least 2x necessary staff in the super low interest rate environment of the last half decade and they all know it.
November 17th, 2022 at 5:18:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

I would be willing to bet that it is not even close to 75%. I would be shocked if 50% decided to leave today. 30% maybe.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 18th, 2022 at 1:29:05 AM permalink
Tanko
This Twitter Lead Client Partner probably lost his job.

Another:

"Commie as F@#K"

"Basically, I work four hours a week" -Twitter Engineer
November 18th, 2022 at 3:12:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rquiredusername
He’s appearing to be burning it to the ground sure. On the other hand there’s also no large tech company that hasn’t been at least 2x necessary staff in the super low interest rate environment of the last half decade and they all know it.

Strange, I just watched a YT video saying just that. USA economy has been smoking Blue Sky low interest rates since the dotcom crash. Check out a chart, even with the recent Fed actions we are not at an all-century high yet. Heck, I just saw an old Dodge commercial touting 10.9%! We have a long way to go there.

Back to Twitter, how viable is it in the first place? It does have utility, but little more than a text subscription service. It seems to have been set up under the "make it cool and worry about revenue later" school of thought. And it has a very bad reputation for moderation bias. So to the ground it probably must be burned. If it survives who cares?

As to Musk, he might be learning a very expensive lesson. Remember when he said he wanted to take Tesla private and the SEC said, "Bo, you can't say that unless you mean it. You are an insider, people take such a statement serious." It feels like he did the same thing with Twitter but this time was forced to follow up his words. But I do love all the liberals who made him a god for making EVs turn on him. The ones that said "Twitter can censor who they want" now scream how "unfair!" Musk is. It is more fun than visiting the monkey house at the zoo.
The President is a fink.