In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 21st, 2022 at 2:11:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Jay Leno post car fire.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2022 at 6:52:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Musk still banning Alex Jones from Twitter. Not that I mind, I just wonder why people say they are true free speech advocates when it is obvious, they do not act that way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:50:27 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Musk still banning Alex Jones from Twitter. Not that I mind, I just wonder why people say they are true free speech advocates when it is obvious, they do not act that way.

You could ask this site’s owner ;)
November 22nd, 2022 at 4:19:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

??????????
There is no such thing as free speech rights in somebody else's home or on somebody else's private property
Twitter has nothing to do with the right to free speech rights.
Alex Jones continues to have a free speech right
Musk can't take away anybodys free speech rights
I retain my rights
Musk can't shut me up
If Alex Jones wants to give a speech, Musk can't do Jack about it
If I want to give a speech, Musk can't do Jack
Trump has his free speech rights without Twitter
Trump can easily practice his free speech rights at a rally and Musk can't do Jack about it. Trump can bring Alex Jones to practice his free speech at his rally and Musk can't do jack.
Alex Jones can write a book and Musk can't censor that :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2022 at 6:10:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined
??????????
There is no such thing as free speech rights in somebody else's home or on somebody else's private property
Twitter has nothing to do with the right to free speech rights.
Alex Jones continues to have a free speech right
Musk can't take away anybodys free speech rights
I retain my rights
Musk can't shut me up
If Alex Jones wants to give a speech, Musk can't do Jack about it
If I want to give a speech, Musk can't do Jack
Trump has his free speech rights without Twitter
Trump can easily practice his free speech rights at a rally and Musk can't do Jack about it. Trump can bring Alex Jones to practice his free speech at his rally and Musk can't do jack.
Alex Jones can write a book and Musk can't censor that :-)

No, I'm not arguing that a private company can't moderate. I'm pointing out what Musk criticized Twitter of before he took over.

Musk made a point of it being wrong that certain people got banned. So, he comes in a does his own picking and choosing who gets to stay.

He acted like he was going to open it up as a public square as a complaint against former Twitter policies.
November 24th, 2022 at 5:05:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Does the extreme right hate everyone
Sick
https://www.vice.com/en/article/93avba/colorado-shooting-club-q-richard-fierro
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 24th, 2022 at 7:58:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

I don’t consider going to a ‘drag show’ a right or left thing. I went with wifey and friends in Key West and it was a blast. But agree that only those on the right would do anything other than laud the hero. I am pretty sure that the show I went to was more than 1/2 heterosexual couples.
November 24th, 2022 at 9:36:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I don’t consider going to a ‘drag show’ a right or left thing. I went with wifey and friends in Key West and it was a blast. But agree that only those on the right would do anything other than laud the hero. I am pretty sure that the show I went to was more than 1/2 heterosexual couples.

Building we serviced in Buffalo was a gay bar and had a drag show. I think the main fans are gay males and heterosexual females. I do not think I have heard of one that was not in some sort of gay venue. For sure I have never been to one, I do not see what is entertaining about it.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2022 at 10:18:50 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Building we serviced in Buffalo was a gay bar and had a drag show. I think the main fans are gay males and heterosexual females. I do not think I have heard of one that was not in some sort of gay venue. For sure I have never been to one, I do not see what is entertaining about it.

The two 'drag shows' I've seen were bawdy, filthy, funny humour. There was ZERO sexuality to them, but they just seemed to have the right style to make the jokes work. There was a drag character on TV, Lily Savage, who just used the dress up to facilitate self deprecating humour. Again, nothing sexually attractive to anyone.
That said, I watched a cringeworthy episode of Ru Paul's Drag Race and all I saw was these gay guys made up as OTT women, bitching like charactertures of bitchy women. It didn't amuse me in the slightest. Just totally pointless parading. They didn't even look like women, just as most over made up and surgically enhanced women don't look like women.

To each his own. Nobody forces anybody to attend.
November 24th, 2022 at 10:37:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
The two 'drag shows' I've seen were bawdy, filthy, funny humour. There was ZERO sexuality to them, but they just seemed to have the right style to make the jokes work. There was a drag character on TV, Lily Savage, who just used the dress up to facilitate self deprecating humour. Again, nothing sexually attractive to anyone.
That said, I watched a cringeworthy episode of Ru Paul's Drag Race and all I saw was these gay guys made up as OTT women, bitching like charactertures of bitchy women. It didn't amuse me in the slightest. Just totally pointless parading. They didn't even look like women, just as most over made up and surgically enhanced women don't look like women.

To each his own. Nobody forces anybody to attend.

I did not see this one, but I saw behind the scenes since we serviced the building. Nobody was there, it was maybe 8:00 AM. But the star was called "Miss Understood." I did think that would be a boss name for a boat. I used it in a work game where we had to name a horse that moved every loan we closed or something. Most creative name was supposed to win some trinket maybe lunch but all the bosses had one favorite so nobody won.

Glad you enjoyed, I still don't get it. Even Tom Hanks wearing a dress got old after one season so they de-emphasized the joke, though it was not a "drag show" just a gimmick for a TV show.
The President is a fink.