In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 16th, 2022 at 2:57:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Perpetrating the Big Lie. Secretaries do NOT pay less than top earners here. You may find individual years were a billionaire has little ‘income’ but still has dividend and bond interest that is taxed at far higher dollar figures than any ‘secretary’. Even the worst example, TRUMP, intentionally leaked the one return where he paid what, $34,000,000 in taxes? What I think you are referring to is the sum of FICA, which (theoretically) is not a tax, but a contribution, and the secretary’s federal tax. Then divide it by her overall income and come up with a percentage. And find a billionaire who only had capital gains which I think is taxed at 20%? Then say the secretary paid 30% and the billionaire only 20%.

What is musk going to pay this year in taxes? I’ll bet you it is many billions. Enough to equal tens of thousands of secretaries.

Musk is going to get killed with cap gain taxes this year. Buffet's "secretary" probably makes easily six figures, which will put her in a high bracket. The whole thing is to make uninformed people cheer for higher taxes. Sort of like the carpenter who helps build his own gallows to be hung because the guards keep praising his carpentry skills.
The President is a fink.
December 16th, 2022 at 5:26:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Musk is going to get killed with cap gain taxes this year.

What does that mean? I only wish that I had the income to pay billions in taxes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 16th, 2022 at 5:33:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sorry, FICA is defined as a tax. For the uniformed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 16th, 2022 at 7:16:09 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Sorry, FICA is defined as a tax. For the uniformed.

I’ve always thought that. But that’s not how it is often portrayed. I promise you the Democrats who vote for it in every budget wouldn’t want to call it a tax! If so, they are voting for a tax that so favors the rich it’s not even close!

I have heard many people use the phrase ‘I contributed for years so now I’m going to collect’. I think the word contributed has a different connotation than ‘paid’.
December 16th, 2022 at 10:38:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Biggest freestanding aquarium busts.

Quote:
known as the ‘AquaDom’, it was the world’s largest freestanding cylindrical aquarium at 46 ft in height, according to the website of the DomAquaree complex, which houses a Radisson hotel, a museum, shops and restaurants.

Police said parts of the building, which also contains a hotel, cafes and a chocolate store, were damaged as 1 million litres of water poured from the aquarium shortly before 6am. ( 5am GMT).
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 16th, 2022 at 11:19:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
What does that mean? I only wish that I had the income to pay billions in taxes.

It means what it says. He has sold lots of TSLA lately.
The President is a fink.
December 16th, 2022 at 12:59:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

How is he going to get killed with capital gains taxes? Even if he gets a tax bill for $20 billion it just means that he still has more than $20 billion.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 16th, 2022 at 1:57:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
How is he going to get killed with capital gains taxes? Even if he gets a tax bill for $20 billion it just means that he still has more than $20 billion.

Billions in cap gains taxes due is getting killed in my book. If you cannot grasp that I cannot help you.
The President is a fink.
December 16th, 2022 at 4:04:36 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Hi is creating capital gains with the TSLA sales but I expect that the losses on twitter will offset most if not all of it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 16th, 2022 at 5:01:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
Hi is creating capital gains with the TSLA sales but I expect that the losses on twitter will offset most if not all of it.

You had better not try to do your own taxes. He has no losses on TWTR at this time.
The President is a fink.