In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 14th, 2022 at 4:58:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
lol - I suspect they’d reply with “I’m non-binary.”

I certainly never said a non-binary person would respond that they are male.

A better question is why would you go around asking people their gender? Who cares?

People who look or act different than most should be a non-issue in this country. And unless school kids are under the care of an actual predator the only effect most of these people would have on school children is learn there is nothing to fear.

As far as I'm concerned, the thing kids should be taught about gender, sexual identity, is sometime the brain doesn't agree with the body 100 percent across the board. That's why we all don't come out cookie cutter style. Evolution is always diverging somewhat from the same model. That's completely normal. Not abnormal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2022 at 8:23:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I was stunned to learn that Puerto Ricans, living in Puerto Rico, do NOT pay federal income tax! Didn’t we just use federal tax dollars to bail out their local government? And give them money whenever they get hit by a hurricane? And of course always provide military protection?

Let Puerto Rico become a state so the dead beats will pay federal taxes!!!!

Or let them be independent and fend for themselves.

I love San Juan, by the way. Great warm weather destination.
December 15th, 2022 at 12:11:04 AM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
People who look or act different than most should be a non-issue in this country. And unless school kids are under the care of an actual predator the only effect most of these people would have on school children is learn there is nothing to fear.

As far as I'm concerned, the thing kids should be taught about gender, sexual identity, is sometime the brain doesn't agree with the body 100 percent across the board. That's why we all don't come out cookie cutter style. Evolution is always diverging somewhat from the same model. That's completely normal. Not abnormal.

You are an evil bot. Shame on you if you are human.
December 15th, 2022 at 4:34:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mooseton
You are an evil bot. Shame on you if you are human.

You hacked or you lost your humanity?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 15th, 2022 at 5:19:24 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: Tanko
Although it was never a slave state, California is on track to become the first state to pay reparations to black residents.

The race is on.

'NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations for black residents'

'St. Louis’ Democrat Mayor Appoints Reparations Commission, Blames ‘Decades of Disinvestment’

And the winner is....

Providence Rhode island will spend $10 million in reparations
December 15th, 2022 at 5:29:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
For 30 years I asked everyone (at work) their age, gender, height, weight, etc…. Now that I think about it, I NEVER asked a person what their gender was! It was written on the paperwork ( or computer form the last few years) but it was certainly part of my job to know. I took care of likely 45,000 plus cases and never had someone who identified as non binary. Lots of transgendered as we were a center for their surgical procedures.

Anyway, in ‘real life’ I couldn’t imagine asking someone directly what their gender is. Just like you can’t ask a woman if she is pregnant (or just fat?).

"Non-binary" just means "mentally ill." End of story. When I was a kid we were told these people were "sick" but today we are making excuses for them. Any wonder I keep saying we are in a collapsing society?
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2022 at 5:32:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I was stunned to learn that Puerto Ricans, living in Puerto Rico, do NOT pay federal income tax! Didn’t we just use federal tax dollars to bail out their local government? And give them money whenever they get hit by a hurricane? And of course always provide military protection?

Not a new thing. People who have crypto windfalls there are learning to hang out there a year or two to avoid capital gains taxes, something I will consider if my SHIB makes me 7 figures. We are too afraid of China moving in on them to let them go free.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2022 at 6:11:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

You think we should have territories without obligations? It's a two-way street. They don't get representation in congress, and they get less federal funds than states. They would actually need more federal funds if they were a state. So it would be even more MONEY to them. Federal funding programs would automatically apply to them when it goes to states.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2022 at 8:23:02 AM permalink
Tanko
'Dems push to ‘decolonize’ Puerto Rico, give territory option of statehood, independence'

In the 2020 referendum, 52% favored statehood. Not sure whether they realize they would have to pay federal income tax. The magic of mail in ballots and ballot harvesting will change that to 90% the next time around.
December 15th, 2022 at 8:31:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tanko
'Dems push to ‘decolonize’ Puerto Rico, give territory option of statehood, independence'

In the 2020 referendum, 52% favored statehood. Not sure whether they realize they would have to pay federal income tax. The magic of mail in ballots and ballot harvesting will change that to 90% the next time around.

PR has voted on this many times in the past. I agree the left will steal the next election same as they did 2020 here. They would be crazy to take statehood. If they do I guess I have to go to Guam if my crypto hits 7 figures.
The President is a fink.