In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 31st, 2023 at 4:09:04 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: DoubleGold
We'll eventually have to triple police pay because not too many will be willing to perform at the current rate and risk.

If the trend of defunding police continues along with the negative events the media chooses to publish, I'd begin to consider protecting the water and sanitation facilities by the local National Guard.

Because if crime gets out of hand (for example gangs), they could control an entire metro city by controlling those facilities.
January 31st, 2023 at 4:55:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
We'll eventually have to triple police pay because not too many will be willing to perform at the current rate and risk.

I was actually surprised to see that police officers made more money than I expected. I knew senior fire fighters make large money but didn't realize how many police officers were making over $100k. Good for them, I wouldn't want to do it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 31st, 2023 at 5:05:57 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: DRich
I was actually surprised to see that police officers made more money than I expected. I knew senior fire fighters make large money but didn't realize how many police officers were making over $100k. Good for them, I wouldn't want to do it.

My impression is the majority are military veterans.

So a vet is trained, possibly to kill, and comes back with not too many options for their skill.

If we have a country that focuses on policing the globe, then where do we place those when they get out?
January 31st, 2023 at 5:50:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
If the trend of defunding police continues along with the negative events the media chooses to publish, I'd begin to consider protecting the water and sanitation facilities by the local National Guard.

Because if crime gets out of hand (for example gangs), they could control an entire metro city by controlling those facilities.

Get in your bunker and don't leave the house
I have a fabulous trip planned this Spring all the way to Maine
Can't wait to get out this Spring
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 31st, 2023 at 5:50:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
If the trend of defunding police

What “trend” of defunding the police?

Where are the police actually being defunded? Didn’t Biden suggest that local governments use their excess Covid govt-money to fund the police?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 31st, 2023 at 5:52:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
My impression is the majority are military veterans.

So a vet is trained, possibly to kill, and comes back with not too many options for their skill.

If we have a country that focuses on policing the globe, then where do we place those when they get out?

Mostly dumb jocks with just a HS education
Most are so dumb, don't even know the law
Check 1st amendment audits on YouTube
Too many posted every single day
It's like shooting fish in a barrel
Shocking how stupid our cops are
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 31st, 2023 at 6:34:27 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: ams288

Where are the police actually being defunded? Didn’t Biden suggest that local governments use their excess Covid govt-money to fund the police?

It's only my opinion which could agree with this poll:

------------------------------------------------------------

"In a poll conducted by ABC News/Ipsos of 686 participants, on June 10–11, 34% of US adults supported "the movement to 'defund the police'" and 64% opposed it. Support was higher among black Americans (57%) than among whites (26%) and Hispanics (42%), and higher among Democrats (55%) than among Republicans or Independents."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think it became obvious with George Floyd's death.

So far, much of the defunding attitude seems to have mostly occurred in blue sanctuary cities, sometimes with politicians (like mayors) hiring private security for protection.

It's possible the actual funding for police can go up in expense in an area (YOY), but it can be less than the coverage of having flocks of illegals migrating there for ICE protection.

So the net effect is less police funding per actual population, not the census population, relative to the potential increase in police funding (inflation).

I wouldn't know what Biden states about police funding.

He has difficulty stringing together a coherent sentence.
January 31st, 2023 at 7:00:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288

It's only my opinion which could agree with this poll:

------------------------------------------------------------

"In a poll conducted by ABC News/Ipsos of 686 participants, on June 10–11, 34% of US adults supported "the movement to 'defund the police'" and 64% opposed it. Support was higher among black Americans (57%) than among whites (26%) and Hispanics (42%), and higher among Democrats (55%) than among Republicans or Independents."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think it became obvious with George Floyd's death.

So far, much of the defunding attitude seems to have mostly occurred in blue sanctuary cities, sometimes with politicians (like mayors) hiring private security for protection.

It's possible the actual funding for police can go up in expense in an area (YOY), but it can be less than the coverage of having flocks of illegals migrating there for ICE protection.

So the net effect is less police funding per actual population, not the census population, relative to the potential increase in police funding (inflation).

I wouldn't know what Biden states about police funding.

He has difficulty stringing together a coherent sentence.

So there is not actually a trend of defunding police departments.

Just a lot of chatter on cable news and various polls about it. Got it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 31st, 2023 at 7:15:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
If you are interested in disproving my opinion, I will read your data.
January 31st, 2023 at 7:23:09 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: terapined
Get in your bunker and don't leave the house
I have a fabulous trip planned this Spring all the way to Maine
Can't wait to get out this Spring

I'm not the type to hide from negative events.

Although, if I had a bunker and tornado coming my way, I'd get in the bunker when she arrived.