In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 7th, 2017 at 9:08:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ben Carson

There were other immigrants who came in the bottom of slave ships, who worked even longer, even harder, for less

Quote: Dalex64
What can you say about Ben Carson?

From the man who claimed that the pyramids were built by Joseph to store grain. (His quote: "My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain")

Samuel Jacksons response via twitter

"OK!! Ben Carson....I can't! Immigrants ? In the bottom of SLAVE SHIPS??!! MUTHAFUKKA PLEASE!!!"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 7th, 2017 at 10:14:05 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Evenbob
The big news today is, Aetna has dropped
from covering 15 states down to 4 states
in Obamacare and announced O-care
is in a 'death spiral'.

Trump unveiled his new healthcare bill. He's very proud of it. Trump's exact word to describe it is: "wonderful." Trump is a fake RINO, he's not a conservative. And boy oh boy, Trump's healthcare plan isn't conservative.

Quote: RedState
First, it does not repeal ObamaCare. It amends it. That is a violation of Republicans’ promise to the voter. Republicans promised to repeal ObamaCare. Not tinker with it, mess with it, or delay parts of it. Repeal it.

Second, it retains ObamaCare’s subsidies, calling them “refundable tax credits.” You may have read elsewhere that the subsidies are gone — but really, they have merely been tinkered with. Refundable tax credits are subsidies, plain and simple. They are handouts from the government because you get cash even if the credit is larger than what you owe. In some areas, the subsidies are even more generous than Obama’s.

Does Ann Coulter know that this bill is Trump's baby?
March 7th, 2017 at 11:14:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
Trump unveiled his new healthcare bill.

I christen thee Trumpbamacare.

By all measures, given the early info on it (if you can call leaks info), it shouldn't pass in a million years.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 8th, 2017 at 7:52:51 AM permalink
reno
So do some of the Republican-leaning members of this forum have any compliments, concerns, or criticisms of Trump's new "wonderful" healthcare plan?

Will it pass? Absolutely not. I suspect Trump won't work very hard to sell this plan. I could see him deciding that it's more trouble than it's worth and walking away from it. I can't imagine he takes this governing crap too seriously. There are more pressing issues on Trump's agenda-- his Twitter feuds with Rosie, Schwarzenegger, Meryl Streep, etc.
March 8th, 2017 at 7:58:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
So do some of the Republican-leaning members of this forum have any compliments, concerns, or criticisms of Trump's new "wonderful" healthcare plan?

This should be discussed in one of the many Trump threads, not here.
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2017 at 8:01:18 AM permalink
Nareed
Will it pass? Absolutely not.

It might.

How? By letting the Democrats be responsible for not passing it. If they don't play ball, the GOP may pass it.

But the chances are very low.

Either way, the Democrats should step aside and demand a vote on it. Some of them should even vote for it.
March 8th, 2017 at 8:20:54 AM permalink
reno
Quote: AZDuffman
This should be discussed in one of the many Trump threads, not here.

It's on the front page of every newspaper in America. Is it not appropriate to discuss a major policy initiative of the sitting United States President in a thread titled "In The News Today"?

Sorry I didn't start off with a trigger warning, lots of snowflakes looking for a safe space.
March 8th, 2017 at 8:24:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Is it not appropriate to discuss a major policy initiative of the sitting United States President in a thread titled "In The News Today"?

No. This thread was designed for misc items that might or might not have legs for more than a few posts. Like the leasing a dog thing.

Trump is POTUS and has his own threads, so Trump items should be posted there so as to avoid hijacking this thread, which everyone seems to like for the variety.
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2017 at 8:27:48 AM permalink
Nareed
It's on the front page of every newspaper in America.

It's going to be pretty hard to hide it is that is so.

Maybe just call it "fake news" ?
March 8th, 2017 at 9:38:08 AM permalink
reno
Like the leasing a dog thing.

Snowflake- This thread is often about politics: Trump, Obama, Clinton you name it. The very first post on this thread was about Benghazi.

Trump items should be posted there so as to avoid hijacking this thread.

Snowflake- It's going to be ok. This thread can survive a few posts about healthcare.