In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 14th, 2017 at 10:48:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff

This was a nutcase shooting at a baseball game probably for reasons he felt were perfectly sensible.

Yes. Richard Madcow lied to him every
day since the election that Trump stole
it with the Russians. No proof, not the
tiniest amount of truth in her lies, but this
guy took matters into his own hands
when another lie, that Comey was
going to bring Trump down, didn't
happen. Made perfect sense to him
to do what he did.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 14th, 2017 at 11:15:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Yes. Richard Madcow lied to him every
day since the election that Trump stole
it with the Russians. No proof, not the
tiniest amount of truth in her lies, but this
guy took matters into his own hands
when another lie, that Comey was
going to bring Trump down, didn't
happen. Made perfect sense to him
to do what he did.

Boy has Rachel gotten under EB's skin
According to EB now, every nut case in the country is Maddows fault.
Who knew she had so much power
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 15th, 2017 at 2:36:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Naw, I don't care about their outrage. I already know what people choose to point out and when.

When you've never been the first to point out certain items, until someone else brings them up you should probably not be accusing people of being more callous than you are.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming the high ground here, just other people stop being even more clueless.

hey it's cool not to speak up

Stick your indignation right you know where.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2017 at 5:44:15 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The higher the volume of the nastiness in "Free Speech", the more likely someone will act on it. Yes, the dude was a certified mini-man fruitcake nutso freak. He was radicalized by the way he heard the hate speech of the side he supported. Bernie Sanders did not incite him to violence, nor did Hillary, Donald, Barack, or anyone else--that all happened in his tiny mind. The problem is that the louder the volume of the nastiness, the more nut jobs that will act out what they think they need to do.

Being allowed to say anything you want (with very few boundaries) does have consequences. Saying that you hate Trump or Obama is pretty worthless overall...except to incite, well, hatred. It would be better if we were focused on the solution to the problem.

For example, if you have a problem with President Trump, your hateful comments about wanting him dead and all of that crap are the kind of stuff idiots see and act on. The same goes the other way, of course. The volume of the nastiness keeps getting turned up administration after administration and collectively, we are too stupid to get it. I am personally going to work on not saying anything nasty to the level of wishing ill on others (any more than the loss of the next election, the failure of a bill, etc.) but to oppose the people who espouse positions that I do not agree with.

"Free Speech" comes with a responsibility to temper it to civil speech or risk inciting nastiness and, potentially, violence. Violence is not the answer to not liking the President, be he a Democrat or Republican.
June 15th, 2017 at 6:23:32 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: kenarman
I find it quite disturbing that the lefties on the board can't see the connection between the overtop public Trump hating by them and the shootings today.

More disturbing than the over the top hateful rhetoric your precious Golden Boy and his Republicans heap against immigrants, Mexicans, African Americans, gays, lesbians and transgender?

BTW, no one tried to shoot Trump.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 15th, 2017 at 6:32:51 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC

"Free Speech" comes with a responsibility to temper it to civil speech or risk inciting nastiness and, potentially, violence. Violence is not the answer to not liking the President, be he a Democrat or Republican.

The internet is what it is
Sure the internet is nasty but its a reflection of the people itself.
The guy was mostly on the internet
Why EB brings up Rachel Maddow is a real mystery
The guy didn't watch TV, he was on the internet all the time. He lived out of a van and used YMCA wifi
There is absolutely nothing you can do sbout the nastiness of the internet. We have a president thst uses the internet to troll nastiness
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 15th, 2017 at 6:41:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

Why EB brings up Rachel Maddow is a real mystery

Only a mystery to a totally dense person. Are you like 20 years old and do not remember the 1990s?

All we heard was "hate talk" about Limbaugh and others. Liberals could not compete on their merits so they called it "hate talk."

I showed you the link of Bill Clinton himself blaming talk radio for OK City.

Now a liberal is watching liberal hate talk and acted on it. So EB is just following the same line.

Get it now?
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2017 at 6:56:21 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman

Now a liberal is watching liberal hate talk and acted on it. So EB is just following the same line.

Get it now?

How do you know he was watching Rachel Maddow
????????????
He lived in a van
How many vans have cable?
ROTFL
Looks like he was using YMCA wifi
Just so funny AZ and EB going bonkers over this
Rachel is the cause yet he probably doesn't watch Rachel
WTF, talk about illogical AZ and EB
June 15th, 2017 at 7:00:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Now a liberal is watching liberal hate talk and acted on it.

Defining Rachel Maddow as liberal "hate talk" is a stretch. A HUUUUUUUGE stretch.

Our President is under criminal investigation. Accurately reporting on that is not "hate talk." It's reality. Get over it.

Unless you have some specific examples you can point to of her "hate talk?" But I'm not gonna hold my breath...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 15th, 2017 at 7:22:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Defining Rachel Maddow as liberal "hate talk" is a stretch. A HUUUUUUUGE stretch.

No more of a stretch than when Limbaug was called hate talk. She is probably closer to hate talk, actually.

Liberals cannot handle when their own talk comes back to bite them.
The President is a fink.