In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 30th, 2017 at 1:10:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
This is, in fact, not a fact.

Fact is it IS a fact.

Go look up the cost for a sex change. Both initial and lifetime. And it is a 100% elective cost.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2017 at 1:22:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
It seems that navigation was one of those things that would come to them as they went along.
Did they even have a copy of "Bowditch's American Practical Navigator" with them?

As I have spoken to several, " If you are going to be this stupid, you have got to be lucky"

Quote:
the inability to diagnose and cure the storm-related engine problems,
I wonder if it will end up being just the need for a new fuel filter?

Quote:
Some still think it was a stunt but I now believe it was a "lets buy a boat and learn how to become sailors".
I think everyone would like to know exactly how they acquired that much fresh water? Even if the vessel had a water maker, it needed power of some kind.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 30th, 2017 at 1:39:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Fact is it IS a fact.

Go look up the cost for a sex change. Both initial and lifetime. And it is a 100% elective cost.

Total military spending on erectile dysfunction medications: $84 million annually

Estimated military cost of gender-transition related medical treatment: $2.4-8.4 million annually

Take a seat, Duffy. I love it when you're dead wrong.

Source
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2017 at 1:58:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Total military spending on erectile dysfunction medications: $84 million annually

Estimated military cost of gender-transition related medical treatment: $2.4-8.4 million annually

Take a seat, Duffy. I love it when you're dead wrong.

Source

Total cost is not how you measure it. You need to figure cost per person. Far more guys with ED than who want to mutilate themselves.

Dead wrong? Nice try. I am not a liberal who just thinks on one level.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2017 at 2:07:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Fleastiff
It seems that navigation was one of those things that would come to them as they went along. The solar panel topped off the batteries but did not power any instruments or devices directly. I think this was simply a case of 'neophytes' with the emphasis on 'neo'. They were lucky.

The US Naval Institute publicized this as a 'mission capable, anywhere, anytime' sort of thing and did not delve into the lack of preparedness but the general yachting community is amazed at the inability to jury rig sails, the inability to diagnose and cure the storm-related engine problems, the general lack of common sense.

Some still think it was a stunt but I now believe it was a "lets buy a boat and learn how to become sailors".

They had a lot of experience having been to sea numerous times and always slept in the captains cabin. What more do you need to know to sail ;-)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 30th, 2017 at 2:35:21 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Prejudice is impervious to facts.

Otherwise it cannot exist.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 30th, 2017 at 2:37:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Total cost is not how you measure it. You need to figure cost per person. Far more guys with ED than who want to mutilate themselves.

Dead wrong? Nice try. I am not a liberal who just thinks on one level.

Nice attempt at moving the goal posts. But you've failed.

Fact is these people are going to be a huge medical expense for the taxpayer, something the military needs to avoid.

You've gone from "huge medical expense for the taxpayer" (which is wrong and what I initially pointed out is NOT a fact) to "figure out cost per person" and compare it to guys with ED.

It's okay to admit you're wrong sometimes. Maybe go back to a topic you know like downing smoothies to lose weight.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2017 at 2:41:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Nice attempt at moving the goal posts. But you've failed.

You've gone from "huge medical expense for the taxpayer" (which is wrong and what I initially pointed out is NOT a fact) to "figure out cost per person" and compare it to guys with ED.

It's okay to admit you're wrong sometimes. Maybe go back to a topic you know like downing smoothies to lose weight.

I have failed at nothing. Each person is a huge medical expense to the taxpayers. And for no good reason. You can play your little games all you want. Even $100,000 per person is money that can't be spent in something more useful, which is anything, or some veteran more deserving, which is any vet. All of your LGBT lobbying is not going to change those facts.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2017 at 3:21:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I have failed at nothing. Each person is a huge medical expense to the taxpayers. And for no good reason. You can play your little games all you want. Even $100,000 per person is money that can't be spent in something more useful, which is anything, or some veteran more deserving, which is any vet. All of your LGBT lobbying is not going to change those facts.

Each Trans is not a huge expense
Of all the trans in the Military, only 2% will seek medical transition
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 30th, 2017 at 4:57:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Fact As to unit cohesion, if you cannot see the problem then you have let PC blind you.

If you can't deal with a transgender person on the same side as you, I sure would consider you unfit to deal with things you will encounter in war.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?