In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 7th, 2018 at 4:20:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Trump works 18 hour days and has all his life. If he gets it done on the golf course that is fine with me. Not like he is some low level college law professor who has to be in his classroom, office, or faculty lounge.

There is absolutely no evidence that he works 18 hour days.

But there is plenty of evidence that he works roughly 4 hour days. Axios got ahold of his official daily schedule for this week.

Scoop: Trump's secret, shrinking schedule

Quote:
President Trump is starting his official day much later than he did in the early days of his presidency, often around 11am, and holding far fewer meetings, according to copies of his private schedule shown to Axios. This is largely to meet Trump’s demands for more “Executive Time,” which almost always means TV and Twitter time alone in the residence, officials tell us.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2018 at 5:05:16 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288

No one except the very poor work such schedules. it's a ridiculous claim by his cultists to make.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 7th, 2018 at 5:34:09 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
No one except the very poor work such schedules. it's a ridiculous claim by his cultists to make.

Many of the worlds richest men have 60+ hour work weeks. I have no idea what Trump works but your claim that only the poor work long days is also a ridiculous claim.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 7th, 2018 at 6:03:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I don't agree with that. I think a lot of very successful people have had years in their lives when they worked crazy hours like that.\
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2018 at 6:27:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: DRich
I don't agree with that. I think a lot of very successful people have had years in their lives when they worked crazy hours like that.\

Think about it.

Lots of people occasionally put such long hours. I've had days longer than that myself. And I mean working time, not counting meals, showers, commute or sleep. Anyone who does that every day for long would wind up dead in a few weeks. Alas, that's not how the Orange Manchild has wound up so far.
January 7th, 2018 at 7:00:09 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Think about it.

Lots of people occasionally put such long hours. I've had days longer than that myself. And I mean working time, not counting meals, showers, commute or sleep. Anyone who does that every day for long would wind up dead in a few weeks. Alas, that's not how the Orange Manchild has wound up so far.

That is simply not true Nareed, "Dead in a few weeks". I worked 60 to 70 hours a week myself when I had 50 employees. Yes I took holidays when I was able but I would work months of hours like that with only the odd day off and ocassionaly slack off to an 8 hour day. Many of the of the self made millionaires are well documented as working long hours 7 days a week and well past what normal people would consider retirement age.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 7th, 2018 at 8:56:19 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Depends on 'work'. Naval officers prior to Midway and on the search for the Yamamoto were putting in phenommenol hours. Some entrepreneurs keep going because its their hobby. Some restauranteurs and bar owners simply can't afford to be away from putting out fires. NPR just did a rehash of an AF missile tech's slight over time mishap that nearly caused a nuclear detonation in Arkansas.
January 8th, 2018 at 6:41:47 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288

But there is plenty of evidence that he works roughly 4 hour days. Axios got ahold of his official daily schedule for this week.

Scoop: Trump's secret, shrinking schedule

Evidence, or no evidence, won't convince the people who believe he is the hardest working person in the world, who puts in more working hours than any president, never takes vacations, and golfs much less than Obama.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 8th, 2018 at 6:49:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Dalex64
Evidence, or no evidence, won't convince the people who believe he is the hardest working person in the world, who puts in more working hours than any president, never takes vacations, and golfs much less than Obama.

Especially when you consider they think his job ins't governing the country, but pissing off people they don't like. That makes his Tweeter time sacrosanct.
January 8th, 2018 at 6:50:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

Because you build and run a billion dollar empire by sitting around all day?

We heard this same silliness about Reagan. The parallels keep getting more and more. It is liberals wishful thinking.
The President is a fink.