In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 9th, 2018 at 9:14:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
"the Left" is not one entity with one universal and identical opinion.

The Left was and is universal in how they attack any Republican. They call him insane, dangerous, and stupid. Happens as soon as any GOP frontrunner emerges. How they describe Trump is so similar to how they described Reagan it is scary.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2018 at 10:03:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
The Left was and is universal in how they attack any Republican. They call him insane, dangerous, and stupid. Happens as soon as any GOP frontrunner emerges.

The GOP should stop picking insane, dangerous, and stupid men as their nominees.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 9th, 2018 at 10:08:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
The GOP should stop picking insane, dangerous, and stupid men as their nominees.

They can. I mean, there was Dole, Romney, Ford, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and I'm sure a few others...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 9th, 2018 at 10:16:19 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The Left was and is universal in how they attack any Republican. They call him insane, dangerous, and stupid. Happens as soon as any GOP frontrunner emerges. How they describe Trump is so similar to how they described Reagan it is scary.

Perhaps your definition of what "The Left" is, is different than mine.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 9th, 2018 at 10:31:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Perhaps your definition of what "The Left" is, is different than mine.

Might be. I consider "the left" to be the group left-of-center who are generally Democrat and generally are against most of the positions of those right-of-center, usually GOP positions, or "the right."
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2018 at 10:47:02 AM permalink
Dalex64
Might be. I consider "the left" to be the group left-of-center who are generally Democrat and generally are against most of the positions of those right-of-center, usually GOP positions, or "the right."

Then I dispute that all of them share or express some of the extreme opinions that you and EvenBob attribute to them as one unified and united group.

I don't know if you consider me part of "The Left" or not, but I'm certainly left of both you and evenbob, and I don't personally believe in or express many of the opinions that you attribute to the group.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 9th, 2018 at 10:53:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Then I dispute that all of them share or express some of the extreme opinions that you and EvenBob attribute to them as one unified and united group.

EB and I are generally speaking. We are not going to take the time to say, "this liberal said this, back in 1983 this liberal said that......" Generally speaking most of them share most of the same opinions, this is how any political group ends up. We are having political discussion on a forum, not writing a book of interviews with 1,000 people.

Quote:
I don't know if you consider me part of "The Left" or not, but I'm certainly left of both you and evenbob, and I don't personally believe in or express many of the opinions that you attribute to the group.

Then as my schoolteachers used to say, if you are not part of the problem then I am not talking to you. But the fact remains, liberals are exhibiting the same behavior patterns that they did in the 1980s and 2000s. Same playbook. It does not matter that each and every liberal is not doing it, the group is doing it as a group.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2018 at 11:28:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is getting really good. First all
qualified Dems were told to stand
aside for Obama in 2008. Then
they were told to stand aside for
Her in 2016. Now the qualified Dems,
the real Dems who know what they're
doing, are being told to stand aside
for another O, The Opie.

It's a free car for everybody, America.

LOLOL!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 9th, 2018 at 11:42:39 AM permalink
Dalex64
EB and I are generally speaking. We are not going to take the time to say, "this liberal said this, back in 1983 this liberal said that......" Generally speaking most of them share most of the same opinions, this is how any political group ends up. We are having political discussion on a forum, not writing a book of interviews with 1,000 people.

Then as my schoolteachers used to say, if you are not part of the problem then I am not talking to you. But the fact remains, liberals are exhibiting the same behavior patterns that they did in the 1980s and 2000s. Same playbook. It does not matter that each and every liberal is not doing it, the group is doing it as a group.

Fine then. Americans want legal marijuana (60%+ support). Americans don't want a wall (60%+ oppose). Americans favor the same or increased medicare and medicate spending. Americans support legal abortions in all or most situations. Americans support the affordable care act.

Generally speaking.
January 9th, 2018 at 11:51:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Fine then. Americans want legal marijuana (60%+ support). Americans don't want a wall (60%+ oppose). Americans favor the same or increased medicare and medicate spending. Americans support legal abortions in all or most situations. Americans support the affordable care act.

Generally speaking.

And I hear liberals quote the way you just quoted all time. Have you not heard the same?

What is it about speaking generally that gets you so upset?
The President is a fink.