In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 9th, 2018 at 6:06:04 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Based on your posts over the years, I do not believe it. Maybe to get into the local country club, but Republicans do not defend Bill Clinton's proven sexual harassment then go ape over Trump's alleged behavior. Just one of many, many examples.

Did you vote for Dole? Bush? McCain? Romney? Trump?

Each his own. I do not feel the need to do this as my take is people understand a general comment and read things in context. IOW, I am posting on a forum, not writing a term paper. I wrote my last term paper 25 years ago. Forums are more casual language.

Peace.

I don't have to justify myself to you. I'm talking about what Dalex is, that you make sweeping judgments and generalizations that are patently false.

The ballot box is secret for a reason. However, I will say I voted since 1976 presidential for 3 Republicans, 6 democrats, and 1 independent.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 9th, 2018 at 7:55:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Between Walmart and Kroger, 500 stores are about to ditch cashiers

Replaced by scanners.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/between-walmart-and-kroger-500-stores-are-about-to-ditch-cashiers/ar-BBIb5ED?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2018 at 2:44:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
I don't have to justify myself to you. I'm talking about what Dalex is, that you make sweeping judgments and generalizations that are patently false.

The ballot box is secret for a reason. However, I will say I voted since 1976 presidential for 3 Republicans, 6 democrats, and 1 independent.

I do not care if you justify yourself to me or not. I am simply stating that I do not believe you when you claim to be a Republican. I add that for some reason since 2000, I have found that liberals online for some reason like to claim they are Republicans and were until Bush, Trump, or Gingrich. I don't know why, but they do. I can and do call them out on it.

BTW: Someone who votes over 2:1 against a GOP POTUS candidate is not really a Republican except as a RINO.

As to generalizations, mine are true. It is not like a math problem where if you find one exception then it is always wrong. For example, when I say, "heterosexual white males do not like to dance." Just because you know one or a few who do does not make mine an incorrect statement. Anyone who has been out in the world knows straight white guys do not like the dance floor, and their women will say how they have to drag them there.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2018 at 11:10:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anyone who has been out in the world knows straight white guys do not like the dance floor,

Never known a non Gay white guy
that liked dancing in my life. I hate
it, makes me feel like an idiot.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2018 at 11:20:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Never known a non Gay white guy
that liked dancing in my life. I hate
it, makes me feel like an idiot.

Many will meet or deal with it to meet and impress women. If you asked them privately almost all would be happy to never see a dance floor again.

People ask me why I hate it. Simple answer. Because it is stupid.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2018 at 12:09:52 PM permalink
Evenbob

People ask me why I hate it. Simple answer. Because it is stupid.

I know a guy who's a dance instructor
at a studio. He looks like an idiot out
there with his partner, flailing around.

I like Fred Astaire, but that's more art
than dancing. That's why so few can
do it at that level. I like dancing in
musicals, but again, that's an art form.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2018 at 1:05:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Poll: Oprah Beats Trump 48-38 with Likely Voters in 2020 Election

There it is, this is happening. Pocahontas
is having a fit of disbelief. Real Dem contenders
are irate. Two never elected TV reality people
taking all the oxygen. It's wonderful.
January 10th, 2018 at 1:17:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I do not care if you justify yourself to me or not. I am simply stating that I do not believe you when you claim to be a Republican. I add that for some reason since 2000, I have found that liberals online for some reason like to claim they are Republicans and were until Bush, Trump, or Gingrich. I don't know why, but they do. I can and do call them out on it.

BTW: Someone who votes over 2:1 against a GOP POTUS candidate is not really a Republican except as a RINO.

As to generalizations, mine are true. It is not like a math problem where if you find one exception then it is always wrong. For example, when I say, "heterosexual white males do not like to dance." Just because you know one or a few who do does not make mine an incorrect statement. Anyone who has been out in the world knows straight white guys do not like the dance floor, and their women will say how they have to drag them there.

If Republicans had not, beginning in 1980, pushed ridiculous socially oppressive planks into their party platform, more of their candidates (but still not all) would have gotten my vote.

You continue to delude yourself into thinking a Republican is required to be exactly like you. Keep your divisive labels and namecalling to yourself. Many of those you call rino's are working from within to mitigate your most oppressive and repulsive impulses, staying truer to traditional Republican values of small government and fiscal responsibility than you do .

Chances are, you're going to be irrelevant soon anyway, as all factions except the extreme right continue to vacate their Republican seats due to your faction's policies and attitudes. Another one today: Darrell Issa (CA) is leaving.

It will take a while, maybe a decade of unraveling Gerrymandering (see:NC court decision yesterday, etc) and overcoming 30 years of programmed-in hate and resentment (see: Ailes fired+dies, O'Reilly fired, etc), but it's coming.

Everyone who isn't in lockstep with you isn't a "leftie". But the things you write indicate you think they are. And that perspective will possibly be the death of the Republican party. Those registering Republican have gone from about 43% of eligible voters 40 years ago to about 24% now (with Democrats seeing a similar but less severe trend, overall higher percentages mid 30s). Most Independents (around 40% now) skew Democratic when asked to choose.

(Recall the 43% stat from the time, can't find stats dating that far back. Link below is monthly polling on it from 2004-2017, clearly shows trend. All indications are trend is continuing and accelerating as Republican brand becomes toxic.)

http://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

So, I might have to finally give up the good fight from within and change affiliation at some point soon. However, as long as my state of residence continues to hold closed primaries, I will keep my party card. No chance I will allow my right to vote be restricted like that, and many races here are decided at the primary level.

Case in point: Alabama. If Strange had won the primary, he would have won the general special election. Moore win, and was so toxic Alabama went blue.

Gotta vote. Can't be shut out of those important decisions.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 10th, 2018 at 1:36:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
When should Bannon announce he's challenging Trump for the 2020 nomination?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 10th, 2018 at 2:10:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Think the Opie isn't running?

Oprah Winfrey posts video of herself wading through mud in flood-ravaged Montecito, California

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/news/oprah-winfrey-posts-video-of-herself-wading-through-mud-in-flood-ravaged-montecito-california/