In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 10th, 2018 at 2:18:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
You continue to delude yourself into thinking a Republican is required to be exactly like you.

Not at all. But I expect them to support most planks of conservatism. I have yet to see you support any of them.

Quote:
Chances are, you're going to be irrelevant soon anyway, as all factions except the extreme right continue to vacate their Republican seats due to your faction's policies and attitudes. Another one today: Darrell Issa (CA) is leaving.

Good. A cleaning out of the deadwood. Draining of the swamp. Been hearing that "the rightward drift of the party will kill it" for 24 years now. Yet somehow while your boy Obama was in office, the GOP managed to pick up 1,000 seats nationwide, the most in 100 years.

Quote:
It will take a while, maybe a decade of unraveling Gerrymandering (see:NC court decision yesterday, etc) and overcoming 30 years of programmed-in hate and resentment (see: Ailes fired+dies, O'Reilly fired, etc), but it's coming.

My point again. These are liberal talking points. And you keep wondering why I will not accept your claim to be a Republican. As to Gerrymandering, the Democrats love it for minority-majority districts. Getting rid of it would indeed get rid of liberal kooks who think Guam might tip over.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2018 at 2:27:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Switzerland Rejects Citizenship Bids of Residents Who Have Been on Welfare

POTUS Trump, please check this out!
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2018 at 3:41:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: beachbumbabs
If Republicans had not, beginning in 1980, pushed ridiculous socially oppressive planks into their party platform, more of their candidates (but still not all) would have gotten my vote.

You continue to delude yourself into thinking a Republican is required to be exactly like you. Keep your divisive labels and namecalling to yourself. Many of those you call rino's are working from within to mitigate your most oppressive and repulsive impulses, staying truer to traditional Republican values of small government and fiscal responsibility than you do .

Chances are, you're going to be irrelevant soon anyway, as all factions except the extreme right continue to vacate their Republican seats due to your faction's policies and attitudes. Another one today: Darrell Issa (CA) is leaving.

It will take a while, maybe a decade of unraveling Gerrymandering (see:NC court decision yesterday, etc) and overcoming 30 years of programmed-in hate and resentment (see: Ailes fired+dies, O'Reilly fired, etc), but it's coming.

Everyone who isn't in lockstep with you isn't a "leftie". But the things you write indicate you think they are. And that perspective will possibly be the death of the Republican party. Those registering Republican have gone from about 43% of eligible voters 40 years ago to about 24% now (with Democrats seeing a similar but less severe trend, overall higher percentages mid 30s). Most Independents (around 40% now) skew Democratic when asked to choose.

(Recall the 43% stat from the time, can't find stats dating that far back. Link below is monthly polling on it from 2004-2017, clearly shows trend. All indications are trend is continuing and accelerating as Republican brand becomes toxic.)

http://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

So, I might have to finally give up the good fight from within and change affiliation at some point soon. However, as long as my state of residence continues to hold closed primaries, I will keep my party card. No chance I will allow my right to vote be restricted like that, and many races here are decided at the primary level.

Case in point: Alabama. If Strange had won the primary, he would have won the general special election. Moore win, and was so toxic Alabama went blue.

Gotta vote. Can't be shut out of those important decisions.

AZ EB live in small fantasy world where all republicans vote republican and think like them
I voted for Dole over Bill Clinton
I was a republican
Eb told me I was a lib all my life and no way I ever voted republican
WTF. EB has never been in a voting booth with me yet insists he knows me better then myself who I have voted for in the past.
Its just so absurd the fantasy world EB lives in where he knows better then me my voting past. Just absurd
I voted Republican in the past for a lower deficit and don't trust Russia
No way I would vote Republican today, Deficit will balloon under this new tax plan and republicans are weak on Russia, real real weak. Pansy weak.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 10th, 2018 at 3:42:40 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Not at all. But I expect them to support most planks of conservatism. I have yet to see you support any of them.

Good. A cleaning out of the deadwood. Draining of the swamp. Been hearing that "the rightward drift of the party will kill it" for 24 years now. Yet somehow while your boy Obama was in office, the GOP managed to pick up 1,000 seats nationwide, the most in 100 years.

My point again. These are liberal talking points. And you keep wondering why I will not accept your claim to be a Republican. As to Gerrymandering, yre the Democrats love it for minority-majority districts. Getting rid of it would indeed get rid of liberal kooks who think Guam might tip over.

You might label them lib talking points, but they're facts Republicans should be the first to see and act on. Please, do keep scoffing and ignoring them.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 10th, 2018 at 3:54:26 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
I voted for Dole over Bill Clinton

In Jove's name, WHY? :)

Quote:
I voted Republican in the past for a lower deficit and don't trust Russia

I'll give you Russia, but it was Clinton who cut down the deficit. No modern GOP president has even come close. You can excuse Bush the younger a little due to the September 11 attacks, but not for the massive foreign intervention and the Iraq War.

Quote:
No way I would vote Republican today, Deficit will balloon under this new tax plan and republicans are weak on Russia, real real weak. Pansy weak.

Oh, they'll go strong on Russia the minute Putin backs a Democrat.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 10th, 2018 at 4:40:19 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
How many of those seats were gained through gerrymandering? Looks like most of them
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 10th, 2018 at 4:45:48 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
How many of those seats were gained through gerrymandering? Looks like most of them

Partisan Gerrymandering is about to become and endangered species:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/federal-court-strikes-down-north-carolina-congressional-districts-as-partisan-gerrymandering/
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 10th, 2018 at 5:30:38 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Trump
When they have no collusion … it seems unlikely that you'd even have an interview.

And if there is an interview...?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 10th, 2018 at 5:48:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

There is no way Trump would let Mueller interview him
Trump knows he is not smart enough to take a grilling
Hillary can take a grilling, saw it on the Benghazi hearings.
Trump is just too dumb to get a grilling and he knows it
He will do EVERYTHING to avoid having to talk to Mueller
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 10th, 2018 at 5:55:36 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
If there is an interview. . .
However it goes, whatever is said, whether the world is watching or locked out. . . trumpy would come out and say 15 times that it went well. The interview went very well. it was very clear, I'm a great man, very stable, very intelligent. Like really smart. There's no collusion. Mueller has proved there's no collusion. It's all been a witch hunt and I'm sure the American people are all pleased that 'there's no colusion and we can , there was no collusion, it's been proved that there was no collusion, Robert Mueller did a great and difficult job, at vast taxpayer expense. But now we can look into the real issue. We'll see more soon, Mueller needs to be replaced, he's earned a rest. I'm today going to talk to my AG, about setting up a special prosecuter, to go over Mueller's work and follow up on the leads about Hillary Clinton's email server. Bad, very bad. And there was no collusion. And the FBI proved it. But the FBI has some bad people and I'll have my people review their people. Any questions. . . Thank you, goodbye...

Mr President. Mr President....?