In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 10th, 2018 at 6:04:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

No way I would vote Republican today,

I really think this is what is wrong with our political systems. Many people will discount a candidate based on their party label as opposed to getting to know the candidates. There are probably lots of republicans that you would correlate strongly with. Personally, I am an advocate of removing party affiliation from the ballot. People should vote for the candidates they know, not a stereotype.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 10th, 2018 at 6:17:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: OnceDear
If there is an interview. . .
However it goes, whatever is said, whether the world is watching or locked out. . . trumpy would come out and say 15 times that it went well. The interview went very well. it was very clear, I'm a great man, very stable, very intelligent. Like really smart. There's no collusion. Mueller has proved there's no collusion. It's all been a witch hunt and I'm sure the American people are all pleased that 'there's no colusion and we can , there was no collusion, it's been proved that there was no collusion, Robert Mueller did a great and difficult job, at vast taxpayer expense. But now we can look into the real issue. We'll see more soon, Mueller needs to be replaced, he's earned a rest. I'm today going to talk to my AG, about setting up a special prosecuter, to go over Mueller's work and follow up on the leads about Hillary Clinton's email server. Bad, very bad. And there was no collusion. And the FBI proved it. But the FBI has some bad people and I'll have my people review their people. Any questions. . . Thank you, goodbye...

Mr President. Mr President....?
That was very good. On the caliber of SNL.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 10th, 2018 at 7:06:40 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
While he is completely fixated with "no collusion" maybe they will skip to another C-word: conspiracy.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 10th, 2018 at 7:13:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'd love to hear Trump under oath, not just an interview. Since there is some danger in any lies regardless of how small. It's hard to imagine someone who has said so many contradictory and untrue things could keep anything straight even if he tries.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2018 at 7:33:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I'd love to hear Trump under oath,.

Why. As somebody that sues, and gets
sued, for a living, for the last 45 years,
you think he doesn't know the in's and out's
of speaking under oath? He's
an expert at it, all businessmen
of his caliber have to be, or they
go down hard. He also knows to avoid
it if at all possible, as do his lawyers.

How many lawsuits has Trump been
involved in. Hundreds and hundreds,
if not thousands. Guys like him sue
constantly, they have to, it's part of
business.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2018 at 8:00:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Business men don't have thousands of hours of public comments on record.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2018 at 9:38:57 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I'd love to hear Trump under oath on a polygraph test.

Fixed that for you.
January 10th, 2018 at 9:41:11 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I'm sure he will eventually testify in person, under oath, and there will be a tape that will become part of the public record. Whether it will be voluntary or by subpoena idk. He would be smarter to go voluntary, because if he's subpoenaed, he will face the GJ with no lawyer.

There's a lot we don't know. But there's a reason for all they've told us so far.

DJT jr. is in peril. Kushner is in peril. Leverage.

Not limited to collusion, either.

Obstruction of justice seems most likely.
Collusion next likely.
Money laundering is very possible.
Some combination.

He doesn't know what Flynn has told them. Or most of the other testimony. Seems very likely they have a lot of traps they can lay, with his casual relation to truth, comparing other testimony to what he says.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 10th, 2018 at 9:51:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Imagine you have a witness in court who has made contradictory and provably false statements at least hundreds of times. What good is his credibility on anything?

Pretty sure they've destroyed other witnesses with less than half what Trump will be bringing to the table.

And this is before we even get to whatever the actual case is about.
January 11th, 2018 at 2:40:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Personally, I am an advocate of removing party affiliation from the ballot. People should vote for the candidates they know, not a stereotype.

Would never work. People group together with other people of common interests. Always will.
The President is a fink.