In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 3rd, 2018 at 5:31:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
Has anyone managed to finish yawning about the memo?

I haven't finished laughing yet.

Dear righties: next time, maybe don't place all your hopes for saving Donald from Mueller on this guy:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2018 at 12:51:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Paul Ryan tried selling the tax bill on Twitter today. It DID NOT go well.

He deleted the tweet shortly after everyone started making fun of it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2018 at 1:01:37 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
aint as good as this tweet.......................
u still pissed about this too LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 4th, 2018 at 12:23:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Olympic doctor Nassar had 265 victims during the time the FBI knew of his activities during their ponderously slow "investigation".
See Boston Globe.
February 4th, 2018 at 8:16:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
I haven't finished laughing yet.

Well, when you do, read these:

Your memo is so childish, Roy Moore tried to date it .

Your memo is so stupid, it's like Trump had another son.

Your memo is so ignorant, it could replace Trump as president.

Your memo is so incompetent, it was appointed Secretary of State.

There are a bunch in Tweeter.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 4th, 2018 at 9:42:13 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
your memo is so phony, it was nominated for an Oscar.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 4th, 2018 at 10:56:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: beachbumbabs
I'm not economically savvy enough to refute this, but 4th quarter fy 2017 growth was 2.6%, so I don't really see how they think it will more than double in the very next quarter.

Hard to get excited about a prediction. Results speak much more loudly.

You several members in general who wave the Trump flag so patriotically, I just don't understand. The long game is obvious. Trump's intent is to destroy all the checks and balances on the presidency, which is our democracy's differentiating feature from a monarchy or autocracy.

1. Undermine the free speech and freedom of the press guarantees in the constitution. Discredit dissenters, obfuscate facts, lie, lie, lie. Etc.

2. Undermine the judicial. Disregard rulings, discredit judges, backdoor intent to protect citizens rights. Etc.

3. Undermine DOJ /FBI /national law enforcement. Keep firing people who act independently or hold their obligation to defend the constitution above personal loyalty to him. Etc.

4. Undermine Congress. Disregard a 419-5 joint congressional law requiring sactions against our enemy, Russia. Disrespect and insult its members. Etc.

What do these 4 groups have in common? Each can bring down or curtail a president attempting to be a king or dictator. And just about the only groups who can, short of a people's revolution or civil war.

I fervently hope mid-term elections bring a divided government. I don't think the Republicans have the backbone to stop this.

I do not 'wave the Trump flag', but still have a few comments to those who 'wave the anti-Trump flag' like you do.

1. Trump does NOTHING to stifle a free press, quite the contrary, he brings it under scrutiny, and makes it accountable. And his keeping the press in the news probably makes MORE Americans involved in keeping up with current events. Which news story negative to Trump has been suppressed? Quite the contrary, in no time in our history has the press been MORE aggressive. There is MORE free speech under Trump, not less.

2 and 3. Aren't there MORE investigations, inquiries, etc.. under Trump than any other president? Haven't there already been MORE convictions, plea deals, etc.. during the Trump presidency than others'?

4. I really wish I understood this better. People keep saying Trump is "disregarding a law". If so, can he not be charged with something? Or is it not a "law", but something open to he president's interpretation? Can't he unilaterally decide a 'sanction' is too harsh, not in our country's best interests, etc?

As far as your 'divided government' wish, we have that right now! Trump is NOT a Republican by any stretch. He is his own unusual breed of politician. If he were a 'true Republican', he would have had far more pieces of legislation passed, and been able to use the thin majority the Republicans have successfully. If you put a lie detector on all the Republican Senators and Congressmen, do you think more than a third would honestly answer they are happy with DJT as President?
February 4th, 2018 at 1:19:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is hilarious. A reporter gives a bunch
of quotes from the State of the Union
to college kids with Trump Derangement
Syndrome. When they finish telling him
how wrong Trump is, he tells them
all the quotes were from Obama SOTU
speeches. Priceless..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 5th, 2018 at 3:44:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

Well of course it is! Why would someone expect that it would not?
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2018 at 10:33:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Boeing invests in battery startup in nod to the future of electric flight.