Thread Rating:

February 6th, 2018 at 4:13:10 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Quote: SOOPOO

The righties are scared....

The righties would be scared if HRC was President.
The righties would be scared if the Senate was Democrat.
The righties would be scared if the House of Representatives was Democrat.
The righties would be scared if Gorsuch was a liberal.

Right now they are content. If you are saying they are scared of the next election, well, every in power party would then be 'scared', right?
With the way the next Senatorial elections are happening, wouldn't you agree that the righties have LESS reason to be scared than usual?
2020 will be different as DJT is up if he opts to run again, and any reasonable Democrat will beat him.

Wasn't it just like a week ago you were claiming to be the most nonpartisan poster on these boards?

My post was in reference to Bob Mueller's investigation, not anything you brought up here.

My point is the 'righties' are not scared now. The funniest thing about all the 'lefties' trying to take Trump down, if they do, the Presidency moves farther RIGHT with a President Pence. The real 'righties' want Trump out too!
February 6th, 2018 at 4:41:44 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: FrGamble
Touche
I didn't mean it as a barb, more as "food for thought". I realize a monastery is not a place for a bunch of antisocial hermits, it is a community of like minded men who pray, sing, eat and work together but your comment about a cave did suggest to me that a "contemplative vacation" might be more fitting for you than a full blown career change. A shift in emphasis but a realization that, as evidenced by your comment, a cave is not to your liking.
February 6th, 2018 at 4:44:23 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0

The righties are scared....

The righties would be scared if HRC was President.
The righties would be scared if the Senate was Democrat.
The righties would be scared if the House of Representatives was Democrat.
The righties would be scared if Gorsuch was a liberal.

Right now they are content. If you are saying they are scared of the next election, well, every in power party would then be 'scared', right?
With the way the next Senatorial elections are happening, wouldn't you agree that the righties have LESS reason to be scared than usual?
2020 will be different as DJT is up if he opts to run again, and any reasonable Democrat will beat him.

I'm scared no matter who is there!
February 6th, 2018 at 5:09:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
My point is the 'righties' are not scared now. The funniest thing about all the 'lefties' trying to take Trump down, if they do, the Presidency moves farther RIGHT with a President Pence. The real 'righties' want Trump out too!

Nonsense. Donald campaigned as some sort of moderate deal maker, but he has done nothing moderate since taking office. His governing has been just as far right as Pence's would be.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 6th, 2018 at 5:21:56 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Nareed
SpaceX successfully launched the Falcon Heavy.

I'm impressed. the monster has 27 liquid-fuel engines in the first stage core and the side boosters. Getting all of them to fire and steer in the right direction is no small feat.

In addition, the side boosters were pre-flown Falcon 9 first stages, and they landed almost in unison at Cape Canaveral.

The rocket carried a dummy load, as is common on test launches of new designs. Anything else you hear about the load is a publicity stunt.

Very excited for SpaceX. Fantastic launch, perfect day for it.

NYT reported the payload was a Tesla (red) with a mannequin dressed in a SpaceX spacesuit seated in the driver's seat. It's supposed to orbit the sun for some millions of years. Wonder if they got that wrong? What "other" stuff is reportedly aboard?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 6th, 2018 at 5:27:42 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Nonsense. Donald campaigned as some sort of moderate deal maker, but he has done nothing moderate since taking office. His governing has been just as far right as Pence's would be.

More.

Trump pretty much does the bidding of the hard right and the alt-right. Pence wouldn't. Pence would also be far less unpleasant, and would know he has to reach out beyond his base. He also wouldn't change his mind after making a deal, or not as much, and certainly not in response to pushy subordinates.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 6th, 2018 at 9:15:32 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: FrGamble
Touche

Yeah, padre, that was kind of low.
February 6th, 2018 at 9:22:15 PM permalink
boymimbo
Quote: beachbumbabs
Very excited for SpaceX. Fantastic launch, perfect day for it.

NYT reported the payload was a Tesla (red) with a mannequin dressed in a SpaceX spacesuit seated in the driver's seat. It's supposed to orbit the sun for some millions of years. Wonder if they got that wrong? What "other" stuff is reportedly aboard?

Elon Musk put his old roadster as the payload and put a mannequin and the radio apparently playing David Bowie's Space Oddity. All true. And it's going into an elliptical orbit from the Sun to Mars provided the third stage goes as planned.

And on the circuitboard is printed "Made on earth by humans". Lots of publicity and cross-promotion going on here!
February 6th, 2018 at 10:12:46 PM permalink
boymimbo
Maybe AZ's got something right about males not being needed anymore.

Self cloning crayfish

"Before they went into warp I transported the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all"
February 7th, 2018 at 2:24:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
Elon Musk put his old roadster as the payload and put a mannequin and the radio apparently playing David Bowie's Space Oddity. All true. And it's going into an elliptical orbit from the Sun to Mars provided the third stage goes as planned.

And on the circuitboard is printed "Made on earth by humans". Lots of publicity and cross-promotion going on here!

I will be more impressed when he gets Tesla to make an operating profit without selling credits. Been watching comments from a guy tearing down a Model 3. Not good reports. Said fit and finish for body panels was on the level of a 1990s Kia.
The President is a fink.