In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 27th, 2018 at 11:18:42 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
People removed from the problems caused always insist it is no problem. The women of the Nordic countries are starting to see the problems firsthand.
Here's hoping the Viking men rise again.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 27th, 2018 at 1:27:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
TRUMP: I'M IN FOR 2020! NAMES CAMPAIGN MANAGER

“I think people just kind of assume he’s a goner,” FiveThirtyEight statistician Nate Silver told me recently, “but look, he’s now more in a range where presidents have recovered to win reelection. His approval rating is up to 41 or 42 percent in our tracking. That verges on being a normal number that resembles what happened to Reagan or Clinton or Obama in their second years."
As Jim Messina, who managed President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign in 2012, warned earlier this month, “Donald Trump can absolutely be reelected.”
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 27th, 2018 at 1:53:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Here's hoping the Viking men rise again.

Wondering how long for the liberals to admit we were right about no go zones? Big SITYS. Still coming soon to the USA!
The President is a fink.
March 1st, 2018 at 9:26:43 AM permalink
petroglyph
Teacher that fired gun in Georgia school was taking SSRI's.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/teacher-accused-of-firing-gun-at-hs-once-claimed-he-had-someone-killed-records-show/709028072
March 1st, 2018 at 11:18:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Being on an antidepressant is nearly a career-ender in aviation.

They are now allowed to take one of 4 SSRI's. However, once you start taking an SSRI you are grounded for 6 months to demonstrate stability.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/app_process/exam_tech/item47/amd/antidepressants/

If those four drugs don't work, but another one does, they are out of luck.

One alternative is to hide their depression and try to control it on their own without meds. Comforting, no?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 1st, 2018 at 11:44:28 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Dalex64
Being on an antidepressant is nearly a career-ender in aviation.

They are now allowed to take one of 4 SSRI's. However, once you start taking an SSRI you are grounded for 6 months to demonstrate stability.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/app_process/exam_tech/item47/amd/antidepressants/

If those four drugs don't work, but another one does, they are out of luck.

One alternative is to hide their depression and try to control it on their own without meds. Comforting, no?
I see Zoloft on the list. One of my kids tried that [scrip] and said she won't do that anymore. It really is mind altering.

Yeah, depression is scary, remember that German pilot that intentionally grounded a few years back? It's a bummer when alcohol won't fix a persons problems.

I recently found out that taking Ambien will DQ a CDL driver from renewing their license.
March 1st, 2018 at 12:53:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
I see Zoloft on the list. One of my kids tried that [scrip] and said she won't do that anymore. It really is mind altering.
Sure is, particularly for some females who discover that they are going horizontal with just about every man they meet. Unfortunately for men, its only a very small subset of patients who react that way.
March 1st, 2018 at 3:42:52 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
So Trump has pulled the trigger on the US economy.

Tariffs are never a good idea.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 1st, 2018 at 3:55:00 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Indeed. the key is in the word 'war'

Singlehandedly he just put up the price of key raw materials by 25%. It's not other countries that pay that 25%: It's US companies and their US customers.
Don't complain when your next car costs 25% more and you can't afford to buy one made in the US.
You think this will help the US 'rust belt' economies? That boat has sailed and sunk.

And retaliation? Expect lots of it. China, Asia, South America, Europe will find uses for their steel and when you want that, or anything else, they will remember this day.

Oh hum. He's your president.
March 1st, 2018 at 3:57:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear

Oh hum. He's your president.

Thank God for that! Time is over for the USA being a sucker.
The President is a fink.