In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 15th, 2018 at 5:14:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Would YOU knowingly drive underneath a bridge that was then being Stress Tested?

Look how much press the bridge
thing is getting. Because it's a
rarity here, that's why. Go to a lot of
countries and stuff collapses almost
daily. Dams fail, freeways slide down
sides of mountains, RR overpasses
fail. Very common.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 15th, 2018 at 5:45:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Would YOU knowingly drive underneath a bridge that was then being Stress Tested?
Under the right conditions and pay, I've done worse. But I wouldn't subject the public to it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 15th, 2018 at 5:46:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
Look how much press the bridge
thing is getting. Because it's a
rarity here, that's why. Go to a lot of
countries and stuff collapses almost
daily. Dams fail, freeways slide down
sides of mountains, RR overpasses
fail. Very common.
The one I'm waiting on is the 3 Gorges Dam. That will be epic.
March 16th, 2018 at 11:19:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla._A Broward County judge on Friday issued what is thought to be Florida's first order temporarily removing guns from a person under Florida's new gun-control laws.

Four firearms and 267 rounds of ammunition were ordered removed from a 56-year-old Lighthouse Point man who experts determined was a potential risk to himself or others.

The guns and ammunition have been temporarily removed from the man under the state's new "risk protection" law, which is also sometimes called "red flag" legislation, Lighthouse Point City Attorney Michael Cirullo confirmed.

Although the man was also taken to a hospital for involuntary psychiatric treatment under the state's Baker Act, the civil ruling removing his access to guns and ammunition was granted under the new legislation, which permits removal of guns from people who have not been committed but are deemed a potential risk to themselves or others, according to the order signed by Broward's Chief Judge Jack Tuter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-seize-first-firearms-under-floridas-new-gun-control-laws/ar-BBKjTEp?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 17th, 2018 at 1:35:02 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
ABC news makes big splash with a number of "teaser" statements about "new evidence" in the Aisenberg Case in which a baby was kidnapped from a Tampa home and police focused solely on the parents using media intimidation, perjury and utterly unbelievable jail house snitches to try to extract a confession but failed to ever investigate any leads related to parental innocence.

Turns out the 'teasers' were just for ratings purposes as the show was essentially a rehash with nothing at all new except some as yet unverified claim of some women coming out of the woodwork to claim that they might be Sabrina Aisenberg because they have no baby photos prior to their being eight months old. Of course full dna testing would be unnecessary; mere major blood group testing would be a sensible first screening device but then ABC's 20/20 show would not have had its false ratings raising teaser headlines.
March 17th, 2018 at 1:41:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
Under the right conditions and pay, I've done worse. But I wouldn't subject the public to it.
Well, about this driving under a bridge thing while it was being stress tested. It has now emerged that an employee of one of the engineering companies left a voicemail on a coworker's mail box indicating that he had spotted cracks at the pylon (support end) of the bridge and several supporting cables were loose. The text and demeanor indicated that it was not thought that this was going to be an emergency situation or that traffic should be halted.
March 17th, 2018 at 10:17:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Hillary Clinton Slips in Bathtub in India; Fractures Hand

She can't walk on stairs, can't get
out of a tub. Fun stuff for 2020,
totally entertaining it will be.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 17th, 2018 at 12:28:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Fun stuff for 2020,
totally entertaining it will be.

EB has been possessed by Yoda.

2020 will be fun, but Hillary has nothing to do with it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 17th, 2018 at 4:51:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
http://truthinmedia.com/teacher-on-leave-questioning-school-walkout/

If high school students are allowed to walk out in protest when and why they choose, when will they be educated? Should taxpayers who disagree with the liberal agenda be forced to financially support the school admins political choices?

Like the teacher in the link says, will the admin support a walk out for anti abortion? High schoolers seem to be doing a lot of protesting lately, when they are supposed to be in class.
March 17th, 2018 at 7:59:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
Kathy Griffin Announces She's Going Back on Tour in U.S.

The first two shows will be at Carnegie Hall and the Kennedy Center. I can't wait till she comes to my neck of the woods, I WILL be buying a ticket. I bet she'll sell out more shows than ever!

Kathy Griffin’s comeback show at New York’s Carnegie Hall sells out in 24 hours

HER CAREER IS OVER*

*for roughly 10 months

Welcome back, Kathy. Can't wait till I can buy a ticket!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman