In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 21st, 2018 at 6:39:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Even if Scientology is all about money, consider this:

Quote:
Mark 12:41-44 ESV / 15 helpful votes
And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

It might seem good hearted, does it not imply giving all your wealth to the church is your most ideal option?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 21st, 2018 at 6:46:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Reminded me, I wanted to look up Zerohedge news.
delete
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 22nd, 2018 at 2:01:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Ukrainian Pros are the best,
Russian Pros are next,
but Pro Russian is very different.
And 'team editors' under a fake name is usually a poor sign of reliability.
March 22nd, 2018 at 6:10:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Okay,so we gots a room temperature Maser now, so what can a Maser do that a Laser can't do?
March 22nd, 2018 at 7:29:32 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Fleastiff
Okay,so we gots a room temperature Maser now, so what can a Maser do that a Laser can't do?

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maser, "Communications" and "space exploration"

Since it is at a different frequency than light, different materials are transparent to it / it will be absorbed by different things than visible light.

I suppose you could use it to beam power from place to place, or maybe cook food from over a mile away...
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 22nd, 2018 at 10:11:03 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
I read that they staked out the car and called bomb techs to search the car
Before the team could search the car, he came out and drove away
They followed, tried to pull him over and he detonates

They caught a big break when people saw this guy go into a FedEx store. But I gotta wonder about the FedEx guy. With the whole city on high alert for suspicious packages , a guy walks in wearing pink gloves and this ridiculous wig to mail two packages whithin Austin. What does the FedEx guy do? He logs in the package bombs and sends them on their way. One of those two bombs blew up in a sorting facility, but thankfully no one was hurt.

The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 22nd, 2018 at 11:55:56 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: JimRockford
They caught a big break when people saw this guy go into a FedEx store. But I gotta wonder about the FedEx guy. With the whole city on high alert for suspicious packages , a guy walks in wearing pink gloves and this ridiculous wig to mail two packages whithin Austin. What does the FedEx guy do? He logs in the package bombs and sends them on their way. One of those two bombs blew up in a sorting facility, but thankfully no one was hurt.

Not defending this particular FedEx guy, but I can only imagine the strange and unusual clients they get sometimes.

I'm guessing they have a corporate policy to serve the customer, not be suspicious of them. But you would still have to hope, if there had already been at least one explosion in the area from a package, they MIGHT have questioned his weird disguise.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 22nd, 2018 at 12:42:34 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: beachbumbabs
Not defending this particular FedEx guy, but I can only imagine the strange and unusual clients they get sometimes.

I'm guessing they have a corporate policy to serve the customer, not be suspicious of them. But you would still have to hope, if there had already been at least one explosion in the area from a package, they MIGHT have questioned his weird disguise.

At least one? There had been FOUR at the time , three in the previous couple of days. Since the bombs were being delivered in packages, I think if I was in the package business I'd be a little more aware.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 22nd, 2018 at 1:03:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford

I'm on the same page as BBB. I'm not sure if you can target oddly dressed people. Maybe it's from living in too many big cities. It's just not unusual enough.

I wouldn't be shaking any boxes though. However if the police told workers to put aside any packages from any people they found suspicious, that might be useful.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2018 at 1:19:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I'm on the same page as BBB. I'm not sure if you can target oddly dressed people. Maybe it's from living in too many big cities. It's just not unusual enough.

This is Austin
Ever been there?
I have
The big motto you see everywhere "Keep Austin weird"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"