In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 30th, 2014 at 5:34:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I agree...no more Romney, for my part. We have had candidates come back and win after losing prior elections, of course, so he could have a legitimate chance.

History is a funny thing and you can't tell where things might have gone...I was just thinking about the efforts made to get "anyone but Hillary" in office in the 2008 cycle. She went down and a relative unknown made it to the Presidency. How different would things be now had she won then and the current President had stayed in the Senate? Would his record after 10 years in the Senate be good or bad?

All in all, I'd prefer new candidates and better ideas on both sides!
August 30th, 2014 at 6:29:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven
There was a caller on Rush Limbaugh the other day who is the perfect example of a naive conservative. He thinks that Romney should run again in 2016, and this time he should tell the media:

Typical lib posing as a conservative. Obama was the one talking about abortion far more than Romney. If Romeny would just ask, "why are youso pro-ABORTION?" then that would have been like a heavyweight boxer landing a surprise blow. Instead the GOP always plays defense. Other than true Steelers fans, nobody likes defense.
The President is a fink.
August 30th, 2014 at 7:13:20 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman
Typical lib posing as a conservative. Obama was the one talking about abortion far more than Romney. If Romeny would just ask, "why are youso pro-ABORTION?" then that would have been like a heavyweight boxer landing a surprise blow. Instead the GOP always plays defense. Other than true Steelers fans, nobody likes defense.
That's true. The guy could have very well been a seminar caller. I do know about a half-dozen conservatives who share his opinion though. I even got into a big argument with a personal friend (who's a staunch conservative) who doesn't understand that the media won't let conservatives get away with avoiding questions. If the liberal media starts asking about, say, abortion or Bain Capital, refusing to answer just invites them to focus even more on those issues. My buddy doesn't understand that. *headshake*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 30th, 2014 at 1:48:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Romney would be exactly the same age when
he took office as Reagan was. Too old, especially
now. The stress of the office is just too great.
You want your barber or your banker to be 70?
Why would we want a president that old.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 30th, 2014 at 6:27:01 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Rams Cut Michael Sam

HAHAHAHA!!!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 30th, 2014 at 6:40:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
They want an all Gay team, or a no gay team.
They went with no Gay..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 30th, 2014 at 6:53:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm intrigued by Rand Paul.
Strikes me as very intelligent.
I actually agree with the guy ocasionally. Scary
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2014 at 9:03:12 PM permalink
RonC

He wasn't a good enough player at this point to make the 53 man roster; as were a ton of non-gays. Maybe he will get on someone's practice squad after the dust settles. I don't think all that many players really care if he is gay or not...I certainly don't give a crap. I'd root for him if he was on a team I wanted to win and against him if I was rooting for the to lose. Unless,, of course, he was a bad player.
August 30th, 2014 at 9:04:37 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
I'm intrigued by Rand Paul.
Strikes me as very intelligent.
I actually agree with the guy ocasionally. Scary

If we don't spend all of our time trying to figure out why the other side is so awful, there are some points we could agree on...
August 31st, 2014 at 4:34:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC

He wasn't a good enough player at this point to make the 53 man roster; as were a ton of non-gays. Maybe he will get on someone's practice squad after the dust settles. I don't think all that many players really care if he is gay or not...I certainly don't give a crap. I'd root for him if he was on a team I wanted to win and against him if I was rooting for the to lose. Unless,, of course, he was a bad player.

I think more players than is thought care. I also think more care not so much that he is gay but that he has camped it up and made a big deal that he is gay (i.e." the attention whore thing again.) Similarly I think the locker rooms are more divided among racial lines than is let on.
The President is a fink.