In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 29th, 2018 at 4:00:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Capital Gazette puts out next-day 'damn paper,' as promised

This is how America used to be. One day later and they get the paper out.

Unlike in these school shootings, where we for some reason have to tear the building down and build a new one because it is too awful to have the kids go back into the old one.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2018 at 10:10:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Toxic algae bloom in Florida. The dividends of typical Republican policy.

Quote:
If it continues, the summer of slime could have wide-ranging implications, from politics to business. Florida Gov. Rick Scott, who consistently cut funding to the state's environmental regulators, issued emergency orders to state water managers to try to stop the spread of a nasty green wave that looms as a potential stain for his on-going campaign for the U.S. senate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/massive-and-toxic-algae-bloom-threatens-florida-coasts-with-another-lost-summer/ar-AAznPiM?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 1st, 2018 at 12:23:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Mom in Virginia shoots man who flew from New Zealand to likely attach daughter. I imagine she is glad she had a gun.

Shooting
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 1st, 2018 at 12:43:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
Mom in Virginia shoots man who flew from New Zealand to likely attach daughter. I imagine she is glad she had a gun.

"He had smashed the glass door and was reaching inside to unlock it when the girl's mother fired her handgun, striking him in the neck. He survived."

He should have researched how
many armed people there are
in the US. If I threw a brick thru
a window I would 100% expect
to be shot. If I was at Face's house,
he would do a head shot once I
was down just to be sure.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2018 at 4:33:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Looks like Mexico elected a left-wing nut job. Might be the end of 30 years of economic integration with the rest of the world.

Might mean cooling relations and move Mexico to “less than friend” status with USA officially.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:27:08 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: kenarman
Gee, two shots at close range and only one hits its target and its not even a serious wound much less a fatal one. She needs some time on a gun range. Not every attacker will be as stupid and noisy and slow as he was.
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:45:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Fleastiff
Gee, two shots at close range and only one hits its target and its not even a serious wound much less a fatal one. She needs some time on a gun range. .

Cmon, lucky hit, stress makes you
miss entirely most times.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2018 at 1:18:42 PM permalink
rxwine
If you've seen the news at all, you've probably seen the kids trapped underground in a cave story. Takes hours to scuba dive in underground cave to get to them. One option is to bring them out that way. Some don't even know how to swim. Imagine that as your first swimming lesson?

No one actually wants to use that route including the highly trained underwater divers who consider it challenging just doing it themselves, but when the rainy season starts it will rain for 4 months, and the kids could very well drown.

Probably drill down to get them. But time could be a factor. Real rock and a hard place dilemma.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2018 at 1:46:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
If you've seen the news at all, you've probably seen the kids trapped underground in a cave story. Takes hours to scuba dive in underground cave to get to them. .

"The next phase of the operation involves supplying the team with four months' worth of food and teaching the boys how to dive, Surawan said. "

Luckily people have morals, because
nature usually punishes stupidity very
harshly. They had no business being
in those caves when rain is coming.
July 3rd, 2018 at 2:45:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Luckily people have morals, because
nature usually punishes stupidity very
harshly. They had no business being
in those caves when rain is coming.

Probably, although I think the coach has to take the responsibility for that decision.