Thread Rating:

September 3rd, 2014 at 11:29:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
Vanished without a word, never returned

He got suspended for 3 days and took it
personally. Oh well..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 3rd, 2014 at 11:39:56 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Interesting phenomenon, message boards. Relatively recent development but old enough to have a very rich history with embedded jargon (troll, Godwin's Law), unspoken protocols, rules, bravery hiding behind keyboards, etc. and yet many treat them as, ahem, real life. Never really figure out it's the Internet and people lying in wait to get under everyone's skin. A variety of defenses are available - post block, thread block and the always successful: don't go there anymore. Yet some don't ever get it. Amazing.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 3rd, 2014 at 12:37:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-03/caption-contest-just-six-more-days#comments

What do these people do for a livnig that they can camp out for 6 friggin days to buy the lastest icrap?

The bears explain many things with enjoyable humor. If you get caught up in the latest icraze or know someone who does this is must watch and listen.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6194743/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-bears#!bPd0wN

If anyone cares the "bears" I believe they are called "Xtranormal"? have several cartoon short clips that go on to explain the silver manipulation, Quantitative easing, Blythe Masters work at the "Morgue" etc. Lots of laughs for finance oriented humor and excellently performed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 3rd, 2014 at 12:44:39 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Deleted [duplicate posted at the exact same time]
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 3rd, 2014 at 12:44:39 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-03/caption-contest-just-six-more-days#comments

What do these people do for a livnig that they can camp out for 6 friggin days to buy the lastest icrap?
Just goes to show where people's priorities are these days. *facepalm*

Without even asking, I bet I could probably guess which presidential candidate these iPhone-obsessed losers voted for !!

Quote: chickenman
A variety of defenses are available - post block, thread block and the always successful: don't go there anymore. Yet some don't ever get it. Amazing.
+10,000

:)
September 3rd, 2014 at 1:17:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
He got suspended for 3 days and took it
personally. Oh well..

Maybe he will come back if he see's B9 suspended again.
Thats one reason I came back :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 3rd, 2014 at 1:23:56 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: terapined
Maybe he will come back if he see's B9 suspended again.
Thats one reason I came back :-)
LOL

Let me re-quote the post of the month:
Quote: chickenman
A variety of defenses are available - post block, thread block and the always successful: don't go there anymore. Yet some don't ever get it. Amazing.

+1,000,000
September 3rd, 2014 at 2:42:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

Don't know what is worse, this or the lumps I see in front of Best Buy at noon or earlier on Thanksgiving Day. Quit telling me society is not doomed.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2014 at 3:26:23 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Don't know what is worse, this or the lumps I see in front of Best Buy at noon or earlier on Thanksgiving Day. Quit telling me society is not doomed.

I've been through a whole gambit of emotions witnessing the destruction of my country. I am near the stage where I should just "tuck it in", I do know and suppose I have since the 70's that I can't stop this train wreck. As you know it is mathmatically impossible for so few to support so many. So the only way apparently [ do to in my mind treasonous leadership, on both sides] to keep the illusion going till the bitter end is to print print print, until everything that you and I worked our asses off for is worth very little.

Twice now I have lost a bundle in pm's. If you can beat those hft trading platforms with either fundamentals or tech trading my hat is off to you.

I hope if you haven't that you will click on "the bears" until at least you decide you arn't interested. I figured you for one of the few that might enjoy them.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 3rd, 2014 at 3:34:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

The last time I stood in a line for hours was at the Hampton Coliseum for Grateful Dead tickets.
Generally I ordered all my tix via mail order from the bands outlet, Grateful Dead Ticket Sales.
This was different, last minute addition to the tour so no mail order ticket system.
The band has a reputation of putting on really hot shows at Hampton Coliseum therefore very popular show among deadheads.
Only ticket sales were at the coliseum box office, 1 week before the show.
We drove several hundred miles and got there at 5am for a 10am sale.
Ton of people outside the gates with no line.
The gates opened at 6am, mad 300 yard dash to get in line at the box office.
We all lined up and waited 4 hours and got our tix, maximum 2 per person, general admission show.
Nice thing about the band, they had a show in Atlanta that nite so deadheads at the Atlanta show couldn't get tickets.
They held back several thousand tix and put them on sale day of the Hampton show so the Atlanta heads that traveled to Hampton had a chance to get in :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"