In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 3rd, 2014 at 3:37:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
I've been through a whole gambit of emotions witnessing the destruction of my country. I am near the stage where I should just "tuck it in", I do know and suppose I have since the 70's that I can't stop this train wreck. As you know it is mathmatically impossible for so few to support so many. So the only way apparently [ do to in my mind treasonous leadership, on both sides] to keep the illusion going till the bitter end is to print print print, until everything that you and I worked our asses off for is worth very little.

Sometime in the last few years I have given up and just prepare to ride the destruction out. It might not end right away, but in 50-100 years the USA will be no more. It will be at least 3 countries. The south will rise again and take the most of the midwest and plains with it. The northeast and northwest will be there own thing. The southwest will go towards Mexico. There will possibly be "homelands" in the inner cities. The glue that holds it together is decomposing. The power structure currently is doing well by splitting things apart, but soon it will split to where they lose control.

Things should last through our time, but after that the deluge.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2014 at 4:19:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I've been through a whole gambit of emotions witnessing the destruction of my country. I am near the stage where I should just "tuck it in", I do know and suppose I have since the 70's that I can't stop this train wreck. As you know it is mathmatically impossible for so few to support so many. So the only way apparently [ do to in my mind treasonous leadership, on both sides] to keep the illusion going till the bitter end is to print print print, until everything that you and I worked our asses off for is worth very little.

Sometime in the last few years I have given up and just prepare to ride the destruction out. It might not end right away, but in 50-100 years the USA will be no more. It will be at least 3 countries. The south will rise again and take the most of the midwest and plains with it. The northeast and northwest will be there own thing. The southwest will go towards Mexico. There will possibly be "homelands" in the inner cities. The glue that holds it together is decomposing. The power structure currently is doing well by splitting things apart, but soon it will split to where they lose control.

Things should last through our time, but after that the deluge.

OMG.
Chill guys, its not that bad.
Your glass maybe half empty, but mine is brimming full.
This country has been through a lot worse.
"just prepare to ride the destruction out" Are you on that tv show, doomsday bunker people.
Have fun in the bunker, I have 3 Vegas trips planned for the rest of the year :-)
Life is GOOD. I'm ready for Hillary.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 3rd, 2014 at 4:54:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Your forgot the sarc tag,

Hillary was part of the disease and pestilence I was thinking of.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 3rd, 2014 at 4:58:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

"just prepare to ride the destruction out" Are you on that tv show, doomsday bunker people.
Have fun in the bunker, I have 3 Vegas trips planned for the rest of the year :-)

Bunker show is BS. But I try to live smart and small. I enjoy myself well enough. I just see the writing on the wall. History echos, and it is echoing bad for the USA at this time.

Quote:
Life is GOOD. I'm ready for Hillary.

That so much of the population is in favor of a woman who has failed at every job she has had yet still thinks she is "qualified" because she was married to someone is a clear sign that we have fallen into the culture of celebrity and in major decay.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2014 at 5:06:50 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
That so much of the population is in favor of a woman who has failed at every job she has had yet still thinks she is "qualified" because she was married to someone is a clear sign that we have fallen into the culture of celebrity and in major decay.
+10

Sometime in the last few years I have given up and just prepare to ride the destruction out. It might not end right away, but in 50-100 years the USA will be no more.
As usual, AZ is right on target.

I, too, have resigned myself to the fact that LIV's in this country have taken us past the point of no return. To be honest, I actually knew back in '08 that we were headed down the toilet after electing a community organizer with no experience, but I did believe that there was a 1% chance that we could possibly right the ship if Romney were elected.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and I honestly believe that there is ZERO chance for us to turn things around at this point. Hell, I may even vote Democrat in 2016 just so we can get it all over with faster!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 3rd, 2014 at 5:20:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Beethoven

I, too, have resigned myself to the fact that LIV's in this country have taken us past the point of no return. To be honest, I actually knew back in '08 that we were headed down the toilet after electing a community organizer with no experience, but I did believe that there was a 1% chance that we could possibly right the ship if Romney were elected.

What is going to make it happen is if the USD ceases to be the reserve currency of the world. While it does not appear that it will happen soon, when it does happen it will happen with a suddenness that cannot be comprehended. Remember that in 1964 quarters and dimes were silver, 7 years later the gold window was closed at the fed.

IMHO what is the biggest thing holding it back right now is that no other nation will accept the trade deficits required to take reserve status. Perhaps there will be no reserve currency for a time. But when we cannot print dollars to export to pay for all the cheap stuff this over-consumered culture desires, just watch.

The only real shortage we have had post-war is gasoline in the 1970s. One product where you could not buy what you wanted (other than spot-shortages.) For those who remember, it was bad. Now imagine coffee, sugar, chocolate, electronics, fresh fruit and veggies in winter, and any other number of items. It will be bad.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2014 at 5:37:55 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Bunker show is BS. But I try to live smart and small. I enjoy myself well enough. I just see the writing on the wall. History echos, and it is echoing bad for the USA at this time.

I am truly happy that you enjoy well enough. Too me, that is what life is about. Responsibility and having fun.
History echos??? Roman Empire? Now I am curious.
I love history and of course follow current events.
I've heard it all through my life from various sides "The country is going to hell"
I would say looking at history, much worse times , WW I and 1918 Influenza pandemic , things were pretty bad, if the war didn't kill you, the flue would. Very scary times.
The 1930's depression, tough times for everybody.
In my lifetime, late 60's. Unpopular war, riots, RFK and King killed ect. Very interesting times. Too interesting.
Maybe we are in our last throes as the modern Roman empire.
I just don't think so.
We are still a beacon to the world regarding technology and freedom.
I believe the good ol USA is strong.

As for Clinton, yea, no doubt a lot of what gets you elected in this country is a culture of celebrity.
But its always been that way. Take Andrew Jackson. simply elected due to a culture of celebrity. Famous general. Name recognition. He wins.
Is he qualified, who cares, this is who the people want at the time. Major political celebrity at that time, just like Clinton.
Good or bad, that's way it has always been in this country.
Get famous, the people like you, that's what has always gotten people elected President in this country.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 3rd, 2014 at 5:38:20 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
The only real shortage we have had post-war is gasoline in the 1970s. One product where you could not buy what you wanted (other than spot-shortages.) For those who remember, it was bad. Now imagine coffee, sugar, chocolate, electronics, fresh fruit and veggies in winter, and any other number of items. It will be bad.
+1

That is an EXCELLENT point. Even people in their 40's probably remember those terrible gas lines, although younger people have no clue how bad it was. Like you said, if/when shortages occur for a multitude of other products, all hell is gonna break loose in this country.

And I know it sounds bad for me to admit this, but when such shortages do in fact become reality, I'm just gonna smile and say to all of the LIV's, "This is what YOU voted for, my friends!"

Too me, that is what life is about. Responsibility and having fun
Life is about "having fun"?

Why am I not surprised that an Obama voter would say such a thing? *facepalm*

Take Andrew Jackson. simply elected due to a culture of celebrity. Famous general...Major political celebrity at that time, just like Clinton
Gotta love this gem. You're seriously comparing Hillary Clinton to a man who fought in the War of 1812???? *facepalm #2*

Get famous, the people LIVs like you, that's what has always gotten people elected President in this country.
Fixed!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 3rd, 2014 at 5:53:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman

History echos??? Roman Empire? Now I am curious.

Roman Empire, British Empire, numerous smaller kingdoms.

Debasement of currency to keep paying for the party. Lowering moral standards. Over-extension of military. The fact that after 200-250 years every empire has either fallen or begun to fall.

Quote:

It has been through worse in the past than we are in today, but not as to what is coming. If not for Gettysburg we may have come apart. If not for WWII the Depression may have sunk us after FDR having made it worse. But in all cases we were still ascending and taking the place of other powers. Now we are in power, and much of the USA would prefer we were not, starting with current leadership. If another nation challenges for the lead many will say, "take over, it's yours, good luck, you'll need it."

Quote:
We are still a beacon to the world regarding technology and freedom.

We are no longer a free nation, we are about #10 and falling, being considered "mostly free." New rankings come out soon, last time Estonia passed us in freedom. We are drowning in new laws and regulations. Some idiots even like HOAs because they want more regulations. When you cannot grow a small garden in your front yard, when a kid has a lemonade stand shut by the health department, when the government sues a manufacturer for OPENING a new plant, when the government steals your trademark because someone is "offended," when some people have half their income stolen by government, when your daughter has to use the same bathroom as a little boy who thinks he is a girl, when you are forced to take business you do not desire or else be sued, when you are afraid to go on your own ranch because your government lets illegals and their coyotes pass but you may get sued if you try to stop it, sorry, you are not in a free nation anymore.

Want a happy slave? Convince him he is really free.

Quote:
As for Clinton, yea, no doubt a lot of what gets you elected in this country is a culture of celebrity.
But its always been that way. Take Andrew Jackson. simply elected due to a culture of celebrity. Famous general. Name recognition. He wins.

Jackson was a successful general, Hillary has never been a successful anything. That is the difference. IMHO her looks will be such that there is not enough make-up and camera angles to keep her viable to our celeb culture.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2014 at 9:21:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I haven't given up on anything yet. In the
election in Nov if the Dems hold the senate,
then yeah, we're all in big trouble. We'll
turn into Cuba, where our money is worth
less and less and we'll be driving 15 year
old cars because we have to. All our money
will go into the military, and the infrastructure
will fall into decay as, like Cuba, more and
more people are on the dole their whole
lives. There will be the very rich and the
very poor, like it was here before WWII
when we had no middle class. It won't happen
right away, but it's happening now and will
get far worse if Obama has free reign for
another 2 1/2 years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.