In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 3rd, 2014 at 11:45:40 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Without real trade deficit reversals Evenbob, the middle class has to be attacked because everyone else knows how to defend themselves too well. Elections don't matter and doesn't matter if red or blue. I don't even believe anything can be fixed with our system in place and I wouldn't even know how to do it if I had three wishes. It has already been decided we will become a third world country decades ago.
September 4th, 2014 at 2:27:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
We'll
turn into Cuba, where our money is worth
less and less and we'll be driving 15 year
old cars because we have to.

Median car age is already somewhere between 10 and 11 years.
The President is a fink.
September 4th, 2014 at 3:31:10 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: Beethoven

Without even asking, I bet I could probably guess which presidential candidate these iPhone-obsessed losers voted for !!

Ya think?

+1,000
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 4th, 2014 at 3:33:18 AM permalink
chickenman
Quote: terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I've been through a whole gambit of emotions witnessing the destruction of my country. I am near the stage where I should just "tuck it in", I do know and suppose I have since the 70's that I can't stop this train wreck. As you know it is mathmatically impossible for so few to support so many. So the only way apparently [ do to in my mind treasonous leadership, on both sides] to keep the illusion going till the bitter end is to print print print, until everything that you and I worked our asses off for is worth very little.

Sometime in the last few years I have given up and just prepare to ride the destruction out. It might not end right away, but in 50-100 years the USA will be no more. It will be at least 3 countries. The south will rise again and take the most of the midwest and plains with it. The northeast and northwest will be there own thing. The southwest will go towards Mexico. There will possibly be "homelands" in the inner cities. The glue that holds it together is decomposing. The power structure currently is doing well by splitting things apart, but soon it will split to where they lose control.

Things should last through our time, but after that the deluge.

Your glass maybe half empty, but mine is brimming full.
I'm ready for Hillary.
Your glass will be in a world of hurt when she runs out of other people's money
September 4th, 2014 at 3:48:42 AM permalink
chickenman
Quote: Beethoven
remember those terrible gas lines, although younger people have no clue how bad it was. Like you said, if/when shortages occur for a multitude of other products, all hell is gonna break loose in this country.

And I know it sounds bad for me to admit this, but when such shortages do in fact become reality, I'm just gonna smile and say to all of the LIV's, "This is what YOU voted for, my friends!"

Yep, fall of '73 I'm filling up at a no-name self-serve station in my ville at 23.9/gal. and looking at the Esso (that's right, pre-Exxon) station kitty-corner across the way at 24.9. They were engaged in a "gas war" (price war). Next day the embargo hit and immediately huge lines, rationing, even-odd days based on license plate last digit, people siphoning gas from others, the whole nine yards. Oh, and 37.9/gal. Sounds like a bargain today but a 50% increase was a shock that humbled the economy, except for the slight blip from sales of locking gas caps. The LIVs have no clue what they voted for.

With a POTUS that admits he has no middle east policy we'd better brace ourselves.

Edit: I'd like to buy a '-' Pat, I seem to have used them all in this post :-)
September 4th, 2014 at 3:52:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: chickenman
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I've been through a whole gambit of emotions witnessing the destruction of my country. I am near the stage where I should just "tuck it in", I do know and suppose I have since the 70's that I can't stop this train wreck. As you know it is mathmatically impossible for so few to support so many. So the only way apparently [ do to in my mind treasonous leadership, on both sides] to keep the illusion going till the bitter end is to print print print, until everything that you and I worked our asses off for is worth very little.

Sometime in the last few years I have given up and just prepare to ride the destruction out. It might not end right away, but in 50-100 years the USA will be no more. It will be at least 3 countries. The south will rise again and take the most of the midwest and plains with it. The northeast and northwest will be there own thing. The southwest will go towards Mexico. There will possibly be "homelands" in the inner cities. The glue that holds it together is decomposing. The power structure currently is doing well by splitting things apart, but soon it will split to where they lose control.

Things should last through our time, but after that the deluge.

Your glass maybe half empty, but mine is brimming full.
I'm ready for Hillary.
Your glass will be in a world of hurt when she runs out of other people's money

Clinton will be fine. Economies run in cycles. Last 6 years has been down or stagnant,
Starting with Clinton Presidency, economy will start booming again, plenty of money to go around.
Is an economic rebound due to her decisions, of course not.
Regardless, she will get the credit as all Presidents do during good economic times.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2014 at 3:56:16 AM permalink
chickenman
Speaking of lines, this morning's local TV news did a piece at 4:30 on the grand opening of a Chick Fil A and showed live coverage of the mobs of people lined up to get in. Seems the draw is the first hundred get free meals for a year. I drove by there at 5:20 and sure enough, there were hundreds of folks asshole-to-bellybutton waiting on the opening.

I guess I can understand the attraction but seems one would tire of a Chick Fil A diet rather quickly...
September 4th, 2014 at 4:34:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: chickenman
Speaking of lines, this morning's local TV news did a piece at 4:30 on the grand opening of a Chick Fil A and showed live coverage of the mobs of people lined up to get in. Seems the draw is the first hundred get free meals for a year. I drove by there at 5:20 and sure enough, there were hundreds of folks asshole-to-bellybutton waiting on the opening.

I guess I can understand the attraction but seems one would tire of a Chick Fil A diet rather quickly...

Chickenman not in line at the Chick Fil A?
What's the world coming too?
What's next, raining cats and dogs?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2014 at 8:24:28 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Clinton will be fine. Economies run in cycles. Last 6 years has been down or stagnant,
Starting with Clinton Presidency, economy will start booming again, plenty of money to go around.
Is an economic rebound due to her decisions, of course not.
Regardless, she will get the credit as all Presidents do during good economic times.

Somewhat true, that said, economic policies and how their countries do during bad and good times are mitigated through their government's actions. For example, Canada fared well during the tough times because their banks avoided the banking crisis. They avoided the banking crisis because they limited what investments their banks were able to buy based on risk. Other countries fared better or worse based essentially on government policies. The

And while the global recession happened, some countries kept on truckin', like any country that wasn't heavily tied to the greenback or US banks.

So even if the global economy does start to boom, America might (and probably will) lag behind because of tax structures, wage gaps, and debt servicing.
September 4th, 2014 at 8:25:32 AM permalink
chickenman
Chickenman not in line at the Chick Fil A?
No, it's just too painful to contemplate. I think they should use cows :-)