In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 4th, 2014 at 3:47:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Corruption convictions today. Guess it doesn't qualify as propaganda news.

Foxnews.com has it. Is it buried at MSNBC?

Of course not. Leading story all news sites is Joan Rivers.
2nd leading story all news sites regardless if left or right , former VA Gov and wife guilty.

This couple made me sick. I had no doubt they were guilty.
Total money grab, disgusting.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2014 at 3:53:24 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Still wouldn't know how to fix our country. Like I've said before, everyone is too sophisticated anymore for anything to stick. I'm definitely in favor of simple processes over complicated because they're less able to be manipulated.
September 4th, 2014 at 4:33:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Still wouldn't know how to fix our country. Like I've said before, everyone is too sophisticated anymore for anything to stick. I'm definitely in favor of simple processes over complicated because they're less able to be manipulated.

It is going to take pain to fix this country. Pain in the form that people will have to decide to cancel cable and go to one cell for the family or eat. Pain that means if you default on your student loan you are ineligible for a car loan, mortgage, or credit card at any rate. Pain that means the kids need to get after school jobs and give up extracurricular activities as means to survive not just for extras. Pain that means you go to the store and what you want is not there at any price.

On the path we are on such pain will come sooner or later. How the USA responds will matter. If we respond as we did 1930-1945 then there is much hope. I don't see this kind of response but more the blame someone else mentality we have today.
The President is a fink.
September 4th, 2014 at 5:28:05 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The former VA gov and his wife make me ill.

Another in a long line of criminal politicians that each side has to deal with along the way.

I hope they get the max sentence and spend the rest of their lives in prison.
September 4th, 2014 at 6:12:25 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: RonC
The former VA gov and his wife make me ill.

Another in a long line of criminal politicians that each side has to deal with along the way.

I hope they get the max sentence and spend the rest of their lives in prison.
Federal prosecution, won't be easy on them. Hard to imagine what made the briber want to have to turn on them. Almost makes me sick the bribers don't get prosecuted, but the way it is.

Around here we have a local case and they won't mention the unnamed businessman, but everyone knows it's Cafaro. He organizes everything and leads them into temptation then becomes a government witness. All so the county keeps renting from his mangy decrepit building and doesn't look for a better option.

Everyone knows corruption when they see it, but it's very difficult to define.
September 5th, 2014 at 4:48:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

Foxnews.com has it. Is it buried at MSNBC?

Checked various news sites, pretty much every site states the ex Gov and wife found guilty.
Of course Foxnews website puts a spin on their headline "Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell's attorney vows to appeal corruption convictions"
Checked Breibart, had to keep moving down, 6 move down right bar clicks till I got to the story. Talk about buried.

When I 1st saw AZ's comment, I thought this guy was a Dem, He;s a repub.
Few too many to drink last nite?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 5th, 2014 at 5:25:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

When I 1st saw AZ's comment, I thought this guy was a Dem, He;s a repub.
Few too many to drink last nite?

Hopefully that wasn't something my fault. Kind of busy on this land project, not much time to respond.
The President is a fink.
September 5th, 2014 at 6:24:14 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: terapined
Of course Foxnews website puts a spin on their headline "Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell's attorney vows to appeal corruption convictions"
Are you so far down the rabbit hole that you think a news report is spin? *facepalm*

You're so ridiculously biased that you can't see that NOT reporting a key player's reaction shows bias on part of See-BS, (N)ational (B)arack (C)hannel, etc. *facepalm #2*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 5th, 2014 at 8:12:32 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
CA GOVERNOR: Brown 50%, Kashkari 34%

I keep hearing how Republicans need to become pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, and pro-gun control in order to win elections, and we have some members here who keep repeating this dumb mantra.

Well..........if that's so true, then how come pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-gun control candidate Neel Kashkari is getting his a** handed to him by Jerry Brown in the CA gubernatorial election?????

And don't give me this crap that "Young voters will vote for pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-gun control Republicans!" because Kashkari is LOSING the 18-39 age group by 24 points! *facepalm*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 5th, 2014 at 10:00:36 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: Beethoven
Are you so far down the rabbit hole that you think a news report is spin? *facepalm*

You're so ridiculously biased that you can't see that NOT reporting a key player's reaction shows bias on part of See-BS, (N)ational (B)arack (C)hannel, etc. *facepalm #2*

+10,000
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!