In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 26th, 2019 at 4:37:26 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
Hopefully the “master negotiator” can figure out how to fulfill his promise of getting Mexico to pay for the wall by then, because Americans sure as hell won’t!!

Were you this vociferous when there are and have been literally tens of trillions of dollars spent by the Federal government in your lifetime on programs you disagree with, - do you and/or did you "take to the streets" to express your discontentment with each one of those expenditures?

You do not want the wall merely because POTUS Trump does
January 26th, 2019 at 4:49:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: aceofspades
You do not want the wall merely because POTUS Trump does

I don’t want the wall cause it’s a stupid f***ing idea and it’s become a symbol of Trump and his base’s racism.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 26th, 2019 at 4:51:59 PM permalink
aceofspades
I don’t want the wall cause it’s a stupid f***ing idea and it’s become a symbol of Trump and his base’s racism.

I thought about leaving that last comment off my post because I knew you would be triggered and skip over the question raised therein
Turns out I was right 👍
January 26th, 2019 at 4:58:00 PM permalink
ams288
I thought about leaving that last comment off my post because I knew you would be triggered and skip over the question raised therein
Turns out I was right 👍

I’ve never “taken to the streets” to voice my disapproval about any dumb government expenditure - border wall included.

I’m not a “take to the streets” kind of guy.
January 26th, 2019 at 5:00:57 PM permalink
aceofspades
I’ve never “taken to the streets” to voice my disapproval about any dumb government expenditure - border wall included.

I’m not a “take to the streets” kind of guy.

If you noticed, "take[] to the streets" was in quotes - I would equate your intense distaste for POTUS Trump's wall rhetoric on a daily basis here on DT as you "taki[ing] to the streets"

Message boards are the new public square - did you ever disagree with any expenditures the Obama/Bush 43/Clinton/Bush 41/Reagan/Carter, et al. administration(s) made or wanted and, did you voice them hereon as much as you do the wall?

(PS--not trying to be a jerk - merely debating)
January 26th, 2019 at 5:14:46 PM permalink
ams288
Message boards are the new public square - did you ever disagree with any expenditures the Obama/Bush 43/Clinton/Bush 41/Reagan/Carter, et al. administration(s) made or wanted and, did you voice them hereon as much as you do the wall?

I was in the 7th grade when GWB became President. I didn’t care about politics then. I knew I didn’t like him in 2004 because of his campaign against gay marriage. But he became a lame duck pretty quickly after that election.

2006 was the first election I was able to vote in, and Dems had a good year. 2008 was even better.

2016 was the first “bad” election I’ve lived through. So Donald is the first one to propose any expenditures I really disagree with.
January 26th, 2019 at 5:23:11 PM permalink
aceofspades
I was in the 7th grade when GWB became President. I didn’t care about politics then. I knew I didn’t like him in 2004 because of his campaign against gay marriage. But he became a lame duck pretty quickly after that election.

2006 was the first election I was able to vote in, and Dems had a good year. 2008 was even better.

2016 was the first “bad” election I’ve lived through. So Donald is the first one to propose any expenditures I really disagree with.

You do realize Obama was against gay marriage when he campaigned
January 26th, 2019 at 5:41:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Obama flip flopped on Gay marriage
so often it makes you dizzy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 26th, 2019 at 6:36:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Trump was a Democrat. Aren't you allowed to change your mind?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 27th, 2019 at 4:18:13 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: rxwine
Trump was a Democrat. Aren't you allowed to change your mind?

Yes - of course, but that was not the point of my post