In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 3rd, 2019 at 7:28:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Long post..... coming.....

Whoever thinks that 'all these things we are putting in our bodies' cause more harm than good is JUST PLAIN WRONG. Life expectancy is on a constant up tick THANKS TO all these things (prescription drugs, vaccines, vitamins, etc...) we put in our bodies. Might there be SPECIFIC examples of things that have caused more harm than good, of course.... (thalidomide).

Anything you put in your body is going to have a side effect. Yes, you have to balance the harm vs the good. Polio, which will cripple you for life, sure, sign me up for that one. But no thanks on a flu shot or MMR "booster" that may be getting push sooner or later.

Quote:
Those that think that the unvaccinated only affect themselves are just plain wrong. There are a subset of the population that CANNOT take certain vaccines often due to some immunosuppression, and are at high risk for the diseases that are essentially eliminated by the REST of the population being vaccinated.

These people are at risk no matter what. Sorry, but I do not believe in telling someone they have to take a vax because someone else cannot.

Quote:
Obesity as well is far more concerning to overall health than vaccination shortfalls, but it is clearly not communicable. But the costs to society of obesity are in the billions for sure. "300 is the new 200"......

I've traveled to a few places where I had to "get shots" and "take pills" for a bunch of possible conditions (malaria being a main one). I think they were all just technically "recommended" as opposed to mandatory. One of the anti malarial pills did cause weird mental things, which I would say just fell short of hallucinations.

Obesity costs are hard to calculate, I am tired of the government thinking they need to "do something about it." Even in the trade, labor-saving devices are making men less strong than a generation ago. It will take time, but society will adapt. In 1,000 years humans will be extinct and none of it will matter.

I admit the "getting shots" may be an outdated thing. I just remember hearing it growing up. Might have met a few military who had to do it. Reminds me of all those ones who got sick from the Gulf War Vax. Hmmmm.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2019 at 1:11:42 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO
Obesity as well is far more concerning to overall health than vaccination shortfalls, but it is clearly not communicable. But the costs to society of obesity are in the billions for sure. "300 is the new 200"......
I'm not to sure about obesity notccinea being communicable.
As to vaccines a subset of children seem to get shots even when they already have an infection, that can lead to difficulty.
May 3rd, 2019 at 1:15:52 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
Even in the trade, labor-saving devices are making men less strong than a generation ago.
Ever try to heft a medieval battle sword or mace or draw a long bow made according to ancient specifications?
May 3rd, 2019 at 3:30:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Ever try to heft a medieval battle sword or mace or draw a long bow made according to ancient specifications?

Nope, I'm a runt. Not a punk like that guy called himself the Dragon on GoT, but a runt.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2019 at 4:34:12 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
Ohio Heartbeat Bill
According to one recent survey there is great support for such bills but much of it vanishes when pollsters inform the interviewee that most women don't know they are pregnant until well past the date for a detection of a heartbeat.
May 3rd, 2019 at 6:42:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This is the full live stream of the guy sitting in traffic doing his "show" for his youtube channel "Burger Planet" when a 18 wheeler barrels past his car at 80mph and into stopped traffic ahead of him causing death, fire and explosions.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 4th, 2019 at 2:06:53 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!
Trumper is killing it in the polls baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CNN poll: Trump earns best economic approval rating ever, highest favorability rating in 2 years
May 7th, 2019 at 2:08:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There’s a lawsuit against major tax preparation companies saying they purposely have been steering people away from the IRS free site, even though they made agreements not to in an agreement where the irs won’t compete against them in certain areas.

I say throw them under the bus.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 8th, 2019 at 5:36:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Escaping passengers criticized for grabbing their carry-on baggage during Moscow crash.
May 10th, 2019 at 12:34:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Apps such as Neighbors or Google's Ring, etc. are oft downloaded despite very low violent crime rates and merely serve as an extension of existing biases against blacks or the homeless. Motherboard article showed a gentrified Brooklyn neighborhood with eighty percent of images being tagged as suspicious were those of black people.